INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MEX airport restaurant warning

4 posters

Go down

MEX airport restaurant warning Empty MEX airport restaurant warning

Post by Canada_Mike Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:44 pm

Monday I returned from a brief business visit to Victoria, BC. My last flight left from MEX where I would change for a plane to GDL. I ended up waiting for two hours in the dreaded Sala M.I had comida in a sit down restaurant whose name on my bill says, Mexico Aerop ACO. Now, one can never be certain where one caught what, but I strongly believe my e coli and salmonella came from there.

When I told my doctor what I thought, he simply nodded, yes, the reputation there is terrible. My maid said the same thing. It's amazing what the locals know as a matter of course, that we do not.

Cheers,

Michael
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

MEX airport restaurant warning Empty Re: MEX airport restaurant warning

Post by brigitte Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:28 pm

Well it is a question of reputation but it also may not be true.. One Christmas in Paris my husband got very sick and we called the emergency doctor from the SAMU. The doctor asked him when he had eaten when he daid he had a burger at Whimpy on the Champs Elysees , the doctor said, no one in their right mond eat there.. he forgot to ask him if he had oyseters whic are the man culprit during the Christmas season there..You just never now.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:38 pm

You're right, of course. But, I had just come back from Victoria, BC, and the only other thing I ate was a Subway sandwich, so my money is on that restaurant. And, I could be wrong.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:30 pm

I can relate, I was food poisoned a couple of weeks ago too. Sucks. Sorry it happened to you. Esp traveling.

Speaking of restaurants . . .Just had some way too gooey sushi served by an obnoxious waitress at the new noisy dusty Japanese joint on the carretera in Ajijic. Ffftt And, they tried to accuse my companion of trying to pass a counterfeit 500 peso bill. Ffftt. 

I saw some other plates of food that looked fabulous, though! The sushi rice sucked.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:41 pm

yes it is difficult to say where food poisoning come from. One day I flew to Seattle, had oyesters at the fourseason , the next day I flew to New your and got sick as a dog. I blamed the oysters from the Four Seasons but the doctor told me that we have a tendency to blame the last thing we hate when e can get sick from food we ingested up to 3 days before, so it increses the list of suspects...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by la luna Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:05 am

brigitte wrote:yes it is difficult to say where food poisoning come from. One day I flew to Seattle, had oyesters at the fourseason , the next day I flew to New your and got sick as a dog. I blamed the oysters from the Four Seasons but the doctor told me that we have a tendency to blame the last thing we hate when e can get sick from food we ingested up to 3 days before, so it increses the list of suspects...
It might not be E-coli then. When I get sick from food, it shows up between 2 to 6 hours depending on the food and quantity. The most severe cases are from bad cheese, raw contaminated vegetables and oh! a cold soup (Vichyssoise) with cream of course. It happened so fast that I had to stop at a gas station within an hour. I can tell what hits me!

la luna

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:23 am

la luna wrote:
brigitte wrote:yes it is difficult to say where food poisoning come from. One day I flew to Seattle, had oyesters at the fourseason , the next day I flew to New your and got sick as a dog. I blamed the oysters from the Four Seasons but the doctor told me that we have a tendency to blame the last thing we hate when e can get sick from food we ingested up to 3 days before, so it increses the list of suspects...
It might not be E-coli then. When I get sick from food, it shows up between 2 to 6 hours depending on the food and quantity. The most severe cases are from bad cheese, raw contaminated vegetables and oh! a cold soup (Vichyssoise) with cream of course. It happened so fast that I had to stop at a gas station within an hour. I can tell what hits me!

La luna, that's food poisoning. I've had stool and blood tests, and I have salmonella and e coli. I am, fortunately, better now.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by la luna Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:31 pm

Food poisoning: The illness resulting from eating food or drinking water containing poisonous substances including bacteria, viruses, pesticides, or toxins. Symptoms generally begin within 2 to 6 hours and include abdominal cramping, diarrhea, fever, headache, nausea, vomiting, and weakness. The bacteria could be salmonella or e coli and any others.

la luna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down