INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Checkpoints to and from GDL on Monday

+5
Chapalagringa
martygraw
Intercasa
simpsca
johninajijic
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Checkpoints to and from GDL on Monday Empty Checkpoints to and from GDL on Monday

Post by johninajijic Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:56 am

We decided to take the back way thru Joco to the new Costco yesterday. What a mistake. The road was full of holes and trashed the car. NEVER AGAIN!

We encountered two checkpoints after getting onto the large highway into GDL. The first was the Army, we were waved thru. They had a trucks doors open and were examining the contents. Other vehicles were stopped too.

The second checkpoint was Federales. We were waved over. He politely asked where we were going. We didn't have to exit the car. He opened the rear doors and looked and also peeked into the rear of the SUV. Then we were on our way.

We returned via the Carretera and noticed that there was an Army checkpoint across from Los Burritos heading into GDL.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Checkpoints to and from GDL on Monday Empty Re: Checkpoints to and from GDL on Monday

Post by simpsca Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:06 am

I just went the Jocotopec by-pass into Guadalajara last week and no problems with pot holes. Did you go the by-pass or through Jocotopec - wondering where the pot holes are? I go to that Costco on Lopez Mateos but maybe not until the games are over.

There was only one check point last week and when I went in they were by the side of the road and were not looking at anyone. Looks like they stepped things up. Thanks for the report.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Checkpoints to and from GDL on Monday Empty Re: Checkpoints to and from GDL on Monday

Post by Intercasa Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:18 am

I took the bypass Saturday and no problems, a few obstacles but still was able to drive very fast.

Checkpoint after outlets going into Guad, well both ways but they waived on everybody exiting Guad.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:20 am

Thanks Intercasa for the update.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:33 am

Don't know what road John was on, but we go to Costco every Thurs, and last Thurs the potholes, for the most part had been filled in. I would guess that the checkpoints will be in effect untill after the Para games.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:38 am

simpsca wrote:I just went the Jocotopec by-pass into Guadalajara last week and no problems with pot holes. Did you go the by-pass or through Jocotopec - wondering where the pot holes are? I go to that Costco on Lopez Mateos but maybe not until the games are over.

There was only one check point last week and when I went in they were by the side of the road and were not looking at anyone. Looks like they stepped things up. Thanks for the report.

We went thru Joco, turned right at Tom's and went by the agricultural greenhouses. We didn't take the mountain by pass because it's dirt at the end and we don't know where it goes.

Anyway, the road we took was the worst road we have driven in Mexico.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:44 am

The you must not have driven much in Mexico John.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:05 am

There's another way taking the turn off at Los Burritos/Santa Rosa. There's not nearly as many topes and it's faster than the other way around Lake Cajitatlan.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:38 am

Chapalagringa wrote:There's another way taking the turn off at Los Burritos/Santa Rosa. There's not nearly as many topes and it's faster than the other way around Lake Cajitatlan.

What does your post have to do with going to Costco and the Joco roads?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:58 am

johninajijic wrote:
Chapalagringa wrote:There's another way taking the turn off at Los Burritos/Santa Rosa. There's not nearly as many topes and it's faster than the other way around Lake Cajitatlan.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with an alternative way to Costco that won't "trash" your car.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:10 pm

johninajijic wrote:

Are you yelling at me???

That's the way WE GO TO COSTCO! Blackeye
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:46 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

Are you yelling at me???

That's the way WE GO TO COSTCO! Blackeye

Did I capitalize anything to make you think I was yelling at you? What a jerk!!! Get a life.

