INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pizza Delivery--Which Ones Do You Like?

+8
rafterbr
conejorapido
SunFan
gringal
Rosa Venus
Carry Bean
ferret
BisbeeGal
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pizza Delivery--Which Ones Do You Like? Empty Pizza Delivery--Which Ones Do You Like?

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:30 am

Impressed with Adelitas.  Tried it a few months ago for first time.  It's a true NY style....a foldable slice!  Limited toppings, but options suit us (pepperoni base, then we add to that).  For delivery we call them around 4 and ask for the pizza at 6....usually timely but a bit tardy since high season kicked in (10 to 20 minutes late).  Discounts on delivery orders only, and only on certain days.  Bigger pie than Dominos.  
https://adelitabarandgrill.com/menu/meal-delivery-food-to-go/

Dominos , really enjoy their sarten crust (pan pizza) which is a nice dough-y semi-thick crust.   They used to have online promos on the sarten crust but haven't for some time.  Tried their currently featured pizza with masa Italiana for intro price of 169p for 1 topping; for an extra 40p you get up to 4 toppings. Very thin and larger than their standard pie.  We order online and never a hiccup (always well within their 30 minute guarantee), plus you accumulate points for a free pizza when ordering online.  https://www.dominos.com.mx/

Pizzeria Toscana on Ocampo iin Ajijic offers a bajillion pizzas with set toppings, some quite gourmet-ish.  Overall a good pizza with a good Italian crust.  Reasonable price, smaller pie.  We are only a few blocks from them so they get it here really fast.  https://www.facebook.com/Pizzeria-Toscana-591794167584109/

We have tried others around town; some of them get high marks from others, but left us unimpressed.

We are open-minded abou pizza, sometimes we're in the mood for a thin crust, sometimes we want a thicker one.  

Which pizza delivery do you like?
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Pizza Delivery--Which Ones Do You Like? Empty Re: Pizza Delivery--Which Ones Do You Like?

Post by ferret Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:07 am

I stick with Domino's because it is the most consistent and arrives fast. However, if anyone ever comes across a shrimp and bacon pizza, please let me know. Used to love them at Don Pedro's in Sayulita.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Pizza Delivery--Which Ones Do You Like? Empty Re: Pizza Delivery--Which Ones Do You Like?

Post by Carry Bean Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:17 am

La Estacion upstairs from Pancho’s. Sourdough. I have only had the Margarita but I love it with the fresh tomatoes. Haven’t tried the other toppings - roast beef on pizza? Traitte delivers.

If you go there, they have an elevator as the steps look treacherous.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:21 am

Ferrett----Pizzeria Toscana has a shrimp pizza and also offers bacon as a topping on other pizzas...maybe he'd put one together for you?
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

kamcd likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:50 am

I can try. It also has to have fresh basil leaves on it.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:19 pm

I like the pizza from La Estacion best also, but I eat it there. I should figure out how to use Traitte.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:25 pm

Here goes a debatable one:
We got the pepperoni pizza 4-pack from Costco at Pancho's last week. One of those feeds 2 and leaves one or two slices. The pepperoni was good, but next time we would prefer the plain cheese and would add our own extras. Good cheese and nice crust.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:41 pm

We liked Purple Garlic until Christmas when we got a propane fired pizza oven. We're still experimenting to find our favorite recipes.

Cooks a ten inch pizza in 60 seconds.
Pizza your way - bacon, anchovies, pepperoni, sausage, basil, olives ....
Entertains guests.
Inexpensive ingredients. 000 grind flour at 11% protein is readily available.
The oven should pay for itself easily within a year based on a couple of pizzas a week.
Compact - sits beside the BBQ.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I thought some readers would be interested.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

CanuckBob likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by conejorapido Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:50 pm

SunFan wrote:We liked Purple Garlic until Christmas when we got a propane fired pizza oven. We're still experimenting to find our favorite recipes.

Cooks a ten inch pizza in 60 seconds.
Pizza your way - bacon, anchovies, pepperoni, sausage, basil, olives ....
Entertains guests.
Inexpensive ingredients. 000 grind flour at 11% protein is readily available.
The oven should pay for itself easily within a year based on a couple of pizzas a week.
Compact -  sits beside the BBQ.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I thought some readers would be interested.

SunFan

G
Which gas fired oven did you get and where did you get it?

conejorapido
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:29 pm

It's the Gosney Roccbox.

https://us.gozney.com/products/roccbox?switcher=true

Friends brought it down from Texas.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:36 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:I like the pizza from La Estacion best also, but I eat it there. I should figure out how to use Traitte.

Pizza is one of very few meals for which I prefer delivery.  

I've looked at Traitte a few times but never pulled the trigger.  It seems to have some sort of logarithm tied to the availability of their drivers.  I don't think you can pre-order.  You just have to roll the dice and risk a longer delivery time than expected if their drivers are tied up, which is likely true at prime meal times.  

