INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restaurants With Approval To Operate as of 18 June 2020

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Restaurants With Approval To Operate as of 18 June 2020 - Page 2 Empty Re: Restaurants With Approval To Operate as of 18 June 2020

Post by cypress on Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:58 am

slainte39 wrote:
cypress wrote:

Piedra Barrenada like San Juan Cosala is in the municipio  of Jocotepec but in reality are considered (locally-walking distance?) part of San Juan Cosala.

In whose reality, not mine?  Those restaurants along the water front next to the Carretera have always been considered in Piedra Barrenada and I have been connected to SJC for years in business.  30, 40 years ago, they were the most "rustic" eating establishments you could find in Mexico.  lol!

Reality of Mexicans and settled gringos. They are within walking distance of SJC. Back to the OP. It is a shame that many restaurants in the western part of Lakeside aren't consider open-even though they are and they some of the premier restaurants around the lake. I am hoping Facebook will fix that.
Remember that it was the rocky outcrop, Piedra Barrenada, that protected San Juan Cosala from invasion from the west so that SJC could go on to become one of the first communities on the lake.

Last edited by cypress on Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:24 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : more information)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Restaurants With Approval To Operate as of 18 June 2020 - Page 2 Empty Re: Restaurants With Approval To Operate as of 18 June 2020

Post by slainte39 on Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:17 pm

It is not a reality for this Mexican, but I´ll let it be. My consuegros family has been ïn business in SJC for a 100 years and they have never referred to the row of restaurants in Piedra Barrenada as SJC.

But I am wondering how Piedra Barrenada protected SJC "from invasion from the west" when it is several kilometers east of SJC.  lol!
And no, I don´t remember it, I´m old but not that old.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress on Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:21 am

Local history books say the rocky bluff at Piedra Barrenada protected the people of SJC from invaders from the east. I guess the rocky bluff slowed down the advance of warriors from the east. Arileo restaurants and the restaurants at Piedra Barrenda and the Balnerios give their address as San Juan Cosala
(an aside barrenada means drilled rock. They had to drill the rock to put in explosives to knock the bluff back so that there would be easier passage.)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus on Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:13 pm

Meraki Bistro on Ocampo in Ajijic has reopened! Not sure if the schedule on their FB page is accurate so you may want to call. 33 1079 5554.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum