INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking into purchasing health insurance through WEA

+3
sm1mex
CanuckBob
suegarn
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Looking into purchasing health insurance through WEA Empty Looking into purchasing health insurance through WEA

Post by suegarn Tue May 16, 2017 11:10 am

Can others tell me their experience with WEA? Were you satisfied with their service? Do you have to pay up front at hospitals, then get reimbursed from them, or do the hospitals submit invoices directly to WEA?

Any and all constructive advice is appreciated. Thanks!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Looking into purchasing health insurance through WEA Empty Re: Looking into purchasing health insurance through WEA

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 16, 2017 11:31 am

I think I was looking at a plan with them but when they sent me the list of what they didn't cover I took a pass. Check that out carefully.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Looking into purchasing health insurance through WEA Empty Re: Looking into purchasing health insurance through WEA

Post by suegarn Tue May 16, 2017 3:05 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I think I was looking at a plan with them but when they sent me the list of what they didn't cover I took a pass. Check that out carefully.

Thanks, Bob! Good to know!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu May 18, 2017 12:39 pm

I talked with Andre Bellon about WEA. Not so hot.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 18, 2017 4:23 pm

Maybe not so hot as Best Doctors? If WEA has a list of what they DON'T cover then they're more straight-up than Best Doctors. Has anyone looked into Protexplan?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu May 18, 2017 4:27 pm

Never heard of Protexplan.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 18, 2017 4:34 pm

See ad weekly in the Reporter.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Thu May 18, 2017 6:52 pm

A single policy for WEA will cost you much more than if you join Boomers-in-Paradise and buy through Blue Angel Agency. It's a group plan with better deductibles and lower rates.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 18, 2017 6:55 pm

You get what you pay for. As Bob said, not much covered.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Thu May 18, 2017 7:53 pm

Gamina wrote:A single policy for WEA will cost you much more than if you join Boomers-in-Paradise and buy through Blue Angel Agency.  It's a group plan with better deductibles and lower rates.

It looks like the only policies available on the Boomers in Paradise page are through Best Doctors and WEA, which are the two that most people on here are saying aren't very good.

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 18, 2017 8:16 pm

You can buy better but you can't pay more!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Thu May 18, 2017 9:54 pm

I switched from Best Doctors to WEA because it is a MUCH better policy and covers more.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri May 19, 2017 3:35 am

That sounds encouraging. Maybe Bob would share some of the details of what WEA does not cover.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 19, 2017 8:36 am

I don't have the list anymore however it didn't cover stroke or heart attack which was the reason I want extra insurance. My doctor also said it was kind of worded in a way that it wouldn't cover the type of kidney failure that accompanies many other diseases. Of course there could be different levels of coverage.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri May 19, 2017 8:48 am

Hmmm.......... I have Allianz, it's not cheap but it covers virtually everything.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 19, 2017 9:26 am

I'm going to go talk with Bellon. I hear he and his offerings are good. It is important to me that my GP is on board with the company I choose.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Fri May 19, 2017 9:31 am

The poster does not mention his? age..I guess there is no free lunch..You get what you pay for and age has to figure largely into the policy premium etc....so how does your age compare with the folks you are asking for info?

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Fri May 19, 2017 10:30 am

lakeside7 wrote:The poster does not mention his? age..I guess there is no free lunch..You get what you pay for and age has to figure largely into the policy premium etc....so how does your age compare with the folks you are asking for info?

I wasn't asking about price of premiums or type of coverage in my original post.  All I wanted to know was the satisfaction level that others have with WEA, and if you pay up front and get reimbursed later, or do the hospitals bill WEA directly?

So I don't see why you need to know my age as compared with the others that I'm asking!   scratch

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 19, 2017 1:00 pm

Talk with your GP Sue. See who they find are the best to work with. They usually know who has the best coverage too.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri May 19, 2017 1:43 pm

Yep, that's good advice, after all that is who will be paying them.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Fri May 19, 2017 4:22 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Talk with your GP Sue. See who they find are the best to work with. They usually know who has the best coverage too.

Thanks Bob! I just need to get a GP now. Luckily, I've been healthy enough that I haven't needed to see a GP since I moved down here, but now I know I better get 'er done before it's too late!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri May 19, 2017 5:13 pm

Two good ones: Dr. Juan Pablo Loza, Dra. Carla C. Flores
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Fri May 19, 2017 5:37 pm

David wrote:Two good ones:  Dr. Juan Pablo Loza, Dra. Carla C. Flores

Thanks David! Where are their offices?

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 19, 2017 5:46 pm

My wife and I use Dr. Santiago Hernandez at Chapala Med. He is on the libremiento near Lake Taco.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri May 19, 2017 5:52 pm

Dr. J.P is in Chapala, Dra. Carla is changing in between offices but will see patients in their home. Her phone: 33-1000-7777
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next