INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom Tompson needs blood for surgery Urgent

3 posters

Go down

Tom Tompson needs blood for surgery Urgent  Empty Tom Tompson needs blood for surgery Urgent

Post by simpsca Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:24 pm

I just heard from Ricardo that Tom is in St. Francis de Assisi hospital in Guad. for surgery. He needs A+ blood. I realize that most of us are past the age of donating blood but we are trying to spread the word as far as possible as quickly as possible. Ricardo can be reached on his cell: 331 316 5734.

Re: Blood needed for Tommy Thompson
I just talked to Ricardo and Tom...Tom's doing ok; he says he's bored. The surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning

PS Please copy this message and email it to all the lakeside contacts you have. I found these two messages on another chat board, but know Tom very well and am trying to spread the word.

Last edited by simpsca on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Tom Tompson needs blood for surgery Urgent  Empty Re: Tom Tompson needs blood for surgery Urgent

Post by simpsca Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:47 pm

Unfortunately the cut off age is 60, I just called Ricardo to volunteer - I'm A+ but too old. Any youngsters out there please volunteer.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Tom Tompson needs blood for surgery Urgent  Empty Re: Tom Tompson needs blood for surgery Urgent

Post by Parker Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:17 pm

simpsca wrote:Unfortunately the cut off age is 60, I just called Ricardo to volunteer - I'm A+ but too old. Any youngsters out there please volunteer.

What if we just fudge a little? Dead Horse

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:04 am

They ask to see your ID when you look our age. 10 years ago a friend was going to donate blood for my surgery in case I needed it. He was 64. I took him to the hospital and they asked to see his drivers license or other ID and told us he was too old.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jack Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:59 am

Who is Tom Thompson?

uj
Uncle Jack
Uncle Jack
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twisted and Bizarre

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:08 am

Tom Tompson owns Barbara's Bazar in Ajijic. He has been here a long time - was here 12 years ago when I moved to the area. His employees have been working for him for about the longest time of any shop I know of so he must be doing something right by them. He also does a lot for the community, sponsoring events for Mexican children, etc.

I understand from a friend that he fell a few days ago and is in a lot of pain. When they got him to the hospital the doctor thinks he damaged his spleen and there is a lot of blood in his chest cavity. Surgery is supposed to be today and if that is the problem will do a speenectomy.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jack Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:14 am

Yes, I know the man. Dealt with him several times when I lived there. Good guy and straight shooter.

uj

Uncle Jack
Uncle Jack
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twisted and Bizarre

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:32 am

I just received a message from Ricardo and Tom has all the blood he needs for surgery. He says thanks to the community for supporting Tom with this.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down