INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Papa Chillin' soon

+24
brigitte
Bubba2shoes
hockables
RVGRINGO
Trailrunner
gringal
mtech1950
slainte39
benjji
Zedinmexico
Carry Bean
shirley
WDBarr
suegarn
hickton
Lady Otter Latté
zenwoodle
Canada_Mike
sm1mex
CanuckBob
artsnob
solajijic
ferret
Just Chillin'
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Big Papa Chillin' soon - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Papa Chillin' soon

Post by CanuckBob Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:50 pm

The problem is that the US has turned a blind eye to the illegals until now because they needed them to perform all the low paying jobs that no one else would do. Kicking them out after many years is unfair.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:55 pm

CanuckBob wrote:The problem is that the US has turned a blind eye to the illegals until now because they needed them to perform all the low paying jobs that no one else would do. Kicking them out after many years is unfair.

When people start seeing $10.00 for a head of lettuce, for instance, they'll start to "get it". The work force is not as tough or as desperate as they were in the Great Depression. It's complicated. Too bad they can't put together a "bracero" program as they once did.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by mtech1950 Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:14 am

cbob, us didn't completely turn a blind eye, just very low priority. reagan addressed with first amnesty in 1986, prior to that the bracero program. i think you will see something similar in the near future

mtech1950

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:26 am

Kicking out illegals (and calling them all rapists and criminals) is more of an insult than an economic hardship to Mexico IMO. My concern is the canceling of NAFTA and applying huge tariffs to Mexican (and possibly Canadian) products. That will be devastating to the Mexican economy and could result in huge inflation, crime and very negative feelings for the expats. Of course the tourism would probably take a hit too as Americans will avoid Mexico knowing that they aren't as welcome as before.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:43 am

Yep. Had a nice chat with the coffee guy from Veracruz yesterday - among other things he said that our crime will increase substantially if masses of people are deported. They will come back, look around for jobs, find that they're going to be making 200 pesos a day, and say f that, I'm going to work for the cartels. He said there will be more crime of all kinds.

Not to mention how we will be perceived, can't blame them for that.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:47 am

Trump's promised tariffs would also adversely affect the U.S. economy.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/jun/21/donald-trump-has-floated-big-tariffs-what-could-im/
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:49 am

Well since we all look alike we just need to get the word out that at least 60% of the "whiteys" here are not from the US and only maybe 50% of the ones from the US support the new government.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mtech1950 Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:46 am

cbob, get one thing straight, trump did not call all mexicans rapists and criminals. he said some. and unfortunately for canadians, all are whitey here.

mtech1950

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:49 am

Maybe so but the Mexican's took great insult by it and that is what matter's to us down here.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:09 am

mtech1950 wrote:cbob, get one thing straight, trump did not call all mexicans rapists and criminals. he said some. and unfortunately for canadians, all are whitey here.

Actually, he said Mexicans coming over the border are rapists and criminls and that some are good people.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:33 am

I was just as insulted by that as Mexicans were, and I'm not Mexican.

Was just out in front cleaning the garage when I noticed a couple of my neighbors walking by, and another on the other side of the street. I am not particularly friendly with either of them but we are nodding acquaintances.

As I swept I heard Buenos Dias! I figured the couple were greeting the woman on the other side of the street but when I finally looked up I saw it was the man of the couple and the woman had walked on. He was greeting me and smiling. He stopped to make sure I saw him and tears came to my eyes as he made it a point to smile, nod, and wave, then continue on his way. Made my day. Maybe even my week.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:01 am

Wrong thread.....

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:07 am

I think it veered off because we were defending (or not) what Jus Chillin had stated above.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:36 am

CanuckBob wrote:It would appear that their whole concept of 3 restaurants (and partners) didn't work out. They have closed the small one, taken over the big (new) one, and changed the name (and menu) back to Jus Chillin. These kids don't stand around awaiting failure. It must have been quite apparent in the first few days that it was never going to work. They will be open Monday - Saturday. 12:00pm to 10:00pm. Starting tomorrow.

Partners are difficult.... partial partners?? the whole concept is a terrible idea...
There hasta be a top dog!! Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:14 am

CanuckBob wrote:The problem is that the US has turned a blind eye to the illegals until now because they needed them to perform all the low paying jobs that no one else would do. Kicking them out after many years is unfair.

