INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New requirements for renewing 2018 car tag

+20
holdrja
RAS
martygraw
Ezzie
barbicheesecake
Intercasa
cypress
Rosa Venus
slainte39
Ocelot
Kiri
David
Zea
brigitte
ferret
CanuckBob
Trailrunner
mexbound
SunshineyDay
sm1mex
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New requirements for renewing 2018 car tag  - Page 2 Empty Re: New requirements for renewing 2018 car tag

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:08 pm

Slainte is exactly correct as far as (especially foreigners) who want to sell their house. I work in RE, and when a foreigner tells me they want to sell their property I ask:

Question #1: Do you have a resident visa? (Permanente or at least Temporal.)

Question #2: Do you have a CURP and an RFC#? You need them, and they need to be registered/reflected on your Telmex and/or CFE bill(s) depending upon potential tax liability upon sale.

It's all about ISR, "Impuestos Sobre la Renta", a punishing tax unless you qualify for exemption(s). (Yes, it's referred to as "Capital Gains Tax" by some...it's a misnomer.)

My take is Mexico is getting serious about collecting taxes, and it's not about foreigners. The mechanics of deliberate and serious tax collection from as many people as possible are getting placed into the Mexican Government system. (Remember when we had to get a CURP # just to have a cell phone? jajajaja!)

Maybe it's the recognition that the country can't rely so much on PEMEX going forward? I dunno, just speculating.

Whoa. Sorry. Back to renewing you car license plate...sorry!

Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New requirements for renewing 2018 car tag  - Page 2 Empty Re: New requirements for renewing 2018 car tag

Post by cypress Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:30 am

I've had a RFC number for years. I notice that my CFE bill has a different RFC number. I may have several more who knows as it seems different government places issue different ones.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:14 am

There is only one correct one, so check the SAT website and get it straightened out, as sometimes generic ones were used.

Also, in addition to what Rosa explained about real estate sales, is the fact, that if you want to use facturas from repairs and remodeling to reduce ISR, you must have valid facturas in the property owners name to be used for that purpose. That means a valid  RFC no. in the name of the property owner, important whether it is a sale or transfer to survivor.

People involved in legitimate businesses (rentals, restaurants, or any other "lucrativo"), reimbursements from insurance companies for medical expenses, and a host of other things, requires an RFC number.  Just about the only people who don't need one are 180 day tourists who never invest in property, vehicles, business ventures, obtain licenses, or anything that deals with the official Mexican bureaucracy.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:24 pm

My office can get people their RFCs as well as we can renew vehicle registration without any RFC or CURP in case someone bought and now doesnt have a visa, for vehicle renewals we charge 600 pesos total (you pay any fines).
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by barbicheesecake Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:57 pm

Hola, maybe I missed it.....but where do we apply for the new tag car registration? We have our RFC number and CURP number. Thanks in advance.
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:02 am

Actually we are charging 650 as the Red Cross fee we cant take off.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:42 pm

Renewed my car tags in Poncitlan today, no request for a CURP# or RFC# - in fact I was able to renew two additional vehicles on behalf of people that were not with me- one of which is still on a Visitor's permit (so therefore no capability of getting a CURP#).  Go figure.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:53 am

According to this weeks Guadalajara Reporter and Spencer you do not have to have CURP or RFC numbers to get your new tags.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:45 pm

We renewed ours as usual in Jocotepec, gave name lic. # and were in and out in less than 10 min.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New requirements for renewing 2018 car tag  - Page 2 Empty Laws debatable in Mexico Tags

Post by RAS Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:48 pm

Two weeks ago I took the GF to Ocotlan to replace a lost drivers license. I renewed my tags while I was there. $510 pesos, and hour in line, and a plate number written on a piece of paper, and I was out of there. I did have all the info as stated here, but there was not any questions asked.

RAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:59 pm

martygraw wrote:We renewed ours as usual in Jocotepec, gave name lic. # and were in and out in less than 10 min.

Where in Joco, Marty?  Anyone know if one must renew their placas in the same municipality they live in???
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:09 pm

Plates are a state thing. You can probably renew them anywhere in Jalsico??

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:24 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Plates are a state thing. You can probably renew them anywhere in Jalsico??

Yes, like you can at a bank or other various locations, but would they have the calcomania, tarjeta, and refrendo, that would probably be in the recaudadera of your municipio de domocilio.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:10 pm

I am in Barra right now and do need to renew my vehicle. I'll see if there is an office in Melaque and try to do it there.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by holdrja Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:00 am

I renewed our car registration in Chapala last week. The only thing you need is your previous car registration. Although they hand out a form asking for other information, I checked with the man handing out the form, and he said that all this information is not necessary for renewing your car registration. And I proved it empirically - I also renewed the registration for our worker's car, and the only info I had for that was his previous registration. No problem.

I did fill out my form with my RFC, address, email etc and I assume they are inputting that information into a central database.
holdrja
holdrja
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rdplakechapala.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:22 pm

If your time and sanity has a value, Spencer's deal is best.

He did 4 vehicle renewals for me and it was painless.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:51 pm

Trailrunner wrote:
martygraw wrote:We renewed ours as usual in Jocotepec, gave name lic. # and were in and out in less than 10 min.

Where in Joco, Marty?  Anyone know if one must renew their placas in the same municipality they live in???

At the Recaudaderaa on Mattamoras, I don't think it matters the muni.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:33 pm

Always wondered what that place was. Foreign plated cars had no need to know then. Thanks.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:18 am

My friend and I renewed recently, they gave me the paper and I put it in my purse. When I got to the desk I just gave them my registration and it was renewed. When I got home I threw the paper in the trash. The info they are asking for is not required.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:37 am

Yes, it would seem it is a voluntary thing at this point. Perhaps they are preparing for the day that an RFC is required to purchase or sell a vehicle?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:37 pm

One of our employees renewed registration on his vehicle and all of ours in Chapala -- no RFC required, just prior registration and $.
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:48 pm

I just renewed my two vehicles. No photo radar fines nor any fines for not having emission stickers. $536 per vehicle.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by motoman123 Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:31 pm

I went about 3 months ago to transfer plates ( Jalisco ) to my name from previous owner BMW motorcycle and I had to get a RFC #fyi

motoman123

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:39 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I just renewed my two vehicles. No photo radar fines nor any fines for not having emission stickers. $536 per vehicle.

Why not $510?.....February penalty price?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:36 pm

I guess so.......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:54 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I just renewed my two vehicles. No photo radar fines ...

Huh? Were their computers down? Very Happy
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next