INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing Report - El Llano, Ixtlahuacan

2 posters

Go down

Fishing Report - El Llano, Ixtlahuacan Empty Fishing Report - El Llano, Ixtlahuacan

Post by Cincy Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:09 pm

Just thought I'd throw a few pics in the Freshwater section since it's been dormant for a couple of months!

This is the lake at the side of the Chapala-Guadalajara highway, 23, at Ixtlahuacan.  For years I have wanted to fish this lake.  It's nearly always calm and since it appears to be a man-made lake there's some depth to it.  It seems very popular with the locals who often use canes and long sticks for fishing rods rather than the usual soda cans!  Anyway, after 3 hours this morning I had exactly 20 carp in the bag and as many tilapia.  The carp were different to the Lake Chapala carp being short and fat rather than long and thin.  7 of the carp were mirror carp (picture below) which are always a delight to catch so I released those immediately.  All the fish were small and all were released when I finished.  This is a really good lake for kids to fish - the access is good and the fish are really easy to catch - not sure if there's any large specimens or whether they are all stunted from overcrowding...

Fishing Report - El Llano, Ixtlahuacan 19077311

Fishing Report - El Llano, Ixtlahuacan 45fc4710

Fishing Report - El Llano, Ixtlahuacan Img_0711

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Fishing Report - El Llano, Ixtlahuacan Empty Re: Fishing Report - El Llano, Ixtlahuacan

Post by CanuckBob Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:08 pm

Nice. I didn't even know that water hole had a name. It used to pretty much dry up in the dry season so I guess they either dug it deeper or introduced a water supply. I did notice they rent canoes there now too. Looks like a great spot for the kids.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Fishing Report - El Llano, Ixtlahuacan Empty Re: Fishing Report - El Llano, Ixtlahuacan

Post by Cincy Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:15 pm

I took the name from google maps. El Llano means "the plain" in Spanish, I think, which is odd...!
The the lake level is down a couple of feet, like lake Chapala, but I plumbed about 7 feet near the dam within easy casting distance.

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cincy Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:23 pm

Looks like it's been almost a year to the day since I last fished Ixtlahuacan and I still can't pronounce it like the locals!

Bite every cast.  50/50 carp/tilapia but no size.  With plenty of easy to catch fish it's just a great fishing lake for kids.

Caught 18 hard fighting carp, most of which were "mirror carp" like the one shown.

Fishing Report - El Llano, Ixtlahuacan Img_1111

Fishing Report - El Llano, Ixtlahuacan Img_1112

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down