INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You thought you knew about boiling eggs.

+2
Rolly
espíritu del lago
6 posters

Go down

You thought you knew about boiling eggs. Empty You thought you knew about boiling eggs.

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:00 pm

http://www.exploratorium.edu/cooking/eggs/explore-text.html

My grand daughter asked how come mommies eggs turn green where the yolk meets the white...Hmm... so just in case you are ever asked now you know..
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

You thought you knew about boiling eggs. Empty Re: You thought you knew about boiling eggs.

Post by Rolly Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:15 pm

I have found that boiled eggs are easier to peal if they are still a bit warm.
I like a chopped egg in a salad, so I usually boil 6 or 8 at a time. I peal them, and store them until needed in the fridge immersed in sour pickle juice.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

You thought you knew about boiling eggs. Empty Re: You thought you knew about boiling eggs.

Post by hockables Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:03 pm

i remember that recipe... 6 beer and 2 pickled eggs... the next day = 0 friends

i like pickled eggs... but the next day... even the dog wont sit in the same room....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by islandiver Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:16 pm

Rolly wrote:I have found that boiled eggs are easier to peal if they are still a bit warm.
I like a chopped egg in a salad, so I usually boil 6 or 8 at a time. I peal them, and store them until needed in the fridge immersed in sour pickle juice.

Why peel eggs if you are going to chop then up?

Just cut them in half and use a spoon.

islandiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:57 pm

hockables wrote:i remember that recipe... 6 beer and 2 pickled eggs... the next day = 0 friends

i like pickled eggs... but the next day... even the dog wont sit in the same room....

That there is South Alabama gourmet food. At least six Pabst Blue Ribbon brews, a couple of vintage pickled hardboiled eggs to be found in a large jar on the bar, a "polish" sausage, some "cracklins" and, if you happened to have taken a wrong turn north and have done found yosef in Southern Illinois, some deep fried zucchini. If you have a Moon Pie for dessert and a Confederate license plate on the front of yo `57 Chevy, you may not be the smartest sumbitch who ever walked the face of the earth but you is a home boy whether in Sparta, Illinois or Sparta, Mississippi.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowDaddy Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:35 am

I always save the brine from a large jar of Garlic Dill Pickles, and hard boil as many eggs as it will hold, then let them sit in the fridge for as long as can before the itch to eat some arrives.

Then I take them over to CanuckBob's and we sit and watch a hockey game with brews and pickled eggs, then we allow to let at least four or five days elapse before we even entertain the idea of being in each others company.

Geez, that's gonna come to an end soon with house being sold, ah well all good things must sometime come to an end.
SnowDaddy
SnowDaddy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down