INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tax reform requires expats to obtain taxpayer registration by July 1

+10
Intercasa
ferret
brigitte
cypress
John-in-Vallarta
NoVaDamer
mudgirl
BisbeeGal
SunshineyDay
CanuckBob
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tax reform requires expats to obtain taxpayer registration by July 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Tax reform requires expats to obtain taxpayer registration by July 1

Post by ferret Mon May 23, 2022 1:42 pm

I do not know if this will be of help but worth a try... SAT launches facility to request your Proof of Tax Situation with Tax Identification Card | Tax Administration Service | | Government gob.mx (www.gob.mx) https://www.gob.mx/sat/prensa/sat-lanza-facilidad-para-solicitar-tu-constancia-de-situacion-fiscal-con-cedula-de-identificacion-fiscal-047-2021?idiom=es

I use Microsoft Edge as my browser and it automatically translates from Spanish to English for me.

This service MAY only be for actual taxpayers. I dunno.

ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Tax reform requires expats to obtain taxpayer registration by July 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Tax reform requires expats to obtain taxpayer registration by July 1

Post by Intercasa Mon May 23, 2022 5:03 pm

My office is taking people to get their electronic signatures as with that you never have to go back to the SAT office and can do address changes and print updated certificates.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Carry Bean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Mon May 23, 2022 5:14 pm

Intercasa wrote:My office is taking people to get their electronic signatures as with that you never have to go back to the SAT office and can do address changes and print updated certificates.  

What docs and other info is needed to be supplied to SAT at that time. It sounds like CFE will shut off power unless this info is not provided by 6/30

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon May 23, 2022 5:22 pm

Passport, residency visa, original utility bill (doesn't have to be in your name and if you don't have one we have a work around), and USB memory stick.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon May 23, 2022 6:53 pm

A USB memory stick? What for?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon May 23, 2022 7:02 pm

Hi Spencer,
I have a Cedula de Identificacion Fiscal with a QR code. Do I still have to do the electronic signature?
All this is very confusing and short notice.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Mon May 23, 2022 9:02 pm

Carry Bean wrote:A USB memory stick? What for?

They put your electronic signature on your flash drive.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon May 23, 2022 9:54 pm

mudgirl wrote:
Carry Bean wrote:A USB memory stick? What for?

They put your electronic signature on your flash drive.

And then what do I do with it? I’m on iPads not computers or do I give it to those government types who want it? This is so stupid.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lady Otter Latté, SunshineyDay and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 24, 2022 7:04 am

I never had to take a flash drive to SAT. We use a password to sign in not the digital signature. I believe you can do either one. Spencer?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 24, 2022 7:25 am

Here is a good informational video from FB explaining what you have to take to CFE to get your RFC added to your bill.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue May 24, 2022 9:27 am

Bob you can do either one but the e.firma with USB is better as with the mere password you cannot change your address nor access 100% of the services so with an extra 15-20 minutes there you never have to go back and have full access
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, Carry Bean and cerebrozo like this post

Back to top Go down

Tax reform requires expats to obtain taxpayer registration by July 1 - Page 2 Empty Info

Post by SunshineyDay Tue May 24, 2022 9:37 am

Intercasa wrote:Passport, residency visa, original utility bill (doesn't have to be in your name and if you don't have one we have a work around), and USB memory stick.

What about original RFC form with #?

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 24, 2022 10:11 am

I went to CFE this morning at 9:00am. I was the only one there. They only have two tellers so things could get lined up.