Yesterday, I was visiting the Chapala pólice station when I noticed a cop who spoke perfect U.S. English so I inquired as to whether or not he had once lived in the U.S.  He told me he lived for years in San Francisco and nearby Santa Rosa having been taken illegally to the U.S. to live when five years old by his parents.  He, in his 30s, went to a Mexican dance hall and, upon exiting,was identifed along with others as an ilegal by INS Agents waiting outside the exit door to pounce and immediately deported to Mexico where he ended up in Chapala.  I commented on how lucky he was to live at Lake Chapala versus San Francisco and he agreed.  He recounted as to how he was miserable at first when he arrived in Mexico as he had never been in this country before but once he realized what a great place the Lake Chapala área was including our supurb climate, he realized this was one hell of an improvement over the San Francisco Bay Area as a place to live.  Having also lived for some 30 plus years in San Francisco, I couldn´t agree more.  Actually, I´ll  take where we live at Lake Chapala and San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas where we also are fortunate enough to live, over any place in the U.S. without reservation. Retiring to Mexico was one of our best moves ever and his having been deported turned out fine as far as he was concerned.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:09 pm

When I ran the winery an unhappy employee, a legal Mexican threaten to call la migra if I did not let him pick the grapes so I told him he would nt pick grapes and he turned us in. The immigration people called me to make an appointment as we were harvesting and agreed to come after the harvest. They asked me if I wanted to meet them in town or at the office. After the harvest was over we did not have undocumented workers so they came to the office...

Someone had to have complained to immigration that they were illegals at that dance or they would not have looked for the, The immigration told me who had turned us in.. The farms need the undocumented as we cannot really apply for visas when we do not know when we will need the people and when we need them we need them that day...there is no time for paperwork..the harvest can be lost pretty quickly and the immigration stays out unless someone complains.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WDBarr Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:46 pm

suegarn wrote:
WDBarr wrote:They have told US citizens that they are not welcome. I suspect many will not be going there. Their FB comments have turned a lot of people off.

Where have you seen that?  Total BS!  I checked all of their possible FB pages, and I don't see anything like that!

Here:

Ok Trump, we are certainly clear that you are a JOKE!! And for those who support him I think you don't realized it. These is not a reality show. Is not another season from the
Apprentice.

If you think that this type of un classy, rude, vulgar and disrespectful person has the capacity of leading a First World Country, I think there's something wrong with you. And you say that the World is mucking of America? Well... yes. Because of people like YOU!

We know that 32-35% of the people will vote for you and is sad to know that. That there is people who will vote for you. But we know that in Mexico we are sure that on November 9th we will celebrate, especially in Just Chillin' with Tequila for your defeat. And now more than ever we are clearly that in Just Chillin', we hope, non of your supporters will ever enter to Baby Just Chillin' and Big Papa Chillin'. We cannot stop thinking that you are a JOKE!

Anyway, in all countries we have WHITE-TRASH PEOPLE.

This is a quote from their FB page.

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:50 pm

So, they don't like Trump and his supporters kind of people and are "hoping" that they don't come to their establishment. Big deal.

...and your point is???

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:25 pm

......that Freddie never dies......

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:38 pm

gringal wrote:So, they don't like Trump and his supporters kind of people

I'm glad I don't have to drink with them as well..........

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:49 pm

That works for me, too.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:56 pm

WD still bore false witness against Just Chillin' by saying they would not allow AMERICANS in their restaurant. The truth is they said they hoped Trump supporters would stay away. Poor WD was so upset she had to lie about it and try to make as much trouble as she could. Not very Christian of her, but we have established she is much better with talking the talk than walking the walk.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:53 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:WD still bore false witness against Just Chillin' by saying they would not allow AMERICANS in their restaurant. The truth is they said they hoped Trump supporters would stay away. Poor WD was so upset she had to lie about it and try to make as much trouble as she could. Not very Christian of her, but we have established she is much better with talking the talk than walking the walk.

Maybe they were just trying to get rid of WD40......nicely.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:31 am

Yep......WD and the rest of "them".

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:42 am

Hah! Funny.

I keep running into people I know here and finding out they are supporting T, I had NO idea there were so many of them here. One thing for certain, this election has separated the smart from the not so smart. I'm trying to be kind here. . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:43 am

I believe 50%........don't let our Mexican neighbors hear this though as I've been telling them hardly any.

Beer

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next