INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flu shot availability

+10
CanuckBob
gringal
ferret
Trailrunner
Fastfox
Flamingo
Marrell
Chapalamed
MexicoPete
coffeeguy
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Flu shot availability Empty Flu shot availability

Post by coffeeguy Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:07 pm

Has anyone heard whether the stronger version of this vaccine that's apparently recommended for older adults is going to be available at Lakeside - and if so, where and when?

It seems like normally Farmacia Guadalajara and other places announce flu shot availability right around this time, but maybe it's still a week or two early. I asked my doc's office and they had no info.

coffeeguy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Flu shot availability Empty Re: Flu shot availability

Post by MexicoPete Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:23 pm

Gosh, up North, they were making the flu shots available in early to mid Sep. And they were available lakeside earlier this month. Sadly I don't know which version was/is available
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by coffeeguy Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:25 pm

Just the milder formula at the LCS Health fair Pete and I haven't heard of anyplace else offering them down here yet.

coffeeguy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalamed Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:16 am

Chapala Med has been dispensing FLU vaccines for the past 3 weeks already. The ones available here are the 3 strain vaccine. The 4 strain was promised for mid-November.
Chapalamed
Chapalamed
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by coffeeguy Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:09 am

Chapalamed wrote:Chapala Med has been dispensing FLU vaccines for the past 3 weeks already. The ones available here are the 3 strain vaccine. The 4 strain was promised for mid-November.

Thanks very much! This is exactly the info I was looking for.

coffeeguy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrell Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:16 pm

I had my flu shot as Maskaras Clinic also three weeks ago. Most of the local doctors now also
have the vaccine available.

Marrell
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:12 pm

I received this information from Dr Sam Thelin
He has a supply of flu vaccine called "Fluzone" and it is made in the USA by Sanofi Pasteur
(not China as many are). It is not the basic triple version, but the quadrivalent that covers more types:
http://www.fluzone.com/health-care-professionals/fluzone-quadrivalent-vaccine.cfm

Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:24 pm

I suggest people do some research on these flu shots and not from the CDC or any government agencies.  Check other sources such as Natural News, etc.

These vaccines do more harm than good, are highly profitable for the phamaceutical companies.  They do a great sales job. The doctors make money on these as well and they get all their information from the drug companies, for sure a conflict of interest. Same with most drugs.
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:07 pm

Wholeheartedly agree, Fastfox!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:29 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Wholeheartedly agree, Fastfox!
Gosh! Nice to see (read) someone else besides me doesn't just automatically accept this from so called "medical care."
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:02 pm

I don't get flu shots, and I don't get the flu. Probably just jinxed myself. I wish there was documentation that I felt was 100% independent and honest but I haven't seen any yet. Not getting the shot works for me.

My best flu prevention is to stop hugging snowbirds when they first get here.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:14 pm

Now that made me smile Trailrunner. I hug 'em and the only case of "some respiratory problem" that I've had in the last 15 years was this past January. Five weeks of misery that started just after the New Year.
I also do not believe in flu shots. Keep your immune system healthy and let nature do what it's supposed to. I hope everyone knows that their GUT is the biggest part of that immune system.
My mum always made me go to anybody's house where there was some kind of illness... usually my cousin Billy's 'cuz he got everything.
I also am very aware of a huge outbreak of Narcolepsy with Cataplexy that has been traced back to a batch of flu vaccine in Europe.
Mother Nature is very smart if people would just stop messing with her. She wants you to cough it, sneeze it and poop it out... stop trying to interfere with the processes that have been put in place to keep you healthy.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:51 pm

Totally agree with Ferret. I have been researching health issues intensely this past year and I have learned that all disease starts in the gut. It really makes perfect sense. Also, there are many natural remedies and methods of prevention, none of which we are taught. That is really a shame. Of course, then how could big pharma continue its profits......
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:21 am

Meanwhile, on the other side of the question, there is this:

https://www.archives.gov/exhibits/influenza-epidemic/

There are infectious diseases that have nearly become eradicated as a result of immunization: polio and smallpox, but there are naysayers in that regard who refuse vaccinations for their children.

As a non-scientist with a permanent lung problem, I err or the side of caution and neither hug Canadians nor miss the annual flu shot. YMMV.

On most matters, I maintain that the less medical intervention, the better.  Too many people take pills but eat poorly, don't exercise or maintain a healthy weight.  Why? It's just easier.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:04 am

There are many reasons why people get sick. The causes of illness is what needs to addressed. The current medical system does not address root causes, only symptom management is addressed.

The fact of the matter is this: people need to have unbiased facts, then make their own decisions on how they want their health handled. As I mentioned earlier, I do a lot of reading and have learned not to use government sources, nor places liked the AMA, etc. as they fueled by information from drug companies. They think they are doing right because that is all they know. They are also stuck with regulations and must follow rules, that they themselves may not agree with.

