INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maid paid to ride to work

+4
solajijic
Carry Bean
CanuckBob
Mrs. Rupert
8 posters

Go down

Maid paid to ride to work Empty Maid paid to ride to work

Post by Mrs. Rupert Mon May 20, 2019 2:47 pm

I have been told by my housekeeper/maid that I am required to pay her while she is riding the bus to my house.  I do pay her bus fare, but am not comfortable paying for her bus ride to my house as part of hourly work- basically, she works in this house for 4-4.5 hours depending on the length of time the bus ride takes, and I pay her for 5 hours plus bus fare.

Thanks for any verification.

Last edited by Mrs. Rupert on Mon May 20, 2019 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong info)

Mrs. Rupert
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Maid paid to ride to work Empty Re: Maid paid to ride to work

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 20, 2019 2:53 pm

I certainly would not. Tell her you will find a maid that lives closer.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Rupert Mon May 20, 2019 3:01 pm

Thank you CB- she made it sound like a labor law. I never did before, and I will not again!

Mrs. Rupert
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon May 20, 2019 5:03 pm

I think I’d be cutting back hours. I don’t like the attempt at being scammed.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Thu May 23, 2019 11:22 am

So she works 4 to 4 1/2 hours and you pay her for 5 and you pay her bus fare. You are already paying her travel time in that 1/2 to full hour of 5 hour pay against actual work time.

I am with Carry Bean. I would phase her out. I don't do that type of thing lightly but it indicates to me that someone is whispering in her ear about her working for me. What else will they talk with her about?

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by sampati Fri May 24, 2019 4:20 am

After having a maid for a couple of years when I lived in Ajijic, I terminated her and went with Spring Green. It got to the point with the maid I had that she would bring her young daughter with her which made us feel bad because the daughter always wanted money. I fed the maid dinner, which I was told was required, then the maid started ordering her meals for both herself and her daughter. Every time she came to the house we heard the story of the drunken husband/father and the abuse on the kids and how he spent all of the money she made. Then she needed a ride to our home and back on cleaning day, then she also wanted us to pick up her other daughter and her grandchildren when she was finished at our house so we could take them to her home. She lived in terrible housing with a dirt floor on a very very steep dirt road. On holidays she suggested we give her extra money for food for her family. It got so bad that it cost so much to have her clean the house that it was not worth it. At that point we went with Spring Green and it was the best decision we ever made. I am sure most of the maids are not like the one we had but I learned that you have to be really careful with hiring a maid as they have a strong labor union and will think nothing of lying if they don't like their employment situation with you. We had her for 3 years before it got so bad we had to terminate her employment. We were very careful to go to a lawyer to get correct termination papers and pay the correct severance pay, which was a lot of pesos. Yes, we were gullible gringos who felt sorry for the plight of our maid and her family situation and I admit what happened to us was our fault. I just pass this on to all of you because you have Spring Green there that offers maid service without any problems for you regarding maid service. Just FYI.
sampati
sampati
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri May 24, 2019 8:11 am

Spring Clean, si?

Last edited by gringal on Fri May 24, 2019 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri May 24, 2019 8:30 am

I’m very lucky to have the lady who works for me now. She also works for a few friends. Had a few who were thieves, one who stole my jewelry that I had to buy back from pawn shops from Chapala to San Juan Cosala. This making up “laws” and constant sob stories don’t cut it with me. However, it would get too expensive for me to use Spring Clean since I have 4 dogs and twice monthly cleaning wouldn’t work. I have used them for deep cleaning occasionally and they do a great job.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri May 24, 2019 8:50 am

sampati sounds like you had a scammer.. should have gotten rid off her rightaway. IWe have had the same woman or 18 years and no such problems with her.. When you get a bad one you have to let them go rightaway.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 24, 2019 9:27 am

Carry Bean wrote:I’m very lucky to have the lady who works for me now.  She also works for a few friends.  Had a few who were thieves, one who stole my jewelry that I had to buy back from pawn shops from Chapala to San Juan Cosala.  This making up “laws” and constant sob stories don’t cut it with me.  However, it would get too expensive for me to use Spring Clean since I have 4 dogs and twice monthly cleaning wouldn’t work.  I have used them for deep cleaning occasionally and they do a great job.

I'm currently paying my maid more per hour than I understand what Spring Cleaning charges. It would make sense for me to make changes if my help want more. I have a feeling they will never mention a thing.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri May 24, 2019 10:13 am

There is a a newer business, not Spring Clean, that calls itself "Spring Cleaning", started by the guy who used to handle rental management at Roma.  I have nothing to say about it one way or the other except that using the name of a well known business with a slight alteration seems a bit sleazy. Thumbs down

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri May 24, 2019 10:45 am

how much does spring clean charge per hour?

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri May 24, 2019 11:18 am

brigitte wrote:how much does spring clean charge per hour?

"It depends" You can call the Jefa, Letitia, at the office: 765-2953 or on her cell: 331-042-8449 to ask.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri May 24, 2019 1:39 pm

I am not interested in using them , I was just curious how much they charge and how much they pay their employees because they have to go through the same rules.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 24, 2019 1:43 pm

I've heard in one situation people were paying about $75 MXN per manhour for Spring clean. With vacation pay and bonuses I am paying my maid about $100 MXN per manhour so I'll be making the switch real fast if I have to pay more.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri May 24, 2019 3:05 pm

I used them once about a year ago, 4 hours, their supplies, pick up and dropped off, 350 pesos. The woman was nice and kept a steady pace. My maid does a much better job though. Leticia and her husband are hard working and very accommodating. I love how they clean my couch!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri May 24, 2019 3:32 pm

Mine does a great job but just doesn’t get to the heavy duty deep clean in the few hours she has weekly. I might just get her to come once or twice more a month if she has a free day.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down