INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya

+16
raqueteer
ferret
hound dog
ChickenLittle
hockables
bobnliz
kipissippi
Khof
albertrv
CheenaGringo
gringal
Chapalagringa
Hensley
lucky
CanuckBob
Lehrer
20 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya Empty South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya

Post by Lehrer Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:38 pm

I'm starting this thread because I seem to have highjacked "Looking for rental east of San Luis Soyatlan" under For Sale/Rent/Wanted.

We can discuss the South Side of the lake and advantages/disadvantages here.

Pictures will follow when available.
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya Empty Re: South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya

Post by CanuckBob Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:36 pm

Thanks for being considerate Mr. Lehrer. Mucho appreciado.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya Empty Re: South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya

Post by Lehrer Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:47 pm

De nada -- or as they say on the South Shore: "andele"!
flag waver
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:46 pm

lehrer, i laughed out loud when i read your post about the 'lady' that lived downstairs from you in tizapan.

many months ago, before you moved in, some friends and i went to see the place you wound up renting. we all agreed it was a great place, except for one little thing. one old little thing with a bad case of never shut up.

congrats on your new place in mismaloya!

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:43 pm

@ lucky --

Your post made ME laugh out loud!!! Can you believe my wife & I lasted a whole year with this? Our housekeeper told us that the previous tenant (whom the housekeeper describes as a very nice person -- "like you two" [my wife & me] -- was gone after only four months! Of course, said "old little thing" has described this other woman to us as nothing more than a slut.

Remarkable that she has been in Mexico 17 years and hasn't learned the language or made any attempt. She has no friends and badmouths EVERYBODY! I fully realize that when I'm gone she will make me out to be Satan's apprentice. But the townspeople of Tizapán know me (at least by sight) and always speak and we converse (me with my limited knowledge of Spanish).

(Just tonight, wife & I encountered a middle-aged woman wearing a T-shirt with "I'm Irish American" emblazoned upon it. I said to her: "No es verdad!" and she stopped to explain that some lady in the U.S. had sent it to her; even though she didn't know what it meant, she liked the T-shirt and liked to wear it. We had a good laugh.)

Our reason for leaving has not so much to do with "never shut up" but the ungrateful attitude she has. "Oh, it's so good to have a man around" -- because I've done repairs and lifting and whatever-the-hell else she wanted, all without pay. Once in a while she would present me with a bottle of cheap wine. Okay, thank you very much. Then one day, the proverbial feces hit the ventilator.

I've gone on much too long, but I could write a book.

Thanks for the laugh.
lol!
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:17 pm

I am curious as to who this person is, is she popular, or does she stay away from this area?
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:08 pm

Hensley wrote:I am curious as to who this person is, is she popular, or does she stay away from this area?

A voice from the background said, "her name is sally anne." South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya 633732 lol

Hensley, read his post.
Remarkable that she has been in Mexico 17 years and hasn't learned the language or made any attempt. She has no friends and badmouths EVERYBODY!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:42 am

She is still around?
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:19 am

But does she keep peacocks and a whole menagerie of other critters?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:38 am

Appears that two different women are being discussed? Sally Anne or Pamela Delafield (sp?)

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:44 am

I have no idea who the woman is..........just that Pamela D. had announced her intention of moving to the South Shore some time ago on Sparks old board and I just had an attack of idle curiosity. 😕

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:48 am

That's funny..... Enough said

albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.lagunachapala.com

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:54 am

Ok, back to Mismaloya.....
Do they have a Tiangius and if so what day is it on. How about Puruague?

albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:14 pm

Omigod! Do you folks REALLY think I would divulge this woman's name???

Please! I am too much the Southern gentleman to expose her on a public board. (PM me for more information, if you want.)
lol!

This much I will say: Neither of the women mentioned in this thread is "the one"! I learned of this rental on this very board a little more than a year ago, and it was billed as a "Palace" -- maybe you can do a search? It actually has been a palace, with these exceptions: The stairs are physically exhausting; the "landlady" is mentally exhausting.

I also learned that 7 days after my wife informed her that we were moving, she had posted on ToB (in response to another poster's query) that she had this lovely place that she would like to show. That was in spite of the fact that we had already paid for July and had a last-month deposit for August. Hell, she even sent my wife an e-mail that she wanted to show the place to a prospect on Wednesday or Thursday of this week!!!! With us still lawful tenants!!!!!!!! Character means NOTHING to some folks.
South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya 18717

Regarding Mismaloya's tianguis -- I can't say, because we haven't moved yet.
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:16 pm

i suppose it would not be prudent to give out her name, huh, lehrer? ahem.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:35 pm

lucky wrote:i suppose it would not be prudent to give out her name, huh, lehrer? ahem.

Shocked

No comment.....

cheers lol!
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya Empty Pics of Lehrers new place

Post by CanuckBob Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:17 pm

Mr. Lehrer has requested I post these pics:

South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya As_see10

South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya As_see11

South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya Bathro10

South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya Bathro11

South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya Bedroo10

South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya Bedroo11

South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya Dining10

South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya Entert10

South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya Kitche10

South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya Kitche11

South Shore -- Tizapán vs Mismaloya Kitche12

There are a few more which I'll post later.......

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:20 pm

is this what you're renting or where you're going? I don't see the old bitty. ;) Well, I hope that's not her in the kitchen!! Shocked
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:29 pm

wow, lehrer! what a great place!! what's the satellite TV and internet situation there? when i lived in san cristobal, the only way we could get internet was using a dongle from Telmex which cost a lot. but that's because we were in a 'dead zone' at the time.

again, congrats on the new place! it's beautiful...and huge! got a nice view?

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Khof Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:07 pm

Hi Lehrer, We had corresponded way back when you were moving into the Tizapan place.
So glad you've found a nice place in Mismaloya.
I hear there's a wonderful restaurant there along the highway.
Khof

Khof

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:54 pm

@ Bob - I owe you an apology, because I just tonight discovered after posting these pics to Facebook that they provide a link to the photo album, complete with my comments:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2198231565967.2124342.1552590909&l=f2df6e51a9&type=1

@ Chapalagringa - This is the home in Mismaloya where I have contracted to live, beginning September 1st. We're leaving Tizapán and the aforementioned bruja. The lady in the kitchen whom you mentioned is my wife, Maria. I didn't realize she was in the viewfinder when I snapped the pic.

@ lucky - We were concerned when we requested TelMex to provide Internet service (Infinitum) to the place, because they said they don't serve Mismaloya. There isn't enough demand. Well, we thought: We can make do with dial-up if need be. But we started checking around for satellite service, etc. This past Friday (August 5th) we visited Telcel to order an i-phone (or whatever) that would allow us to hook up the computer and access the Internet. In the middle of the sales presentation, I mentioned that TelMex didn't provide Internet service to Mismaloya, and that sweet young woman with whom we were speaking told us: If all you want is Internet, the i-phone is too expensive. We have a USB apparatus that will get Internet for you from satellite, and it covers all of Mexico. She gave us the cost, and we ordered it on the spot! It will take two weeks or so for delivery and they will set it up for us. Cross your fingers! (I spend 5 to 8 hours every day on the Internet!) [With regard to your question about the view, take a look at the pics!]

@ Khof - Maria & I have heard about the restaurant as well -- but we haven't yet tried it out. I'll keep you informed.

Beer
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:07 pm

lol!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:11 pm

Wow!!! That place stood vacant? It's gorgeous! Love the kitchen!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:30 pm

OMG, you have a bathtub!!! and, less importantly to me, a view!!!

well done!

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:46 pm

So what is this device to hook up to the internet via satellite and of course what did they quote you for monthly costs and the amount of downloadable data. I'm on hughesnet and always looking for something better. My biggest problem is the amount of data I can download per month. I would switch to the new 3G (EV-DO) signal from IUSACELL that is now in my area and expanding all along the southside but they only give me 10GB per month. I need at least double that or better yet unlimited.
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next