INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horrifying Crash Test Against A Modern Car Shows Why Mexico's Nissan Tsuru Is No More

+3
JayBear
Zedinmexico
Kiri
7 posters

Go down

Horrifying Crash Test Against A Modern Car Shows Why Mexico's Nissan Tsuru Is No More Empty Horrifying Crash Test Against A Modern Car Shows Why Mexico's Nissan Tsuru Is No More

Post by Kiri Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:34 am

http://jalopnik.com/horrifying-crash-test-against-a-modern-car-shows-why-me-1788423100

Horrifying Crash Test Against A Modern Car Shows Why Mexico's Nissan Tsuru Is No More Lizxp0m8d8y5rhfrjj7u
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Horrifying Crash Test Against A Modern Car Shows Why Mexico's Nissan Tsuru Is No More Empty Re: Horrifying Crash Test Against A Modern Car Shows Why Mexico's Nissan Tsuru Is No More

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:59 pm

Absolutely true but my 2013 Honda Fit would do just as bad on this test as it is only four star and wasn't five star because of the same test. This is the hardest test for any car to pass. The Tsuru was basically a 1992 Sentra in USA. It is very difficult to design a car to absorb all the energy in a corner to corner test like the video shows. So many of us with newer four star rated cars would also do poorly on this test but not quite as bad as the old Tsuru did. Glad the Tsuru is out of production and replaced by the larger/newer Tiida taxi that we now see at the airport. The car the Tsuru crashed into is a Nissan Versa a close relative to the Tiida taxi cab. To be fair the corner crash test was only a thought when the Tsuru was designed in the late 80s.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Horrifying Crash Test Against A Modern Car Shows Why Mexico's Nissan Tsuru Is No More Empty Re: Horrifying Crash Test Against A Modern Car Shows Why Mexico's Nissan Tsuru Is No More

Post by JayBear Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:09 pm

Hey, I have a Honda Fit, and I believe this is the same brand of car in which a local vet survived that horrific multiple car crash in which the truck and cars ended up in the WalMart parking lot. If you look at the photos, the Honda Fit had enough steel around the passenger compartment to protect passengers. Yes, I am sure this is ONLY a car for driving locally at reasonable speeds. Which is what I do. An ease to park in town, and NOBODY is going to try to steal it;) Which is important if you are a gringa blonde who doesn't weight lift--like me.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by thomashellyer Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:03 pm

I had a 1994 Sentra (Tsuru) that I owned for 14 years, drove it back and forth between Washington state and here many times. Great car! Never broke down, just basic maintenance. Excellent mileage. Inexpensive parts that were easy to get here and in the states. Thankfully never was tested in an accident... Great economic car for the masses but I can understand why it is time to phase it out...

thomashellyer

Humor : punny

http://www.chapalahomesales.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:20 pm

JayBear wrote:Hey, I have a Honda Fit, and I believe this is the same brand of car in which a local vet survived that horrific multiple car crash in which the truck and cars ended up in the WalMart parking lot. If you look at the photos, the Honda Fit had enough steel around the passenger compartment to protect passengers. Yes, I am sure this is ONLY a car for driving locally at reasonable speeds. Which is what I do. An ease to park in town, and NOBODY is going to try to steal it;) Which is important if you are a gringa blonde who doesn't weight lift--like me.

I have a 2010 Honda Fit and it's a jewel for driving around town and parking.  It even takes those topes without scraping if you're a careful driver.
Unfortunately, we've had the chance to test the value of unibody construction and we came though the accident without injury.  Great cage to protect the driver and the passengers.
Once a year we turn it over to Al Rivas and son for a going over and it comes back driving like new again.  

Question:  Why wouldn't anybody try to steal it? (Not that mine has been stolen).  Just curious. pirat

Last edited by gringal on Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:22 pm

I wondered the same thing.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:05 pm

JayBear wrote:Hey, I have a Honda Fit, and I believe this is the same brand of car in which a local vet survived that horrific multiple car crash in which the truck and cars ended up in the WalMart parking lot. If you look at the photos, the Honda Fit had enough steel around the passenger compartment to protect passengers. Yes, I am sure this is ONLY a car for driving locally at reasonable speeds. Which is what I do. An ease to park in town, and NOBODY is going to try to steal it;) Which is important if you are a gringa blonde who doesn't weight lift--like me.
actually it was a Honda HRV. Larger than a Fit and smaller than a CRV.
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:20 am

joyfull wrote:
actually it was a Honda HRV. Larger than a Fit and smaller than a CRV.

And the HRV was five star rated but I don't think they were designed for letting loaded water trucks hit them in the butt. The HRV is based on the Fit and the CRV is based on the Civic. The older Fit is very safe just not so safe in the corner corner crash. Older Fits at four stars are still very very safe cars especially compared to like small cars of the same era. I once opened up the door of a OLDER chevy spark and no crash bars in doors , no airbags and an engine in a crash that goes into the passenger compartment instead of going down as most safe cars. Fits are safe.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:26 am

thomashellyer wrote:I had a 1994 Sentra (Tsuru) that I owned for 14 years, drove it back and forth between Washington state and here many times. Great car! Never broke down, just basic maintenance. Excellent mileage. Inexpensive parts that were easy to get here and in the states. Thankfully never was tested in an accident... Great economic car for the masses but I can understand why it is time to phase it out...

I think the biggest thing that bothers me about the Tsuru is the lack of airbags. It was time to move on and the taxis can have a much larger trunk now with the Tiida and other basic safety features. I drove Sentra for years. Last one was an SER with a 2.5L motor in it. Great gas mileage and power but the mirrors didn't fold and the low profile tires were worthless in Mexico so we returned it to US and sold it. Fits much easier to drive and park down here.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down