INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roku

4 posters

Go down

Roku Empty Roku

Post by ajiblue Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:45 pm

Anyone having a problem with your service being blocked? The guy who handles it for me is saying that its blocked all blocked. ??? Shocked

ajiblue

Back to top Go down

Roku Empty Re: Roku

Post by viejito Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:20 pm

ajiblue wrote:Anyone having a problem with your service being blocked?  The guy who handles it for me is saying that its blocked all blocked. ??? Shocked

My Roku works fine but then I'm not trying to use it for anything it was not intended for. Are you using it to steal copyrighted content? Rolling Eyes

viejito

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by ajiblue Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:03 pm

Well, my guy said it was legal, but I really have no idea. Its a Roku Tv and I was using Pix network. I just dont know.

ajiblue

Back to top Go down

Post by viejito Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:24 pm

Hey, I have a bridge for sale and it's legal. Interested?

viejito

Back to top Go down

Post by ajiblue Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:41 pm

Dead Horse razberry

ajiblue

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:34 pm

viejito wrote:
ajiblue wrote:Anyone having a problem with your service being blocked?  The guy who handles it for me is saying that its blocked all blocked. ??? Shocked

My Roku works fine but then I'm not trying to use it for anything it was not intended for. Are you using it to steal copyrighted content? Rolling Eyes

For the uninitiated of us here can you please explain the difference between your set up and the other guy's (possible/probable) set up

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:36 pm

I use my Roku for Netflix. No problem at all.

BTW.....Roku is no longer for sale in Mexico. They have been removed from Amazon MX, Best buy, etc.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by viejito Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:41 pm

As CBob says, Roku is simply a streaming device. There are hundreds if not thousands of approved channels. Netflix Mexico works well and is not pirating anything, you pay Netflix. We use it primarily for USTV Now which we pay $40 US/Mo. and can (legally) watch many mainstream channels and for us the best deal is it has a DVR function. All the networks, Discovery, ESPN, Nat Geo, etc. Only for people outside the US with a US address and CC. We can also watch Amazon Prime content as long as it's their original content, they don't care where in the world you are. Smithsonian has an interesting channel with no geo restrictions. Go to the Roku site and you will see many of the channels. Hackers have altered these devices to be able to receive programming for which no royalties have been paid, think Torrents. They make great promises and collect fees up front and usually disappear when the content owners block their hack. It's a game to see who can stay ahead of who. Many local US TV channels have a Roku channel where you can watch local news live and recordings of previous newscasts. You'll have to buy your Roku in the US and have it shipped here as Bob said, Roku has been prohibited from sales here. The Mexican content people, think Azteca and Televisa, have obtained court orders since these people have been stealing their signals.

viejito

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:52 pm

The US won't ship a Roku to Mexico either. You will have to go there and bring it back in your luggage. Not likely the customs guys will know what it is or even care if they found it. Otherwise you can still buy Roku type knock offs on Amazon MX. I just bought a Ghia unit from them 2 weeks ago.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viejito Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:27 pm

We have all kinds of stuff shipped to Mexico including any electronics you can think of. Now the SELLERS won't ship here but you can use any shipper you want to get a Roku with, as you say, no problems at Immigration. Just ship by land, never by air.

viejito

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:30 pm

True. Just have it shipped to friends house and have them Fed Ex it to you. Just don't put Roku on the documents.......probably be OK.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ajiblue Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:43 pm

Huh. Ok, well I dont think the guy was ripping me off because I paid him a month at a time, and it turns out he had not collected the last two months, I guess he saw this coming. Whether he was ripping someone else off is his business I guess. Thanks for the helpful answers.

ajiblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down