INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a week… in Estados Unidos!

+7
borderreiver
gringal
CanuckBob
Lady Otter Latté
Trailrunner
ferret
toedippers
11 posters

Go down

What a week… in Estados Unidos! Empty What a week… in Estados Unidos!

Post by toedippers Wed May 03, 2017 9:33 pm

So a couple weeks back I wrote a note about all the crazy things that had gone on in Mexico in just one week.  As a counterpoint, it seems only fitting that this time I would recap some of the crazy goings-on here in the US in just the last week.

Is it a fad? Is it a new craze? I don’t know… but again this week we got to see more fights on planes.  Here in Atlanta two women rolled right out of the plane and down the jetway punching a kicking each other – until a pilot (who is now suspended) jumped in to break it up and ended up punching one of the women himself.  This following the ‘baby stroller’ incident, the ‘dragging-off the-plane’ incident, and the latest – ‘a fisticuffs involving and American on a Tokyo flight’ incident.

If there’s any ‘good news’, it’s that the CEO of United Airlines was on the hill in Washington this week and committed his airline not to violently drag any more passengers off his planes – clearly this weeks ‘good news’ bar has been set very, very low…

Maybe luxury festivals in exotic locations are more your thing… if so, perhaps you were lucky enough to get dragged off the plane before you flew to the Fyre Festival in the Bahamas.  This was to be the ultimate festival (at about $10k pp to attend) with lux accommodations, parties on the beach with supermodels and celebrities, music, great food, etc. … But it seems to have turned out to be more of a Lord of the Flies event.  Folks were stuck in disaster relief tents in bad weather with bread rations and cheese slices to eat – no water, lost luggage – and no way off the island… a complete organizational and logistics fiasco.

So maybe it’s better just to stay home...  Or is it?

Dare I mention US politics?  Will I be banished to the Octagon?  Maybe?

So let’s begin…

Sonny Purdue – our new agriculture secretary - has announced a new “hands off approach to school nutrition” and allowing schools “flexibility” in their lunch programs.  Flexibility like: not serving whole grains, allowing higher fat content in milk, more salt in foods… good things like that.  As a sidebar - child obesity has tripled in the last 4 decades in the US – I guess that’s not likely to reverse any time soon… thanks Sonny!

Here’s a headline that will have at least the Canadians who read this shaking their heads in disbelief – “House votes to overturn Obama rule restricting gun sales to the severely mentally ill.”  Yup - it’s as true as it is crazy…

Meanwhile… here in Atlanta, Bill 280 might just pass.  It allows students (or whoever) to carry concealed firearms on the states college campuses including to disciplinary meetings between students and faculty – what could possibly got wrong there?  

What can I say? It’s Georgia.   You can carry a gun into church or a bar – so why not a college… this is what passes as critical reasoning here in the peach state.

Maybe – in its own warped way - our state government is worried about protecting us from criminals – but our president has decided to embrace them instead!  He’s invited Duterte  (president of the Philippines, lead candidate for a crimes against humanity tribunal, self-admitted killer of criminal suspects (also known as murder), advocate for extra-judicial killing of drug users (also know as murder) overseer of 7000 government executions in the past year) to dinner.  I wonder what they’ll chat about between the courses?

We also had our beloved leader praise another beloved leader - Kim Jong-un and say he’d be “honored” to meet the man.  “Horrified” that would make sense,  “honored” not so much…  

And what’s with the whole “But why was there a civil war?” gibberish.  I thought maybe I was the only one puzzled by Trumps observations on the civil war, however I felt better to learn I was joined by ANYONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THE CIVIL WAR.  

Ok, ok, enough politics – It’s a bottomless well of crazy…  so let’s talk prostitution!  

Apparently, in California there’s a court case ramping up because the makers of a credit card payment device called Square (it fits on you’re cell phone and allows credit card swipes for payment) is discriminating against prostitutes and bookies using their service. I guess now when you think of hookers and having proper protection you might want to check if they’re talking about condoms or credit card authorization.

Lastly, because I know those of you who are smarting from my Trump digs need this note to be over so you can furiously retort my words – here’s one last fun bit of crazy…

The Met gala was this week and the stars were out in full fashion mode.  Below is Rihanna (a singer/model) wearing one of the hits of the evening.

