INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mexican driver's licence

Go down

Mexican driver's licence Empty Mexican driver's licence

Post by chuckp Sun May 20, 2018 8:30 pm

My Canadian driver's licence was about to expire so I needed a Mexican one.
My neighbour had told me about his do-it-yourself experience with Jalisco's travelling drivers' licence service which occasionally comes to Chapala.
His was a near day-long ordeal. It included a driving test. By rule, he didn't have to take it because he still had a valid licence from the U.S. I don't know why they made him take. Wait, maybe I do. He knocked over one of the red cones and the examiner told my neighbour it would take a $500 peso bribe. He paid and just like that, he passed.
I hired Luzma Grande of Ajijic Concierge Service.
She drove me to the Guad licence office and then got me to the head of four different lines. This is because I'm over 60. I didn't know that but she did. No driving test. She had prepped me for the simple written test (in English).
I was in and out in less than an hour with a Mexican licence, good for four years.
Her service was 5-star efficient and professional. Luzma is, of course, Mexican. But she has lived in England, Italy and Canada. Plenty of good conversation along the way.
She is at ajijicconcierge@gmail.com

chuckp

Back to top Go down