Your yelling at me by using CAPS. And who the hell cares how you go to Costco.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:07 pm

What's the matter? Why are you mad at me? Which way do you normally go to Costco that you don't normally go through Joco? If you're not planning to go that way again because the ride was rough, I'm telling you to go through Santa Rosa to get to the same Costco. I tease and like sarcasm that doesn't hurt others but I don't try to be a jerk. Sorry you're having a bad day. Maybe it's because tomorrows a full moon. Makes people extra fiesty ;)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:22 pm

Quietly, softly and gently:

What do you mean about going through Santa Rosa? How do you do that, from the Ajijic area? Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Yes, a soft answer turns away wrath sister mother gringal. =)

Going towards Guadalajara from Chapala, pass the Los Burritos restaurant. At the next returno, turn around and go back to towards the restaurant which is in Santa Rosa. The road in front of or next to the Los Burritos restaurant. Turn right and take that highway towards Costco. It's a great country ride, less topes than the other way around Lake Cajitatlan, which most expats know about, I guess. Beautiful drive and will save you a lot of time!!!!

http://g.co/maps/rhtn4

Look how much further you all drive going that other way around the lake!!!!!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:54 pm

Ah, yes........that's what I suspected it was. Have gone that way several times already; just didn't realize that's what it was called. It's a nice ride through the country. The only downside if that it does take a little more time.

I usually just go the old Joco route. Now that the worst of the road work is lightening up, it's not bad.......but you really do need to watch out for those potholes, especially with small cars.

About that "turning away wrath".......depends. It is in the nature of volcanoes to erupt.
Checkpoints to and from GDL on Monday 633732

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:06 pm

I guess if you're not coming from the San Antonio/Chapala side it could. It's really fast for us.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:09 pm

"What a jerk!!!"

I believe that would be jerkette in proper English.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:16 pm

We don't normally go to the new Costco, but thought we'd try it to avoid the Carretera traffic should the games have started. What a mistake due to the potholes everywhere!!!

We normally go to the old Costco near Galerias which we like better. Both the Carretera and Lazaro Cadenas are MUCH better roads and the distance and time is MUCH shorter.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:20 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:"What a jerk!!!"

I believe that would be jerkette in proper English.

Hahahhaa!!!! cheers
http://www.urbandictionary.com/iphone/#define?term=jerkette&defid=2818665

I wasn't even picking a fight or making fun of anyone. Thought you might like to know about another route that is faster.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:27 pm

johninajijic wrote:We don't normally go to the new Costco, but thought we'd try it to avoid the Carretera traffic should the games have started. What a mistake due to the potholes everywhere!!!

We normally go to the old Costco near Galerias which we like better. Both the Carretera and Lazaro Cadenas are MUCH better roads and the distance and time is MUCH shorter.

Enjoy Costco near Galarias! Now until Nov 1 remember not to drive in the colored Pan America lanes as there's a hefty fine for it. Traffic may not be as bad as we thought but it's still pre games yet. *fingers crossed*. I like Palamar Costco better because they don't run out of items quite as quickly as Galarias Costco, it doesn't feel as crowded & is newer. We frequent both.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:38 pm

I think I read in the Guad Reporter that the fines would not be imposed. Maybe that changed.

It seems that Tuesday is a good day to go. They are crowded on the weekends and are restocking on Monday.

Personally, I'm clearing out my freezer between now and the end of the games and staying away from Costco. I can't believe how much stuff I have stashed in a 26" fridge freezer. And to think I used to believe I needed the double door mammoth model. LOL. Things I learned in Mexico, chapter 29.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:00 pm

I would not be caught in those lanes to find out. We were told to stay out & there are many signs posted along those lanes.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:10 pm

Thanks John for the update. I took the bypass around Jocotopec last week - wasn't bad. It's dirt at the end before it gets on the windy road, but the dirt/gravel end is not too bad, and somehow I had no traffic the day I went. Maybe the bad section is that part past Tom's on your way out of Jocotopec - I try to avoid that.

And Chapalagringa, thanks for the new route - but tell me does it make sense to try it from San Juan Cosala? I may give it a try after the games are over. It may make sense for my friends
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:19 pm

simpsca, no, it doesn't make sense unless you just wanted a change of scenery or go for a ride. Try it one direction making a circle going or coming from Jocotepec, just for fun. It may add 30 min to your drive, depending on traffic. It's beautiful, especially this time of year. :)

Last edited by Chapalagringa on Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar. as always, needs help!)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next