INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti Plastic Law passed. Everybody Help.

+3
Trailrunner
Carry Bean
sm1mex
7 posters

Go down

Anti Plastic Law passed.  Everybody Help. Empty Anti Plastic Law passed. Everybody Help.

Post by sm1mex Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:44 pm

There are so many plastic grocery bags and Styrofoam take out boxes that are not biodegradable.  Please do your part and use a washable, cloth tote bag for your groceries (they sell them at WalMart,) and also take with you a to-go Tupperware type container when you eat out and expect to take left overs home with you.  We have been using the tote bags for years for groceries and now started to take our own to go containers for restaurant take out.  One restaurant gave everyone who had their own take out container free dessert. !  Please help decrease plastic.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Anti Plastic Law passed.  Everybody Help. Empty Re: Anti Plastic Law passed. Everybody Help.

Post by Carry Bean Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:57 pm

I already have stainless steel popotes.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Anti Plastic Law passed.  Everybody Help. Empty Re: Anti Plastic Law passed. Everybody Help.

Post by sm1mex Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:21 pm

Good for Carry Bean !! They will last forever.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:24 pm

Yep! I'm doin' it too. Not that hard once you get into it all.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:25 pm

Carry Bean wrote:I already have stainless steel popotes.

I feel for you. They must be hard to pass.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:55 pm

lol!

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:07 pm

Good news.  We went to Adelita's today and they have changed to paper take out containers.  also we saw more people with their own Tupperware type containers.  I was also told the Brew House has changed to paper take out containers.  Complying with the anti plastic law.

It is a start to educate about the harmful plastics that usually ends up in the lakes or oceans, deadly to marine life.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:14 pm

The Tupperware type of container doesn't LEAK! That's a bonus I hadn't thought about. So many things that we don't think about when, in fact, we should.

It's going to be a bit sticky until we find solutions for all the things we used plastic bags for, but we'll survive. Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:10 pm

I am nearly 100% compliant.

Mesh bags for produce and stuff, with a locking drawstring, are available at Mi Rancho Cremeria in Chapala. Several sizes. And the healthy food store at Centro Laguna has ordered biodegradable garbage can bags for me - and they can for you too. They had 3 sizes and sell by the kilo. Med size was 79 pesos/kg.

Restaueants Luna Cacao and Machimá have been using paper to-go containers for awhile already.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by desafinada Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:32 pm

OK all you dog owners/walkers - what are your options if we all loose the plastic bags?

desafinada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:39 pm

There are rolls of bio poop baggies, think I saw them at the cat shelter.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicksco Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:44 pm

Amador at the Smoke House has always use paper to take home ribs and brisket!!!
Nicksco
Nicksco

Humor : good

http://nicksco1@msn.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down