INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Peso Takes a Dive (beware)

+17
RichD
RickS
suegarn
lakeside7
espĂ­ritu del lago
gringal
Sideways
Guiness
sallys other sister
Carry Bean
oncesubtle
Gamina
Trailrunner
akjerry
CanuckBob
Zedinmexico
Smartalex
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Peso Takes a Dive (beware) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Peso Takes a Dive (beware)

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:21 pm

Bob I was told by Veve that this man two days ago had an altercation with an American in his store that spilled out to the street. She overheard that American loaned the Candy store owner money and he now refuses to pay it back. I think I would go on to say it would be good all in all to avoid this man for a while.

Back to top Go down

The Peso Takes a Dive (beware) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Peso Takes a Dive (beware)

Post by Trailrunner Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:25 pm

Please continue to report any incidents you witness. Meantime, continue with soft faces, ready smiles, kind words, and eye contact with our Mexican neighbors. They are hurting too and are also afraid of the future - many with good reason.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:29 pm

Exactly.....and on that note I am going up to buy a few tequilas for mi Mexican amigo's at El Cameleon.

mariachi

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:32 pm

[quote="Trailrunner"]Please continue to report any incidents you witness. Meantime, continue with soft faces, ready smiles, kind words, and eye contact with our Mexican neighbors. They are hurting too and are also afraid of the future - many with good reason.[/quote]

So true and I agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:15 pm

So pray do tell me who is going to employ all the maids and gardeners at inflated rates when the last American turns off the lights at Lakeside..
Both US and Canadians plus others bring a lot dollars, time and talent into this local economy
There are rules and regulations for Mexicans or others to follow if they wish to go to the USA or Cad,
Just like we are expected to follow the Mexican R&R for residing in "Paradise"
I follow the rules and behave and treat others with respect and I expect the same back

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:58 pm

Interesting factlet:
We the people who voted rang up a higher count of votes for what turned out to be the loser in the election. At least, that was the count just before noon today. Yet, the country retains the Electoral College system. Go figure.

Our best policy is to behave ourselves with the courtesy others here deserve.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:12 pm

This is a comment I posted on TOB about the moderator's 'strong-arm' tactics, locking threads that didn't coincide with his beliefs.....

Quote from moderator...

"OK this is getting a bit political and derogatory in spots. Shall we wait and see?

I am encouraged by the fact that Mr. Peña Nieto invited the candidates down and Mr. Trump came and they had a frank and open discussion. That is a good start.

The original intent of this thread was a heads up about encountering possible post election hostility. I've been out and about alot today and haven't run into any. If anything serious happens, please report it here in a new thread."

New thread...

You obviously didn't get out as much as you stated today. If you had, you would have heard and seen MANY Americans that are either angry or anxious about their future here in Mexico. They're worried about their Social Security transfers, and other bank transfers as well. It may only be a glitch for a short time, but to some, they need to depend on their monthly income with no hesitation.

Also, I was at a place today that had a Trump punching bag hung up, and EVERYONE in the place was punching it very hard! I'm surprised that it didn't get totally destroyed! There wasn't one person in the whole place who had anything even remotely good to say about Trump!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:42 pm

I think he just said it was getting Political.....
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RichD Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:14 pm

suegarn wrote:Also, I was at a place today that had a Trump punching bag hung up, and EVERYONE in the place was punching it very hard!

We may find Trump faced urinals in some hard core cantinas too.

Note: Ladies and wives do not enter a real cantina and many have urinals built into the end of the bar.
RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:19 pm

He is on a thread locking reign of terror....... lol!

What??.....five in a row now?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:29 pm

The Americans largest trading partner is Mexico and Mexicos largest trading partner is the US. Money talks.

The expat community puts more money into MX than tourism, so it's going to stay.

This will blow over in a week or so.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:19 pm

jrm30655 wrote:
The expat community puts more money into MX than tourism, so it's going to stay.

Huh? I find that very hard to believe. Do you have any source for that??? scratch
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:29 pm

We should all leave and take all the big bad American companies with us like the car manufacturers and let the locals live in peace and fish and do whatever they would have been doing before we interfered.

Lots of people on edge, also few know the distinction between legal and illegal. Illegals in the US still have many more rights than people legally in Mexico but foreigners. Elections are over so is the BS hopefully and people will see it for the circus it was and now we need to move on with things.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:31 pm

slainte39 wrote:He is on a thread locking reign of terror....... lol!

What??.....five in a row now?

Rosa Venus wrote:
jrm30655 wrote:

Huh? I find that very hard to believe. Do you have any source for that??? scratch

Yes, that's exactly what I what I was saying about Moderator 2 from TOB! And, I would like to see a show of hands on how many expats in Mexico are happy with the results of the election!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:33 pm

OK, this is getting quasi political now.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2