INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confirmation of a couple of Tianguis days in Guadalajara needed

5 posters

Go down

Confirmation of a couple of Tianguis days in Guadalajara needed Empty Confirmation of a couple of Tianguis days in Guadalajara needed

Post by albertrv Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:11 pm

I'm just trying to finish up my Tianguis list and have a conflict that needs settling for the two mentioned places below. People have told me one day or another but never actually said both days for each place. I suspect it is both days but looking for confirmation before actually finishing up the list.

Anyone know.....

Tonala – Thursday or Sunday or both ???
Tlaquepaque – Tuesday or Wednesday or both ???
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.lagunachapala.com

Back to top Go down

Confirmation of a couple of Tianguis days in Guadalajara needed Empty Re: Confirmation of a couple of Tianguis days in Guadalajara needed

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:23 pm

Tonala is definitely BOTH Thursday and Sunday. People should be aware that Mondays can be quite marginal in Tonala because many of the shops are closed on Monday to recover.

There is actually a Tonala Tianguis website: http://www.tianguistonala.com/ini/index.php

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Confirmation of a couple of Tianguis days in Guadalajara needed Empty Re: Confirmation of a couple of Tianguis days in Guadalajara needed

Post by David Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:40 pm

Is there a Tlaquepaque Tianguis?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:21 am

With a bit of searching I found 3 in Tlaquepaque. One on Thursday and 2 on Sunday.
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.lagunachapala.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:56 pm

The tiangue in central Guadaljara...is huge....on Sunday....you can buy livestock, even buy back stolen parts from your car......probably 10 blocks squared
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:03 am

albertrv wrote:I'm just trying to finish up my Tianguis list and have a conflict that needs settling for the two mentioned places below. People have told me one day or another but never actually said both days for each place. I suspect it is both days but looking for confirmation before actually finishing up the list.

Anyone know.....

Tonala – Thursday or Sunday or both ???
Tlaquepaque – Tuesday or Wednesday or both ???

There is also a Saturday Tianguis in Tonala. Fruit, clothes veggies etc. Not sure of the address but several blocks away from the others
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:37 pm

Part of the problem with figuring out the days for Tlaquepaque has been prompted by the temporary booths/stands set up around the Parian area. I remember reading some months back in one of the Guadalajara newspapers that the regular merchants were complaining about the proliferation and the fact that so many were selling "counterfeit merchandise". Probably four or five months back, the police(?) or some other agency conducted raids resulting in the confiscation of thousands of CD's and DVD's.

Dave P: You may be referring to the more informal tianguis set up in some of the vacant spaces on the west side of the main drag?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:01 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Part of the problem with figuring out the days for Tlaquepaque has been prompted by the temporary booths/stands set up around the Parian area. I remember reading some months back in one of the Guadalajara newspapers that the regular merchants were complaining about the proliferation and the fact that so many were selling "counterfeit merchandise". Probably four or five months back, the police(?) or some other agency conducted raids resulting in the confiscation of thousands of CD's and DVD's.

Dave P: You may be referring to the more informal tianguis set up in some of the vacant spaces on the west side of the main drag?

The Saturday Tianguis is at least 7-8 blocks away from the main drag. It has been a feature for many years. it is not an artisans tianguis but the same as Chapala's and about 2-3 times the size. we go there regularly but cannot remember the street address.
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:19 pm

Since i just brought up the raids on counterfeit goods, INFORMADOR had an article on this very subject today:
http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2011/335302/6/decomisan-45-toneladas-de-productos-apocrifos-en-san-juan-de-dios.htm

Apparently various agencies raided the Freedom Market aka "San Juan de Dios" and confiscated 45 tonnes of counterfeit merchandise. I would be willing to bet that most of the DVD's & CD's being sold at the various tianguis in Ajijic, Chapala and the Chapala waterfront probably fall into this category:
[img]Confirmation of a couple of Tianguis days in Guadalajara needed Dscn1613[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down