INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The highly contagious Omicron variant

3 posters

Go down

The highly contagious Omicron variant Empty The highly contagious Omicron variant

Post by Plan B Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:09 am

(CNN)As the Omicron variant spreads like wildfire across the United States, it's likely just about everybody will be exposed to the strain, but vaccinated people will still fare better, the nation's leading infectious disease expert said Tuesday.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/11/health/us-coronavirus-tuesday/index.html
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

The highly contagious Omicron variant Empty Re: The highly contagious Omicron variant

Post by ferret Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:31 am

Thank you Plan B.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

The highly contagious Omicron variant Empty Re: The highly contagious Omicron variant

Post by RoyD Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:00 am

Yep, highly contagious, even the vaccinated/boosted can get it. The effects are mild like flu or bad cold. The unvaxed will surely get it and pass it around. The people winding up in the hospital are the ones that already have serious health issues and the Covid on top of it.

News on the Pfiser/Moderna vaccines (predominate in the US) is they are only temporary with protection dropping to 50% in 6 months. Boosters will be required if you are on those vaccines every 6 months to keep up the immunity.

Masks. Only the N95 or KF94 will protect you from Omicron. Blue surgical masks and cloth masks are ineffective. If you combine the 2, that is better. It is best for us in the over 60+ crowd to always wear masks in public places where people gather indoors.

So far, the wife and I have avoided catching any of the Covid variants. Keeping our fingers crossed that we will continue to do so.

That is all from Florida. We will see you in September unless we are blocked from entering Mexico by Covid regulations at that time.

Stay safe.

RoyD

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:32 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/busting-8-covid-19-mask-myths-that-are-putting-americans-at-risk/ar-AAS5gKZ

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Plan B likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:39 pm

Great link ferret.

I have to laugh about the government finally admitting the virus is airborn. I said that in the first week of Feb, 2020. It was the only way it could spread so fast. Just common sense. It sure took the CDC and WHO a long time to figure it out.

Whatever, Covid is here to stay, so we adapt.

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down