INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shooting in Vista Allegra

+14
oncesubtle
jinja
Rosa Venus
MexicoPete
Trailrunner
too young for ajijic
Intercasa
windrider17
slainte39
Rosalinda laughs
Carry Bean
DaveP
Kiri
CanuckBob
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Shooting in Vista Allegra - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting in Vista Allegra

Post by Carry Bean Thu May 31, 2018 3:47 pm

Too young for ajijic posted the whole article and Trailrunner is correct.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu May 31, 2018 5:14 pm

Trailrunner wrote:I'm sure Dale is on it and we'll see it tomorrow.

You know, the shooter may get off. If his weapon was legal here in MX and if he was legal to own it, it may be legal to shoot someone to protect yourself in your own home.

Well, the latest "chisme" is ( and that's what most of this is).....is
That the weapon was a sawed off shotgun, which would really be difficult to be legal, and that it has not been determined who had ownership, or brought it to the melee.  Also the MP is examining CCTV footage from the location as further evidence of what actually transpired.

It seems Lisa Jorgensen has become more of an issue than the actual event. scratch   I can't imagine someone selling gossip for 60 USD can be much of a factor in this whole affair. Most of the time gossip is free, so I guess just charge for it and you get noticed and publicity.
(my head is shaking in disbelief)

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu May 31, 2018 5:25 pm

Even more astonishing are the saps that pay her for her rag.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu May 31, 2018 7:40 pm

Ain’t that the truth but PT Barnum was correct.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu May 31, 2018 8:14 pm

http://semanariolaguna.com/36611/#prettyPhoto
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu May 31, 2018 9:13 pm

Finally.

Thanks for the link even if at this stage no new info.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu May 31, 2018 9:22 pm

New chisme:
"The guy that was shot, lived in Vista alegre with his mother and stepdad. He was shot due to situations with his dog, he was shot in the street and then draged into the house. THIS WAS MURDER."
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 31, 2018 9:28 pm

Probably best not to judge the situation based on "chisme". I was told Walter was released from custody this morning.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu May 31, 2018 9:33 pm

Definitely.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Shooting in Vista Allegra - Page 2 Empty to Canuck Bob and the rest

Post by jinja Thu May 31, 2018 9:39 pm

I am an American living in the Lake Chapala area for 8 years now. I just joined this forum today for one reason---to see what people might be saying about the referenced fatal shooting. This is directed mostly to Canuck Bob who opened the forum by making a statement suggesting that the Mexican victim broke into the shooter's house to rob him or settle a score. How quickly many expats jump to such a conclusion. I happen to know the victim and have met the shooter. The Mexican victim was a mentally disabled young man whose mother, a close friend since childhood of my husband's family, was able to own a very nice home in that very nice Vista Alegre development for many years. The victim was not some criminal lowlife as you seem to see most Mexicans. The victim had been in a motorcycle accident as a teenager, miraculously survived, and ever since, has had the mental and emotional capacity and innocence of about a ten year old boy. Obviously I was not witness to the incident, but I have to believe that the shooter, having been a neighbor of the victim for many years (at least 8) was well aware of his victim's mental capacity. As I understand from information that came from the mother of the victim, who was not at home at the time, the dispute concerned little toy poodle dogs. Who in this world pulls a gun out and shoots point blank at a person with the mental age of TEN over some little dogs barking? I met the (alleged!) shooter a few times when one of my sisters-in-law used to live in the same development, when we were both guests at gatherings at her home. Now I am reading on here that he previously assaulted some 65 year old guy and put him in the hospital, and that he said he used to be a bouncer. Our American expat in this case is not automatically the good guy in this story, and it is comments like yours, Canuck Bob, that make me hesitate to get involved with the expat community here. Lots of expats are no doubt just nice little retired folks trying to live the good life in a great climate where their dollars and euros go a lot farther than they do at home. And then there are others who are here for who knows what reason ... on the run, perhaps? Whatever, please check yourself before you wreck yourself. All Mexicans are not robbers. With assumptions like that, I have to wonder why anyone would choose to live here.

jinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu May 31, 2018 10:53 pm

Did you read the follow-up remarks or just the original post? Seems to me you’re the one too quick to jump to conclusions. I have heard a lot about the guy who shot the man but I’m not saying anything until more info comes out. I suggest that you too quit rushing to judgment from one post on a web board.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu May 31, 2018 11:31 pm

Even in the US, if you have a physical altercation, bar room brawl, receive physical spousal assault, or other, and you go get a firearm and shoot and kill that person, you are still looking at some kind of murder charge.....manslaughter at least.
Don't know how the Fiscalia determines what the law allows exactly here, but it can't be pretty for the shooter, unless the victim was the one that brought the weapon.
How threatened the shooter was should determine his culpability.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Thu May 31, 2018 11:49 pm

jinja, I am sorry you misunderstood Canuck Bob's first post. He read something on a Facebook crime sheet, briefly summarized what he had read and asked if someone knew more than what was shown on the Facebook. We all went back on forth on what was written by Lisa Jorgenson in her publication. I think we all know that what has been published so far leaves very much out and that we really won't know what happened until an official report will be made.

