INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project

+8
ferret
susan
Zedinmexico
mazdee
bobnliz
CheenaGringo
juanrey
CanuckBob
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project Empty Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project

Post by CanuckBob Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:01 pm

Just saw this ad on CNN. It is called Mexico Taxi Campaign. Basically it is a taxi with a hidden camera thats picks people up from the airport after their vacations from Mexico. The driver asks them all sorts of questions about their trip.

http://mexicotaxiproject.com/

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project Empty Re: Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project

Post by juanrey Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:52 pm

Pretty cool idea
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project Empty Re: Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:14 pm

I read up on the program back when it was first announced. My only criticism or objection was that it appeared to be concentrating on tourists leaving the prime resort areas.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:54 pm

Yeah well I suppose there aren't too many gringo tourists going to Leon, Magdelena or Mazamitla now a days.........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:17 pm

CB:

Funny that you should mention Leon! Since we spent a night there during our last trip, I did a couple of reviews for TripAdvisor and was totally amazed when I received a report on just how many people (travelers ?) had read my reviews. To us, we were not overly impressed with Leon but they do get lots of visitors because of industry and they do have an international airport.

My point about catering to the tourists from the coastal resorts is that they are mostly the party goers and all inclusive types. Not a true picture of Mexico.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:26 pm

I guess they are wanting to find out how the resort-goers will be describing their experience... to be used perhaps for tweaking their ads in the future? Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:54 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:CB:

Funny that you should mention Leon! Since we spent a night there during our last trip, I did a couple of reviews for TripAdvisor and was totally amazed when I received a report on just how many people (travelers ?) had read my reviews. To us, we were not overly impressed with Leon but they do get lots of visitors because of industry and they do have an international airport.

My point about catering to the tourists from the coastal resorts is that they are mostly the party goers and all inclusive types. Not a true picture of Mexico.

We stopped in Leon on our way back from Guanajuato last April. Spend some time in the plaza after missing the Leather Zone. Of course I have since learned what Zona de Piel means and will be able to find it next time.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project Empty Taxi Project

Post by mazdee Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:31 am

I think it's a great idea, but I can't seem to make it work. I can open your link, but can't see any video.
Tourist destinations like Mazatlán have been hurt very badly by the sensational press reports NOB. Yet, tourists who come here never see any violence. Heck, I've lived in this so-called dangerous town for 9 years, and I've never seen any violence! The taxi project might help us. Anyone know how to activate that video?

mazdee

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:12 am

I had to re-load it a couple of times to get it to work.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:43 am

Some tourist government people not sure who were interviewing Gringoes at
LCS a week or so ago. Asking us if we were scared. Asking us how we liked
Mexico. Marketing type questions about our attitudes about Mexico and the
security issues. They seemed surprised as how calm we all were about the
security issues.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:30 pm

They have probably been reading the sensationalist journalism from NoB....
not to mention that there are forums where just mentioning that you are heading SoB will start an avalanche of anti-Mexico rhetoric.
It is truly amazing how vitriolic these folks can become. You would think one was asking them for their firstborn for sacrificial purposes. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:07 pm

bobnliz wrote:They have probably been reading the sensationalist journalism from NoB....
not to mention that there are forums where just mentioning that you are heading SoB will start an avalanche of anti-Mexico rhetoric.
It is truly amazing how vitriolic these folks can become. You would think one was asking them for their firstborn for sacrificial purposes. Lizzy

If you really wants your friends and others to really freak out tell them you are driving all the way down through
Sonora and watch the fun. Well really no they really are freaked out. We take route 2 west from Santa Anna to
Lukeville where we go accross the border rather than Nagales. No problems, nice road, lots of cops,feds, and
military types all very nice to us. They are shaking peoples hands these days. Anyhoo lots of people I know think
I am dead like I am going on some suicide vacation trip. Fighting for my life....Well no actually fighting for a parking
space but that is another subject.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:34 pm

Shee·it Zeta, I AM driving right down through Sonora; one of the safer routes south, by the way. These forum folks are all RVers... and considering how numerous roadies are in México, you would think a LOT fewer would be the hysterical type. Just goes to show... it takes all kinds.

But, you know, when you consider the amount of negative propaganda that is spewed out into the environment... falling prey to the wretched excesses perpetrated by an often misinformed media is a ubiquitous danger at best. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:27 pm

i dont think the "guadalajara reporter" wants to spread propaganda. have you read it the past 2 years? i dont think the US consulate has a reason for propaganda. see the warnings. & i doute "trip advisor" travel site has a motive. over the ajijic forum is says in bright red......"WARNING". they added that like a year ago. they want to sell plane tickets & book trips than whats the motive there? if you are not afraid, why do you care if others are? we dont need your validation. why cant you just do what you do & have a good time? no ones stopping you from traveling, not even the media. why do you have to control the travel habits of others? or the thoughts of others.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:44 pm

Rolling Eyes When we moved to Mexico 15 years ago, EVERYBODY told us we were nuts...that we would be back in three months...that bandidos rode out of the hills to rob you...yada yada yada ad nauseum! In some cases these were people who had never set foot in Mexico and others who had stayed only at all inclusive resorts.

