INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for affordable 1-2 month housing in Ajijic, or a petsitting opportunity between Aug-Oct 2021

2 posters

Go down

Looking for affordable 1-2 month housing in Ajijic, or a petsitting opportunity between Aug-Oct 2021 Empty Looking for affordable 1-2 month housing in Ajijic, or a petsitting opportunity between Aug-Oct 2021

Post by lucha Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:01 pm

Hello! First timer poster here. I spent 3 months in the Lake Chapala area in 2017, dogsitting and housesitting thanks to Alex who created the wonderful HouseSit Mexico website! It seems that there are not many new postings for the Lake Chapala area this year, I imagine because people are not traveling so much.

I'm a 35 year old former digital nomad who is back living in my home state of California. I still work online and am interested in fleeing the fire season here in California, for all or part(s) of mid-August to mid-October 2021.

I'm looking for either a pet or housesit for all or part of that time (with car included if not in walking distance to Ajijic), or short-term housing to rent.

For renting, I'm seeking either a less-than-or-equal-to-$500 place for myself in central Ajijic, or a bigger place outside of Ajijic for ~$500-1000 and I could rent a car while I'm there. :) I remember how helpful a car was when we were housesitting anywhere outside of central Ajijic.

It might just be for me alone, but I've also got a boyfriend, sister and another friend potentially interested in joining me on this escape, in which case i'd want a 2+ bedroom or a place with 2-3 beds.

On the recommendation of a friend who is making a permanent move down, I've checked out Airbnb and found a few decent places, a bit on the pricy side. Also looked at AccessLakeChapala.com but it seems pretty out of date or just not regularly updated (100+ listing and no way to know if something is available or not, without calling). Anywhere I should be looking to find a 1-2 month rental for this Fall?

Thanks in advance for any pointers! Excited to come back to the area and take a load off!!

-Lucha

lucha

Back to top Go down

Looking for affordable 1-2 month housing in Ajijic, or a petsitting opportunity between Aug-Oct 2021 Empty Re: Looking for affordable 1-2 month housing in Ajijic, or a petsitting opportunity between Aug-Oct 2021

Post by CanuckBob Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:54 am

Try VRBO, TripAdvisor and Booking.com

We have small studio casitas right in Ajijic Centro beside the Lake Chapala Society. You can check them out at www.casadecomo.mx

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down