INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would like to hear some recent reviews about Netflix from Lakeside people

+2
Ezzie
suegarn
6 posters

Go down

Would like to hear some recent reviews about Netflix from Lakeside people Empty Would like to hear some recent reviews about Netflix from Lakeside people

Post by suegarn Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:36 pm

The most recent discussion on this board about Netflix was back in 2013. I'm sure there are many more people using it now here in Lakeside.

I'm considering signing up for a subscription, but want honest opinions first (and please tell me if you have Netflix Mexico, U.S. or Canada in your review)

Thanks!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Would like to hear some recent reviews about Netflix from Lakeside people Empty Re: Would like to hear some recent reviews about Netflix from Lakeside people

Post by Ezzie Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:48 pm

I have a subscription to Netflix Mexico that I pay for with my Canadian CC card - $159 MX/mo. for the 4 HD device capability. I simultaneously use it in BOTH Mexico AND Canada (I am here right now and my wife is in Canada visiting family and using it there). The selection of movies is different depending on what country you are signing in from as Netflix detects your IP address and adjusts the delivered content to your screen. I am currently watching the series "La Reigna del Sur" here in Mexico (Spanish language with English subtitles) and my wife is watching "Grey's Anatomy" (English) in Canada.

I am pleased with the service. Works for us!!

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Would like to hear some recent reviews about Netflix from Lakeside people Empty Re: Would like to hear some recent reviews about Netflix from Lakeside people

Post by gringal Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:59 pm

suegarn wrote:The most recent discussion on this board about Netflix was back in 2013.  I'm sure there are many more people using it now here in Lakeside.

I'm considering signing up for a subscription, but want honest opinions first (and please tell me if you have Netflix Mexico, U.S. or Canada in your review)

Thanks!

I had Netflix U.S. until the axed me; then I tried Mexican Netflix and didn't like it as well since I need subtitles and they didn't have them on everything.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by jle Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:45 am

I have been using MX Netflix here for over a year now and I love it. I have subtitles on everything and the service is very reliable if you have a decent internet connection. They have more movies and shows in English than I could ever watch and two people can watch different shows on different TV's or you can share with a friend. I pay about $6.40 US per month with the exchange rate now.

jle

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:19 am

It sounds like that if I get Netflix, I'm going to have to use a VPN and sign up for the U.S. version. I don't want the hassle of reading subtitles in English while I'm trying to watch the show at the same time!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:31 am

They have a different selection of shows on U.S. Netflix. I happen to like British mysteries and dramas, and with those accents, I need the subtitles!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zea Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:05 am

Gringal - do you have US or Mexican Netflix? I also like some of those British shows and am wondering if they are on Mex. Netflix. (Can't browse content w/o signing up, apparently.)

Zea

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:17 am

Zea wrote:Gringal - do you have US or Mexican Netflix?  I also like some of those British shows and am wondering if they are on Mex. Netflix.  (Can't browse content w/o signing up, apparently.)
Sent you a PM

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:19 am

Netflix is very good at sniffing out VPN's and blocking them. I wouldn't count on using a VPN. Why don't you simply sign up for the free 1 month trial and check it out for yourself. Mexican Netflix meets my needs.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:29 am

CanuckBob wrote:Netflix is very good at sniffing out VPN's and blocking them. I wouldn't count on using a VPN. Why don't you simply sign up for the free 1 month trial and check it out for yourself. Mexican Netflix meets my needs.

Good idea, but you can't make comparisons between the two that way.  There are a couple of VPN's that have escaped the net of Netflix so far.  The poster could try signing up for Mexican Netflix's free trial month and at least find out how well it satisfies.  Then, he could add a VPN and use either one.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:35 am

Thank you for all the good information! One more question....do you know if Netflix carries reality shows like Real Housewives of NYC, or Million Dollar Listing NY?

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down