Their are many ways to handle one's health, and the problem is, we have all been taught to only rely on the medical profession, who is hampered at this point. They are not healers addressing root causes (sorry, I am repeating a bit here).

Anti-biodics are a prime example. They are overused and were intended to life threatening illnesses. My point is people need to do some research from other sources, educate themselves, and take responsibility, ,and not think doctors are the sole and best source for advice. The things doctors doctors have said to me have been, at times, completely wrong and ridiculous.

And yes, people eat toxic food, don't exercise, etc., then they run to the nearest doctor for a prescription, which they don't realize does even more damage. It's all just bad habits. Easy, but a high price to pay.

I have, what I consider to be, some good resources I read and listen to on line. If anyone is interested in being pro-active and would like the links, let me know and I will post.
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:21 am

I receive "The People's Pharmacy" online, and it's had some real eye-openers in it lately. As someone pointed out in an article, teaching people health enhancing habits is not nearly as profitable as doing procedures, so naturally...the procedures are more popular among the medical profession.
Their article on statins was very informative, too.
As my husband's doc in the U.S. admitted: you can change your eating habits and lower your cholesterol, but "people won't do it".

BTW, that newsletter is free and comes to my email several times a week. They do try to sell their books, but I've got nothing against an honest profit.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:33 am

Well I would just as soon trust the opinion of someone who has attended 8 years of university, 2 years practicum and a couple more in practice versus something posted on the internet by some potential nutter. If I believed even half the crap being posted now I would only need to smoke half a joint and eat half a brownie every day to be immortal.

I'm amazed anyone even survived beyond 40 prior to the internet teaching everyone what to do....... Beer

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:40 am

I'm amazed that I survived past 40 too considering some of the idiots that I've been to that attended 8 years of university, 2 years practicum and a couple more in practice. I also worked in a medical lab for 15 years and had my eyes opened way too far in disbelief of observation. And that was all before the internet allowed personal research.
Do whatever works for you CBob. Some of us have found ways that work for us.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:46 am

Agreed. I just thought I would present the "other side of the coin".........

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:22 am

Research is not from some potential nutter. Since you don't know where the research comes from, it seems my comments have been pre-judged without total information. These people are experts in their fields, scientists, medical professionals who actually do their own research and don't wait for the drug companies and and government sources who also take money from them, to inform them.

Medical schools take money from drug companies, so of course, that's what they teach, how to prescribe those products. In any event, it is certainly your option to keep taking their advice. I am not here to change CanuckBob's mind. Just offering information that may be of help to those who want to know more about what's being injected.

Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:31 am

CanuckBob wrote:Agreed. I just thought I would present the "other side of the coin".........

I'm with Ferret on this, but I get your point, Bob. It's important to check the credentials of the people giving health advice on the internet. Some of that advice is so ill founded that it's coming from thin air. Might as well go to a tent revival.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:34 am

I am all for learning and will never stop researching until I croak. I've posted information in this medical section a number of times. I do it to make people aware of alternatives or simply to make them aware. They can take it and run with it or not.
Fastfox, please post your knowledge. I certainly am interested.

There's a thread on the other board asking about accommodation for a person's parents. He/she wants to bring them down and both parents have Parkinsons. I want to post about Bowen Therapy and its positive effects on Parkinsons. I want to post about Nicotine Patch therapy for Parkinsons. I want to post about cannabis oil therapy for Parkinsons.
But he/she didn't ask about that so I've not posted anything. Conundrum.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:04 pm

Googling is not “doing research.” It’s reading. No one reads anymore. They’re all “researching.” And, this “research” makes them so smart they find simple, obvious solutions to complex problems that dumb doctors and scientists NEVER EVEN THOUGHT OF. Modern medicine is a complete fraud. Just drink some lemon juice with cayenne pepper in it, shove some CBD oil up your butt and your stage four cancer will disappear. They know this because they DID THEIR RESEARCH.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:27 pm

Researching for yourself usually involves reading medical research papers put out by peer reviewed researchers.
If I find something ACCIDENTALLY that does something that was completely unexpected then that's my personal research. If I withdraw that something and the expected returns... and then start that something again and achieve the same originally unexpected result then I've proved it to myself. Especially if I do it a number of times over a period of six months. When I put that information out there and other people with the same problem also benefit, then that's my purpose.
Most scientific and medical discoveries are discovered by accident and were never even thought of. And you KNOW that. Many medical discoveries are only tested BECAUSE of enough accumulated anecdotal evidence.
But if sticking your head in the sand works for you then please keep on doing it.

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:39 pm

Did I say, “Ferret”? No. Did I even say “You”? No. If what I said does not apply to you because what I said is not what you do then don’t worry about it. You are not the “they” I was talking about. What you do is different. Clearly, the shoe does not fit so just kick it across the room and dance on.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next