INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HP Printer repair location in Guadalajara

3 posters

Go down

HP Printer repair location in Guadalajara Empty HP Printer repair location in Guadalajara

Post by conejorapido Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:26 pm

I have a 2 year old HP laserjet M15w which no longer functions after HP's firmware update. Does HP have a physical location in Guad where I could take it for repair?

conejorapido
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

HP Printer repair location in Guadalajara Empty Re: HP Printer repair location in Guadalajara

Post by RoyD Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:38 pm

Conejorapido,

I am a retired computer tech. visiting the area. You said the printer stopped working after a firmware update. Can you power it up? Does the computer recognize the printer?

A firmware update is a software issue and not a hardware issue in most cases, unless something failed in the printer as you updated the firmware (coincidence). My advice would to be download the troubleshooter for this model and run it on your computer to see if the problem can be corrected. You can download it here:

Diagnostic Tool-Fixes installation and driver issues (1)
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-m14-m17-printer-series/16647043/model/16647063

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

CanuckBob likes this post

Back to top Go down

HP Printer repair location in Guadalajara Empty Re: HP Printer repair location in Guadalajara

Post by conejorapido Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:14 pm

RoyD wrote:Conejorapido,

I am a retired computer tech. visiting the area. You said the printer stopped working after a firmware update. Can you power it up? Does the computer recognize the printer?

A firmware update is a software issue and not a hardware issue in most cases, unless something failed in the printer as you updated the firmware (coincidence). My advice would to be download the troubleshooter for this model and run it on your computer to see if the problem can be corrected. You can download it here:

Diagnostic Tool-Fixes installation and driver issues (1)
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-m14-m17-printer-series/16647043/model/16647063

RoyD
Thanks, I've already done that. The problem is that the computer no longer sees the printer. When I turn the printer on, the ready light continues to flash and the orange triangle also continues to flash. With the computer and the printer not seeing each other there is no way to diagnose the fault.

conejorapido
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:39 am

It sounds like the flash of the printer memory chip with the new firmware failed in some manner. I would contact HP tech support and see what they suggest. I do not see how any repair shop can fix that. They would have to replace the circuit board in the printer. I do not know what that would cost here, but in the US, I would advise you to buy another printer as it costs more to fix them then to replace them.

Brother has a good line of home laser printers that are inexpensive and are work horses. I have had mine for over eight years with nary a problem.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:02 am

Maybe the computer needs the printer driver reinstalled or updated?

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

DaveP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down