Anyone with experience with Traitte?? Thumbs up or down? Also, how do tips work with Traitte--I want to tip the eatery workers....can I or will Traitte take all the $$$ above the meal price?
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:57 pm

I only used Traitte once for the pizza. First time I used the app which is a little clunky but when I was more precise with my address (between streets X and Y which pinpointed my house) the driver was actually earlier by about 10 minutes. I tipped him but there was a tip on the grand total if I remember correctly.

I’m in Riberas so he didn’t have to come that far and this was lunchtime not dinner.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:28 pm

Received a grande pizza from Dominos today. It was at least 45 minutes and cold when delivered. The box was crushed and when I opened part of topping came off on lid. Charge was 433 pesos for pizza, order of papa's, and bottle of pepsi. With tip cost 500 pesos. Don't think I will be using them anymore. Noticed there were other pizza boxes in carriers box so they must be doing a route delivery to several people.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:49 am

rafterbr---Did you order online (that's where the 30 minute guarantee is)? Did you discuss lateness with deliverer?

BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:19 am

I use either Domino's or M&J Pizza. I stopped using M&J for a while as their deliveries were arriving burnt and crushed. Never had a problem with Domino's. I think rafterbr's issue was an anomaly.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:49 am

Had the worst pizza I have ever had delivered yesterday. The only pizza that the cardboard box was easier to cut than the crust. I agree with Bob I am going back to Dominos even if the pie is smaller.

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:39 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:rafterbr---Did you order online (that's where the 30 minute guarantee is)?  Did you discuss lateness with deliverer?  

We ordered the Pizza by telephone. I saw the crushed box but didn't realize the box top was in the pizza or that the pizza was cold until delivery person was already gone. There was a plastic insert in the pizza to keep lid off pizza but it was crushed too. As I said, I saw other pizza boxes in the delivery person's box so he was delivering to other people as well as us. This gave me the thought, they had delayed delivering our pizza until they had other orders.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:46 pm

About 5 years ago I had a Dominos pizza arrive 50 minutes late (holiday weekend). I asked the deliverer if that made it free. He phoned his supervisor who said, No Charge. I gave the scooter guy the same tip as always. Not sure if 30 minute timeframe applies to phone orders (I always order online).

fyi, 30 minute guarantee doesn't apply if raining, per website.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:54 pm

I have only had one bad delivery from Dominos in 11 years. It was a Sunday and I got to the gate in La Huerta just as he was pulling up. I forgot my key to the door in the gate. Instead of sliding the pizza under the gate, He turned it on its side and passed it to me through the upright bars. I was quick to flip it back the other way and only lost some of the toppings. Shocked
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:04 pm

Ferret, only in Mexico! flag waver
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:54 am

I have not yet had a bad experience with Dominos. It's certainly not the best pizza in the world but one of the better ones around here IMO. Very consistant, I always order online and it always arrives before 30 minutes.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:21 am

Last night did online order with Dominos (which is how I always order).  Normally it arrives 25 to 30 minutes, like clockwork.  

After 40 minutes I called local store--he tells me my pizza is there, at the store!  Says he might be able to get it to me in 20-30 minutes (didn't sound overly confidant).  When I asked what the problem was, he said he can't get employees.  

Told him to keep the pizza. Mostly annoyed they didn't reach out to me after I ordered (they have our phone and email).
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:29 pm

I called Dominos last tuesday for delivery of two pizzas, they told me we would have to pick, as had no one to deliver so we called Membillos which is 2 blocks up street from my Casa, surprisingly good pizza and delivered on time piping hot...no more Dominos for us...

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:18 pm

After Dominos failed us, we got one delivered from Adelitas. They have changed their crust from super thin to almost a sarten (pan) crust. Still a good pizza. Smaller diameter than before, but their large is equal in size to a Dominos large.

Delivery was timely. fyi, they do not deliver on Wednesdays (driver's day off).

Will give Membrillos a try next time.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:47 am

I called the local Dominos and asked if their delivery was back to the 30 minute standard.  They said no, they were running 45 to 55 minutes mas o menos; given my last experience with them, I feared it would be mas.

I messaged Membrillos via WhatsApp, after an hour passed, no answer.

I called La Toscana on Ocampo in Ajijic and 2 pizzas arrived in 35 minutes, piping hot.  They are open daily Tues-Sun, 12 to 8.

They have an amazing selection of pizzas (and pastas).  Size-wise they are mediums, with prices averaging around 135p.

Here are pizza offerings,
Pizza Delivery--Which Ones Do You Like? Toscan10

Pizza Delivery--Which Ones Do You Like? Toscan11

Pizza Delivery--Which Ones Do You Like? Pizza_10

Pizza Delivery--Which Ones Do You Like? Pizza_11
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, Carry Bean, ferret, Canada_Mike, MichaelB, kamcd, inthecolumbiagorge and dvinton like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next