INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using different modem/router with Telmex

5 posters

Go down

Using different modem/router with Telmex Empty Using different modem/router with Telmex

Post by gvprod Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:41 pm

Does anyone have experience using a US model of router/modem with your telmex wifi service?

Thanks
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Using different modem/router with Telmex Empty Re: Using different modem/router with Telmex

Post by sparks Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:49 am

Works fine
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Using different modem/router with Telmex Empty Using Other router than Telmex

Post by TexasChica Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:23 pm

I have an Asus router hooked to my TelMex router in order to watch Netflix. We tried hooking up first the Asus and the Telmex but that didn't work. My TelMex router get so hot it is ruining the cabinet it sits on and I have to put some thing slightly under it to keep it from getting so hot and when I called Telmex, they tell me that there is nothing wrong with this old router from Telmex and will not bring me a new one. I betting on Ilox even if it takes a year. TelMex is a joke for internet service. Clearly they are unwilling to upgrade their infrastructure and I hope ILox puts them out of business.

TexasChica

Back to top Go down

Using different modem/router with Telmex Empty Re: Using different modem/router with Telmex

Post by spamman Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:32 pm

Along those same lines, I assume I can also use any good router for my telecable connection.  They dont seem to want to let me have access to the Hitron unit.  ALso, the latest router malware, VPNFilter, requires you have access to the unit to fix this.  Thanks

spamman

Back to top Go down

Post by rustbucket Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:52 pm

The Linksys X1000 Modem/Router works. Turn off the wireless on the modem and you can hook up any router to it. You need to call Telmex to set up a password for access to Infinitum. I also have a Netgear modem that works, but it drops the connection intermittently.

rustbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down