INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This . . .

+6
slainte39
gringal
Plan B
SunshineyDay
Carry Bean
Trailrunner
10 posters

Go down

This . . . Empty This . . .

Post by Trailrunner Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:44 pm

. . . happened to me yesterday around 3 pm.

While waiting at the light at WM intersection, southbound direction of Libramiento, second in line waiting to turn left. All of a sudden a big old brownish GMC van appeared full speed coming up on my right in the southbound right hand lane of the Libramiento. Hit the car in front of me, deflected off, didn't hit me, barreled up wrong way, pedal to the metal, zig-zagging in and out of lanes hitting cars like bowling pins, all the way up the hill and out of sight. Driven by a Mexican man in his 50s looking very very angry.

No cops following him, he didn't start his rampage at the intersection, he was going too fast by the time he reached us. Not a Transito in sight. We all just shrugged at each other and drove on.

Why do we have zero visible patrolling traffic or law enforcement?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

This . . . Empty Re: This . . .

Post by Carry Bean Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:35 pm

I’ve wondered the same thing. I don’t even know what the purpose of having a police force is since they don’t seem to do anything other than extort money in various situations. You would think the least they could do is be visible.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:40 pm

Do we even have a police force??

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:10 pm

Only in theory!

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:52 pm

SunshineyDay wrote:Only in theory!

Like the theory that Aliens and UFOs exist?
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:13 am

It seems the only time we see police is AFTER an accident.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:43 am

gringal wrote:It seems the only time we see police is AFTER an accident.

Yes, and wonder why...
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:00 am

Maybe it´s because somebody calls them Rolling Eyes
They do have telephone numbers and they´re on my Iphone

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:11 am

It would be so much better if they were into preventing accidents rather than sorting out the detritus after the fact.
I see enough daily abuses of driving to fill the coffers to overflowing if only the police were paying attention. Their loss.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:34 am

Mexico has always been the land of reaction, not proaction, and will probably continue on that way. Not a trendsetter.
It´s part of the culture, from big issues down to little ones, like traffic problems.
When you´re born here, or come here, you have to ride that horse, as it´s the only one.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:53 am

Yes it is part of the culture, people do not plan ahead and only react, it is really fascinating..I have been telling a couple of friends to register with Seguro Popular in case they get sick,, they are telling me mañana, mañana because they are fine --two weeks ago one of their kids fell from a moto taxi and had to go to the hospital with a skull fracture. They had to pay and wait a whole day for an ambulance.. they are indigenous so they were entered in the system but they could have gotten in the hospital way faster if they had been registered.. Two weeks later they are still in the hospital and I am getting an education on the system in Chiapas,, really dismal and not for the faint of heart..
Many people do not do anything unless they have to..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:41 pm

When I am stuck at that light coming down from the Libriamento I always keep an eye in my rear view mirror because of the number of accidents that happened mainly caused by failed brakes. You may recall that water truck that plowed thru several cars before ending up in the WM parking lot. Also about a year ago I was waiting at that traffic light but coming from Ajijic and wanting to turn on to the libriamento. I suddenly saw a straight truck coming down the hill loaded with cement bags and my reaction was "he is coming to fast to make the turn" well sure he made the turn and wiped out at least 2 cars in front of me. I made a quick escape toward auto zone. When the dust settled, I noticed the driver getting out of the cab and walking away. From memory their was several people injured. Another dangerous traffic light is the one at the bottom of the hill in Chapala pretty much across from Sorianos. On many occasions I watch these 18 wheelers loaded with sand or gravel coming down that hill, its not going to be a pretty site the day one of those well maintained trucks lose their brakes....

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:42 pm

I do the same thing at that light. I leave enough space in front of me in case one of those trucks looks like they can’t stop. Dra. Berenice was one of those pushed into the Walmart lot. She’s lucky she’s alive.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:23 pm

That is one of the very dangerous spot and if you are a line of traffic you have nowhere to go IYes Dra Berenice was really lucky.
Same deal at some of the casetas.. We got rear ended in one caseta and we were pucky the truck was going slowly but still a truck full of bricks is heavy.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiness Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:07 am

Oh Yes, no police presence for anything that matters! Got shaken down two days ago by a traffic cop. Threatened to impound my van - demanded 5,000 pesos!!

Guiness
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:13 am

Does your van have foreign plates?

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:27 am

did you commit an infraction or was it one of the made up charges? If you committed an infraction have him write the ticket , if not call the Municipal police and report the guy was trying to extort money,

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:43 am

And we're all your papers in order?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:47 am

ferret wrote:It would be so much better if they were into preventing accidents rather than sorting out the detritus after the fact.
I see enough daily abuses of driving to fill the coffers to overflowing if only the police were paying attention. Their loss.

Actually everyone's loss...safety and revenue.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:14 am

I encountered el Gordo a couple of times and I have to say that both times I had done something wrong.. The first time, he said I had turn left at Walmart when the light was orange.. well it turned orange as I was turning so that was pushing it but then I had color copies of my papers and he accused me of having fraudulent papers and so on.. The second time he said that I had turned left in La FLoresta at the Camino real and revolution when I was not supposed to , told him off and told and asked him to see the arrow showing I was wrong and he let me go.. He kept hinting that it could be a very expensive ticket and I kept telling him to write th ticket and he gave up. The problem with the guy is that if you show any fear he will walk all over you.. He is a eal bully who loved being a bully..The best thing is to have all the papers in order and not back down..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum