INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travel Warning to Florida

5 posters

Go down

Travel Warning to Florida Empty Travel Warning to Florida

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:36 pm

http://www.voyage.gc.ca/countries_pays/report_rapport-eng.asp?id=308000

Criminal occurrences are frequent in many U.S. cities, and tourists may be targeted. Canadians should exercise normal security precautions.

The hurricane season extends from June 1 to November 30. For more information, please see our Global Issue on the hurricane season.

OFFICIAL REGISTRATION RECOMMENDATION: We offer a registration service for all Canadians travelling or living abroad. This service is provided so that we can contact and assist you in an emergency abroad, such as a natural disaster or civil unrest, or inform you of a family emergency at home. Registration can be done on-line or by contacting a Canadian government office abroad. For more information, see our FAQs on Registration of Canadians Abroad.

3. SAFETY AND SECURITY

The decision to travel is the sole responsibility of the traveller. The traveller is also responsible for his or her own personal safety. The purpose of this Travel Report is to provide Canadians with up-to-date information to enable them to make well-informed decisions.

Street crime can spill over into commercial, hotel, and entertainment areas. Riots, though rare, occasionally occur; these are usually confined to the poorer districts of major cities, but the violence can spread to central commercial and hotel areas. Full cooperation is recommended when stopped by police.

Violent crime remains a serious concern in Florida. Criminals have demonstrated that they will use violence with little or no provocation. Many attacks have occurred in the Miami area, and others have taken place on rural roads and at interstate highway rest areas. Some rest areas have dusk-to-dawn security on site (which is indicated on the highway sign). Proceed cautiously when exiting a freeway (including Interstate 95) into large urban centres, especially after dusk. Theft has increased, particularly from trunks of parked cars in the North Miami Beach area, South Beach and at airports. Be alert, as criminals use a variety of techniques to steal personal belongings.

Passport theft is on the rise in the United States. Travellers should ensure that their travel documents are secure at all times.

Hurricanes I can understand but the rest is surreal? I've never even been to Florida!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Travel Warning to Florida Empty Re: Travel Warning to Florida

Post by simpsca Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:42 am

That's news to me also about Florida. I have friends and a cousin who live there and haven't heard this news about violence. I was there once - at one and it was very hot and humid. I've met Floridians who moved here to get away from the humidity.

Then there was the new blurb a month ago about demonstrations and violence in England, particularly London. I emailed my friends south of London to see what was going on. They said they didn't know - press said people were rioting about not getting respect from police - while their demonstration was destroying property. Seems to have calmed down there now.

I know we have our problems here but I can think of any place safer that I would want to move to.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:40 pm

Wow the riots in London were huge news NOB several weeks ago. I can't believe anyone living there would not know anything about it unless they lived in a crypt. These riots went on every night for several days. Millions in property damage/theft and I believe a few deaths. There were thousands of arrests and charges.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:48 pm

How many people that live at the Lake do you suppose still don't know about the Chapala shootout?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:52 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Wow the riots in London were huge news NOB several weeks ago. I can't believe anyone living there would not know anything about it unless they lived in a crypt. These riots went on every night for several days. Millions in property damage/theft and I believe a few deaths. There were thousands of arrests and charges.

No it's the Florida violence my friends in Florida have not mentioned, not London.

Friends in England knew there was rioting, but not WHY people were rioting. They were far enough away from the violence so they didn't get hurt. Think I'll email them again just to be sure.

Last edited by simpsca on Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:56 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:How many people that live at the Lake do you suppose still don't know about the Chapala shootout?

Four (joke), Sounds like the fall of “Rome” No?

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:02 pm

It's not just the fall of Rome - seems to be happening all over the world. Riots in Greece. EU in financial trouble. Canadians warned about violence in Florida. Canada seems stable, but it's too durned cold up there!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:19 pm

...........and too durned expensive with too many rules and regulations.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:34 pm

simpsca wrote:It's not just the fall of Rome - seems to be happening all over the world. Riots in Greece. EU in financial trouble. Canadians warned about violence in Florida. Canada seems stable, but it's too durned cold up there!

Re: Travel Warning to Florida
by CanuckBob Today at 5:19 pm

............and too durned expensive with too many rules and regulations.

Yeah, I like Mexcio Too! Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down