INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potential Move to Lake Chapala Area but Working Remote Online

5 posters

Go down

Potential Move to Lake Chapala Area but Working Remote Online Empty Potential Move to Lake Chapala Area but Working Remote Online

Post by Mitch210 Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:19 pm

Currently living in San Diego, but thinking about a relo to this area and would be working remote online.  I understand Fiber is being installed and looking for feedback from anyone who is working online requiring decent uploads and downloads along with phone for web meetings and presentations.  Thanks for your help and feedback...much appreciated...  

Mitch210

Back to top Go down

Potential Move to Lake Chapala Area but Working Remote Online Empty Re: Potential Move to Lake Chapala Area but Working Remote Online

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:28 am

What are your minimum requirements for UL and DL speeds?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Potential Move to Lake Chapala Area but Working Remote Online Empty Re: Potential Move to Lake Chapala Area but Working Remote Online

Post by REC Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:07 pm

I've been working remotely for 10 years. Not always perfect but it has been workable. I've signed up for the new fiber optic option from Ilox. It seems like it will be a huge improvement. But I have doing fine with what has been available so far. If you have any specific requirements or questions let me know.

REC

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:51 pm

My caviar is that there are more downtime for Internet in Mexico, so take that into consideration.

Of course, if you have a time critical project, you can always go to an Internet Cafe as needed until your connection is back up and running.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:56 pm

My caviar is for my crackers. An internet café would only work if it has a different ISP than what you have. Your best bet is to open a "hotspot" on your cell phone and use your data.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by REC Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:10 pm

I've been working online from Ajijic for more than 10 years. My own business. I have three employees in Texas and have 6 Fortune 500 clients plus smaller ones. I have Telmex and Telecable and have signed up for ILOX. I will get rid of Telecable when ILOX is up and running. I can also tether from my cellphone.

I have had to go to an internet cafe twice when we lost electricity - not because all of my connection options were down at the same time. It isn't always perfect but I have been successfully making it work for many years.

REC

Back to top Go down

Post by TooMuchCoffee Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:14 pm

If you need a continuous upload link, like for video conferencing, you will have considerable problems with an ADSL connection from Telmex. Too many dropouts. A Telcel connection either through a tethered phone or a broadband 4G LTE modem will work better provided you have a good cell phone signal where you plan to live.

A fiber optic connection is your best bet, but the lines do not run everywhere.

TooMuchCoffee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down