I took:

My last CFE bill;
A printout of my Proof of Fiscal/Tax Situation document;
My residency visa card

They kept the CFE bill and Proof of Fiscal/Tax Situation document. They took a copy of my visa card. They also required my phone number. All in all it took about 5 minutes.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 24, 2022 11:24 am

I also forgot to add that the CFE office requires a mask to be worn.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 24, 2022 11:42 am

Intercasa wrote:Bob you can do either one but the e.firma with USB is better as with the mere password you cannot change your address nor access 100% of the services so with an extra 15-20 minutes there you never have to go back and have full access

I guess the only downside is you wouldn't be able to access your account on devices that don't have a USB port.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue May 24, 2022 12:05 pm

I was given the Fiel on my flash drive years ago, but never needed it for the things I had to access, so just used my password. And I never understood how one was supposed to use it, as the file couldn't be opened. I'll have to ask my accountant to explain it when I see her next week.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue May 24, 2022 1:31 pm

Files are uploaded and used with password on SAT site
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Tue May 24, 2022 2:40 pm

Perfect example of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing!

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean and Lady Otter Latté like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 25, 2022 2:12 pm

I just received an email from Bellon Insurance saying they will need a copy of the "Proof of Fiscal/Tax Situation" document before I can renew my insurance. They are good with emailing it to them, which I did.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

cerebrozo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed May 25, 2022 2:35 pm

I just got a new Insurance Policy on my new car. I gave them a copy of the full page document with QR code and bar code that is titled "CEDULA DE INDENTIFICACION FISCAL". They accepted it and it is on the policy. However, the car dealership (Camarena Automotriz Occidente) in Guadalajara used a generic one on my invoice and said that is just the way their system is set up. They would not change it. Go figure.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed May 25, 2022 3:28 pm

As dumb as I think this whole thing is for retired expats what’s even dumber is a less than 6 week deadline to get it done. Not saying they don’t have a right to do this but how can it be done that quickly with the number of people over the age of 18?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed May 25, 2022 3:40 pm

I guaranty you that millions of Mexican are not going to do it and for sure thousands of expat and unless you need the rfc for insurance or purchase etc.. no one s life is going to be affected by this..
Several 18 year old told me why they did not need it my garner or my cleaning lady have no intention of getting it and multiply that by hundreds or thousands and here you have the situation.. Little by little it will get done but we are not there yet. By huevos they will get it done said my cleaning lady .

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

SunshineyDay and dvinton like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dvinton Thu May 26, 2022 8:23 am

I corresponded with Azucena Bateman (ABC Legal) about assistance in sorting this out. She helped my wife and I obtain an RFC for purchasing a car last year.

Not surprisingly, she’s swamped with requests over this regulation.

The essence of our email exchanges was. Since we already own our home, a Mexican plated car, have a bank account, and have no major transactions coming up (i.e. home sale), her response was we could sit tight for now and update our cedula later.

dvinton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu May 26, 2022 8:58 am

Mexicans do not do things in anticipation, they do them when it is needed or late so the answer makes sense. I do not know any Mexican rushing to make the deadline,,

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 26, 2022 9:38 am

dvinton wrote:I corresponded with Azucena Bateman (ABC Legal) about assistance in sorting this out.  She helped my wife and I obtain an RFC for purchasing a car last year.

Not surprisingly, she’s swamped with requests over this regulation.

The essence of our email exchanges was.  Since we already own our home, a Mexican plated car, have a bank account, and have no major transactions coming up (i.e. home sale), her response was we could sit tight for now and update our cedula later.

Your big concern will be your car insurance. If it expires soon you will need to have that "Proof of Tax Situation document" according to the e-mail I received from Bellon.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 26, 2022 10:00 am

This is the e-mail from Bellon Insurance:

Dear customer
Because of the tax reforms issued by the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit for the year 2022, a new billing model name Version 4.0 is considered, which entered into force on January 1, 2022.
In order to correctly issue the invoice (FACTURA) for any billable transaction, the Insurance Company must have your tax information as it is registered in the “SAT” Tax Administration System.
For this reason, on April 1, 2022, you must provide to the Insurance company with the Proof of Tax Status updated no older than 30 days of the person who will appear as the holder of the policy, since without this information the insurance company will not be able to bill the issuance policy or renew it.
It is necessary that when you modify your registered information on the “SAT”, the Tax Administration System, you will have to notify the insurance company by sending your updated Tax Status Certificate again (Constancia de Situación Fiscal).

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

dvinton likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next