INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Country of the bad Wolves

2 posters

Go down

Country of the bad Wolves Empty Country of the bad Wolves

Post by CHILLIN Tue May 15, 2018 11:49 am

I have read three books now by this author, mostly about the criminal life in Mexico and bordertown Texas in the early 1920, although the latest one is about criminal life in the Florida Everglades. The Country of Bad Wolfes has a lot of information that I never knew before. Mostly how bloody and deadly the Mexican Revolution was and how tough these gangs of criminals were. It makes modern day cartel look like pussy cats. Under the Skin is another one by the authour, if you are sensitive to criminal violence, moonshining, and whoring don't read it. It is riddled whith some very funny jokes. It is like stepping into another world.

https://www.amazon.com/Country-Wolfes-James-Carlos-Blake/dp/1935955039
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Country of the bad Wolves Empty Re: Country of the bad Wolves

Post by slainte39 Tue May 15, 2018 10:46 pm

I love the photograph up in the old hacienda house in Chihuahua, Chih,.of Pancho Villa and Al Capone holding hands at the Juarez race track.
It is now a museo, but once the home of Villa with the bullet ridden auto that he was assassinated  in, sitting in the jardin plaza of the home.
A good book (I think) and movie about that era was "Last Man Standing" starring Bruce Willis.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Wed May 16, 2018 1:22 pm

Thanks for the tip Slainte. I enjoy the Jimmy Cagney type dialog, and wise acre remarks in Under the Skin. There are a lot of Spanish phrases too, I have never heard before. It would appeal to an Irish sense of humor, most definetely.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down