INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There's still time to get your ballot and vote...

3 posters

Go down

There's still time to get your ballot and vote... Empty There's still time to get your ballot and vote...

Post by Flamingo Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:13 pm

in the U.S. elections. I just received the following email and thought I'd pass it in:

All states should be sending ballots out now. If you've requested a ballot, but not received it yet, you should get in touch with your local election official. Check here for their phone number http://www.democratsabroad.org/still_no_joy . I'm sure that all of the local election officials are processing ballot requests as fast as they can, but it does take a little bit of time.

However, NOW you can still vote using an emergency "Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot" (FWAB)
Go to http://www.democratsabroad.org/fwab and follow the instructions.

Email or FAX option: If you have previously registered to vote and requested an absentee ballot but it has not yet arrived the following states allow voters to use email or fax to send signed, voted Federal Write-in Absentee Ballots to local election officials: Alaska (fax only), Arizona (contact election official first), Arkansas (fax only), Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida (fax only), Hawaii (fax only), Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana (fax only), Maine, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska (fax only paper copy must also be mailed), Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma (fax only), Oregon (paper copy must also be mailed), Rhode Island (fax only), South Carolina, Utah, Washington, and West Virginia.

DHL, FedEx or UPS option: For those who must mail their ballot, this week is likely the last chance to take it to the US Embassy or Consulate. After this week, we strongly suggest you consider sending your ballot to your election official via an express courier service. Voter using this method should confirm delivery on or before November 8 prior to payment and shipment.
What is you receive your requested ballot after you send the FWAB? You should vote it and send it to your election official. They will replace your FWAB with your regular ballot.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

There's still time to get your ballot and vote... Empty Re: There's still time to get your ballot and vote...

Post by Trailrunner Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:27 pm

Ballot received, filled out, and just want to confirm that I can still take it to LCS on Monday for their consulate courier and arrival in the US in time. Correct???
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

There's still time to get your ballot and vote... Empty Re: There's still time to get your ballot and vote...

Post by MexicoPete Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:02 pm

I heard that the ballot box or whatever would be picked up at 2 PM Monday. Please, someone with more information, correct me.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:59 am

I think it may be 26 Oct so I've sent an email to verify
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:41 pm

The final pickup of ballots with be at LCS about noon on Wednesday 26 October.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down