INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Work INR

2 posters

Go down

Blood Work INR Empty Blood Work INR

Post by Wide Sky Sun May 07, 2017 5:38 pm

Hubby needs to have his INR taken regularly BUT we have a small problem. I haven't been able to get the Coaguchek XS strips for his monitor. It is NOT the same as a blood glucose monitor. I can find them in GDL but they are a bit of a PITA to get. So our other option is to have someone come and take his blood for the test. NO, I can't take him to a clinic - both arms and both legs have fractures, so he doesn't fold and getting him in and out of a vehicle is well - you get the drift.
SO - has anyone found any strips locally???
OR - do you happen to know which clinic might make a house call?
Thanks.

Wide Sky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Blood Work INR Empty Re: Blood Work INR

Post by Trailrunner Sun May 07, 2017 9:17 pm

Yikes, poor guy. Hope he's mending and will be out of bed soon.

I don't really know how this normally works, but wouldn't you need a lab instead of a clinic? Or do all clinics and labs have these strips? I think you have to first find out which labs or clinics have the strips and then ask them to send someone to the house for a blood draw and INR test.

Who is his doctor and what do they recommend?

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wide Sky Mon May 08, 2017 5:59 pm

He has a team (vascular 3/orthopedic 3) in GDL but I did check with our local GP and he arranged for a tech from Clinica Montana in Chapala to come. $165 pesos, painless, in an out in 10 minutes and results emailed in 6 hrs.
I think 'lab' and 'clinic' are a bit interchangeable at least in the names. Anyway 1/2 the problem solved and I'll make arrangements to get the strips when in GDL this week.
Even in Canada I could only find the strips in London Drugs (but not all outlets) and often had to call ahead to make sure they had them in stock.
Thanks.

Wide Sky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down