I think we are all very sorry about what ever happened, and are sad that there has been apparently so much untrue information showing up in different places. I wish all the best during these very difficult times. I, for one, am sorry someone was shot. To me it didn't matter what country he came from and fact I had forgotten until you mentioned it, jinja.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jinja Thu May 31, 2018 11:59 pm

Carry Bean, I did read all the follow up remarks and I did note the Canuck Bob himself stated that we should not rush to judge based on chisme. Point for that. I also noted how the conversation turned into a bashing of a local busybody and "entrepreneur", but as I stated, my post was a reaction to the first statement that started this string, an attitude that may be held by more than a few expats to assume the Mexican is the bad guy. That and the type of know-it-all, make-a-quick-buck peddling-BS-in-a-foreign-country as your maligned "journalist" friend, are a couple of examples of why I hesitate to mingle with the expat community here. The HOA president who assaults elderly neighbors and murders a mentally disabled neighbor over an apparent challenge to his authority to quiet some toy poodles, is another expat that only makes Mexicans and the rest of the world hate us. I just ask that we all check ourselves and our biases about who wears the whitest hat.

jinja

Back to top Go down

Post by jinja Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:03 am

Mexico Pete, Okay, point taken, Canuck Bob is off the hook. The person who wrote the Facebook post is the one who should be taken to task for assuming it is the Mexican who is the bad guy.

jinja

Back to top Go down

Post by jinja Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:08 am

slainte39 you are assuming that there will be actual justice. The family is afraid the shooter will be able to buy his way out of this mess. I would like to see the expat community come together on this and insist on justice for the dead man.

jinja

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:09 am

Actually the facts of the results of the shooting, and to some degree, the motive, and the participants involved has all been pretty much the same from all reports. (the good ones and the bad ones), time, location, etc.
The only real question is, how culpable was the shooter, as is it a chargeable homicide, justifiable homicide, or accidental.
I've seen reporting that has had far more deviation than the facts of this particular incident, excluding the original Facebook post of this being a home invasion or armed robbery.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:21 am

jinja wrote:slainte39 you are assuming that there will be actual justice.

Yes, that is where I'm going to start......at the beginning.  Then if there isn't justice, you can go to plan B.
Notice I said justice, not preconceived determination.  Everyone must get their "day in court" and the justice system is far from perfect here, and a lots of other places on this planet.

BTW... I am a Mexican of Irish ancestry and not an ex-pat; with a large family that has been four generations in this country.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:58 am

jinja wrote:Mexico Pete, Okay, point taken, Canuck Bob is off the hook. The person who wrote the Facebook post is the one who should be taken to task for assuming it is the Mexican who is the bad guy.

Congratulations CBob, you're off the hook! Now if jinja can just get Slainte straightened out it will be o.k.  Rolling Eyes
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:44 am

jinja--if you don't want to mingle with people with prejudices of every type and color, you better stay where you are and mingle the prejudices there.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:05 am

Jinja, who claims to have lived here for 8 years and avoids other expats doesn't hesitate to voice a large quantity of assumptions about them, lumping them into the categories of either "nice little retired folks"here to save a buck, or here for dubious reasons;  possibly on the run.

He just joined this board to find out more about the incident when no one here has claimed to be a witness to the event.

The mind boggles....!!!
scratch

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:21 am

Ninja is one of a type of expat I avoid.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:59 am

oncesubtle wrote:
jinja wrote:Mexico Pete, Okay, point taken, Canuck Bob is off the hook. The person who wrote the Facebook post is the one who should be taken to task for assuming it is the Mexican who is the bad guy.

Congratulations CBob, you're off the hook! Now if jinja can just get Slainte straightened out it will be o.k.  Rolling Eyes

Good idea.......wrong delegate.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:04 am

Welcome to Insidelakeside Jinja (if only to read about this event) and thanks for letting me "off the hook" . We are happy to provide a place for you to relay your version of this tragic event. Personally I'm going to wait for a credible, unbiased news source before making judgement. Hopefully there is one out there.....

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:07 am

CanuckBob wrote:

Welcome to Insidelakeside Jinja (if only to read about this event) and thanks for letting me "off the hook" . We are happy to provide a place for you to relay your version of this tragic event. Personally I'm going to wait for a credible, unbiased news source before making judgement. Hopefully there is one out there.....

HEAR! HEAR!!!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:11 am

Right or wrong, the MP version will be the one that counts legally.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next