Glamour stated  “she graced the red carpet in a badass flower bomb of a dress from the Comme des Garçons fall 2016 collection that the designer once described as “imagining punks in the eighteenth century, which was a time of so many revolutions.””

I call it dressing in velco and rolling your way to the Gala – which is maybe why I don’t work for Glamour.

What do you think?

What a week… in Estados Unidos! Riri10

My preference was one of the Kardashian’s – seen below – for reasons I think are obvious – what a great pair of shoes!

What a week… in Estados Unidos! Kard10

cheers!

td

Ps: BTW - it’s only Wednesday!

toedippers

Humor : Lost in Translation

Back to top Go down

What a week… in Estados Unidos! Empty Re: What a week… in Estados Unidos!

Post by ferret Wed May 03, 2017 9:42 pm

It was worth the wait. Thank you!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed May 03, 2017 10:21 pm

Really! lolol Thanks, chica.

My favorite line . . ."clearly this weeks ‘good news’ bar has been set very, very low…".
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed May 03, 2017 10:27 pm

Why don't the Kardashians just walk around nekkid? That dress has just enough coverage to keep her from getting arrested I guess.

Thanks for the update. I look forward to the next one!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed May 03, 2017 10:31 pm

"Why don't the Kardashians just walk around nekkid?" HAHAHAHAHA Exactly what I was thinking! Whoever that woman is, she's pathetic.

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed May 03, 2017 10:42 pm

She does not look familiar, but they have so many "procedures" done that it is difficult to recognize them as they continue to transform.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 04, 2017 9:05 am

Great update!!

mariachi

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu May 04, 2017 9:10 am

Thanks for the coffee-spiller!
cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu May 04, 2017 9:16 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:She does not look familiar, but they have so many "procedures" done that it is difficult to recognize them as they continue to transform.

Khloe Kardashian?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 04, 2017 9:17 am

It is Kendall Jenner.........and her shoes are awesome.....jaja!!

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu May 04, 2017 9:30 am

Thanks Bob! Between Bella Hadid and Kendall Jenner, I was waiting for someone to pull a thread. Even if the whole "costume" had unraveled, there wouldn't have been that much more exposed.

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Fri May 05, 2017 8:18 pm

Duterte Envy. Poor guy.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Sat May 06, 2017 8:24 am

Kendall Jenner, huh, Bob? Good to know you are paying attention to fashion;)

Loved the article, hope you will do some writing about Lakeside when you're here--we desperately need people with a sense of humor here.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by PoCo2012 Sat May 06, 2017 12:54 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Why don't the Kardashians just walk around nekkid? That dress has just enough coverage to keep her from getting arrested I guess.

Thanks for the update. I look forward to the next one!

Yes, I remember when Bette Midler, or maybe it was Cher, suggested the only way we could see more of Kim K's body was if she swallowed the camera.
PoCo2012
PoCo2012
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat May 06, 2017 2:49 pm

hahaha. Sounds like Bette Midler.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Sat May 06, 2017 6:12 pm

SIGH!!! Bette Midler is approx. my age (well, okay, I am a few months older, not many) and she is still going strong. Memo to self: are there more vitamins you could be taking, or is it motivational, on account of because you don't get $$$$$.$$ for getting up in the morning, and performing, and your performing schedule is limited? My performing schedule is limited to doing laundry and fixing lunch and coping with the electrician and plumber. MEMO to self: I must aspire to this lifestyle!

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat May 06, 2017 8:10 pm

Yeah, and she looks damn good too.
What about Tina! Older and still performing high speed on stage!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Sat May 06, 2017 8:24 pm

Well, I am hoping the only difference between them and moi, aside from talent, which I do not possess, is plastic surgery and a few grams of cocaine. But one never knows, do one??? (I seem to remember that the great Bubba used to say that,, but I have been around here so long I can't remember!)

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun May 07, 2017 1:10 am

Just read that Loretta Lynn had to cancel 2 shows because of a mild stroke, but is expected to make full recovery.
She is 85........I didn't even know if she was still alive.
It seems like I was just a kid when they made that famous movie about her lol! (Not really)

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun May 07, 2017 9:39 am

Tina is great yes still performing and living in that trailer as she goes around the country.. good for her still doing what she loves.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down