HOGWASH!!!!

Nobody is controlling anybody...but not defending against a lie is the same as telling one. The media is out to lunch and out of control...and guess who controls the media. Interesting that the U.S. consulate warns against travel in Mexico when the Canadian consulate doesn't...and you don't think they have an agenda to keep tourist dollars at home?

HOGWASH!!!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:03 am

Now, ferret... I think we are pretty much on the same page here. Don't you find it interesting that a person's style on a keyboard is as distinctive as their handwriting?
I think we should be inventing a new drink... let's call it the HOGWASH! Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:59 am

susan wrote:i dont think the "guadalajara reporter" wants to spread propaganda. have you read it the past 2 years? i dont think the US consulate has a reason for propaganda. see the warnings. & i doute "trip advisor" travel site has a motive. over the ajijic forum is says in bright red......"WARNING". they added that like a year ago. they want to sell plane tickets & book trips than whats the motive there? if you are not afraid, why do you care if others are? we dont need your validation. why cant you just do what you do & have a good time? no ones stopping you from traveling, not even the media. why do you have to control the travel habits of others? or the thoughts of others.

What gives you the right to tell others what to say??? If you don't want our validation ignore it. We will continue to
write what we think and not edit it for people who will get upset. Not your or our job to protect the scared folk. Also
yes the US consulate has very good reasons for spreading propaganda about mexico. You do know the state department
in the US is TALKING about restricting travel?? You do know the US government lies. You do know the FBI has suspended
miranda rights if they feel like it? You do know anybody can be arrested withing 75 miles of the border and put away
with no rights if they feel like it? SAFE you got to be kidding. The US government solutions to problems are worse than
the original problem. Putting it bluntly I never would have thought the US government was interesting in feeling me up
or irradiating me before I can get on an airplane. The US government has lots of reasons for propaganda all bad in my
opinion.

Sorry for the rant but my government pisses me off so I live here.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:52 am

susan wrote:i dont think the "guadalajara reporter" wants to spread propaganda. have you read it the past 2 years? i dont think the US consulate has a reason for propaganda. see the warnings. & i doute "trip advisor" travel site has a motive. over the ajijic forum is says in bright red......"WARNING". they added that like a year ago. they want to sell plane tickets & book trips than whats the motive there? if you are not afraid, why do you care if others are? we dont need your validation. why cant you just do what you do & have a good time? no ones stopping you from traveling, not even the media. why do you have to control the travel habits of others? or the thoughts of others.

TROLL ALERT

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:39 am

IN a previous post, I mentioned that on TripAdvisor my reviews about Leon were getting a fair amount of viewings. Received an update today that indicated the my review of the Zona Piel Holiday Inn had 1794 readers. For comparison, my review of the Ajijic Malecon had 77 readers. Just saying!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:25 pm

So, Cheena... not so sure you have a valid point there...

There is already a truckload of literature written on the Lakeside area and León is not of major note in the guidebooks. I would deduce that your review of León is a much rarer bird than the one about Chapala's malecón.

Maybe the comparatively large following for León comes as a result of the lack of available material on that fair city? Lizzy Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project 169387
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:52 pm

The Taxi Thingy is HoHum... Cheap Advertising that probably won't have much impact....folks aren't likely going to lend much weight to what stangers have to say over what Dan Rathers is say'n

The PBS Video of Calderon Touring Mexico I believe works much better... he didn't even have an armed guard!!

Even The President Of The Excited States Of America wouldn't risk that ...

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:44 pm

Ain't that the truth? Mind you... I'd bet that they had a pretty good handle on just who was in the vicinity when they were filming. Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:46 pm

zedinmexico: the US government has always lied. (now they are awful liars, its offensive. america has dumbed down so much they can say anything, especially about airports. most people love to obey). the mexican govt has always lied, news flash. the borders on the US are UN safe thats ovious. the airports in US are under martial law, but yet millions fly even if they dont have too. its a "choice", like driving across a border. you pay your $, you take your chances. as for mexico, millions of mexicans feel threatened. if you do not, or lizzy does not feel afraid, thats your right. but why make fun of the travelers who are not comfortable? many mexicans would leave mex if they could, the rich have moved to better cities in the US. you stand behind mexico more than the mexicans! never said to edit, its a free forum, say what you wish. mexico has changed in 50 yrs, especially guadalajara/ajijic. the reason why trip advisor put the "warning" above ajijic? the increase in drug war in jalisco, (the murders in the night club, murders of police officials in chapala joco guadalajara, carjacks). this doesnt mean anyones after "you", but if you are near by- it could be dangerous. how can these above facts be propaganda? the news is the news, whether its the NY times, or guad reporter. the photos are not computerized. mexico & the US are in bed together. both sides want tourism, shopping, real estate sales. see: "mexico nation of fear" youtube

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:03 pm

[img]Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project Proble10[/img]

Here's to the TROLL!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:09 pm

raqueteer wrote:

TROLL ALERT
Troll bridge!
Have your trolls ready please! The line forms on your right... razberry

You are most astute, raquetman. Lizzy Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project 169387
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next