INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recovering personal items from the home of a deceased family member.

3 posters

Go down

Recovering personal items from the home of a deceased family member. Empty Recovering personal items from the home of a deceased family member.

Post by MrsH Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:35 pm

Is there someone who could PM me the name & contact info for the English speaking attorney whose office is near LCS in Ajijic? I am needing someone to help me recover PERSONAL ITEMS from a home in Ajijic where the person to whom they were entrusted has died -- now the 'present owner' of the house refuses to return these personal items which were promised to family members. My PMs are open if you want more details -- I am worried that this person is planning to dispose of these personal items (such as a diamond set wedding ring & various other mementos) so I'd appreciate any suggestions you can give me.

I was in Ajijic recently to collect these items but she refused access to the house, agreed to deliver the items then 'changed her mind' and told me to get a lawyer. Unfortunately I was leaving Mexico to go home the next day so I was unable to do this.

Any ideas anyone?
MrsH
MrsH

Humor : Dy, slightly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Recovering personal items from the home of a deceased family member. Empty Re: Recovering personal items from the home of a deceased family member.

Post by Trailrunner Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:46 pm

Is there a will? Is any of this in writing?

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Recovering personal items from the home of a deceased family member. Empty Re: Recovering personal items from the home of a deceased family member.

Post by MrsH Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:53 pm

There was a will, but he knew he was dying so apparently he 'gifted' everything to her -- so essentially he owned nothing when he died.

He told me that she would give personal items to the family because she was a 'nice person' but ... there's no fool like an old fool, as they say.

I spoke to her in person and she was rather rude but said if I gave her a list of what I wanted she would 'put it in a box' and deliver it -- but then she let the time run out when she knew I was leaving Mexico and told a 3 rd party that I should get a lawyer.

Obviously, it's one of those DYING GRINGO WITH A HOUSE AND MONEY MIRACULOUSLY MEETS YOUNGER WOMAN WHO FALLS MADLY IN LOVE WITH HIM AND MAKES HIM SO HAPPY that he wants to just 'give her' and she is quite happy to TAKE ALL SHE CAN.

So, my kids want some items from the house, I want some of my personal items -

She has also got access to his passport/SS card/ various other ID documents, which is also an issue that concerns me.

There is $$$ missing from foreign accounts which she has access to from his computer & files.

MrsH
MrsH

Humor : Dy, slightly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:07 pm

Less than 1/2 block away from LCS....

Azucena Bateman Campos
Attorney at Law
16 de septiembre  #11
Ajijic, Jal.
tel 376-766-1654
legalabc AT yahoo.com.mx

Speaks perfect English.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down