INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 US Citizen Deaths Up in Mexico

+9
Bill Phillips
canadiangirl
ferret
Ricardo
susan
suelou
Rolly
hound dog
CheenaGringo
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2011 US Citizen Deaths Up in Mexico Empty 2011 US Citizen Deaths Up in Mexico

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:21 am

"The first half of 2011 was the most deadly six-month period for U.S. citizens in Mexico over the past eight years, according to U.S. State Department data...........................................

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2011/11/03/us-citizen-deaths-at-8-year-high-in-mexico/#ixzz1cxirBQAE

For those who would tend to question because this comes out of Faux News, the original article was in [/u]La Opinion[u]:
http://www.impre.com/laopinion/noticias/2011/11/2/mexico--mas-estadounidenses-so-280256-1.html

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

2011 US Citizen Deaths Up in Mexico Empty Re: 2011 US Citizen Deaths Up in Mexico

Post by hound dog Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:05 am

Dawg knows you are trying to be funny Neil and this is not to be construed to be a rejoinder but for those who don´t get it, let´s see, speaking of dead U.S. citizens, back in the early 1970s, Dawg lived in Mobile, Alabama and Oakland, California and "the murder capital of the world" in those days of Santa Cruz County, California and´later in the wildly criminalized back forest hills of Sonoma and Mendocino Counties in Northern California´s redwood forest weed growing region and we would have loved to have had a murder rate of only 68 U.S, citizens per 100,000 annually in any of those places. Thank God we got out of those crime infested, semi-lawless, hillbilly-infested forests of the Santa Cruz Mountains to the hippy-freak Redwood forests of Mendocino to the alligator and water mocassin infested swamps surrounding Mobile and moved to Mexico where it is so safe.

I guess we are moving in the right direction and let´s not discuss statistical anomalies here. There are, after all, presumed to be 1,000,000 U.S. citizens living in Mexico which is more than those living in any of the other places I just mentioned - sometimes a lot more so let´s not split hairs here. This is all in fun.

razberry

The scariest place Dawg ever lived was Oakland, followed by Mobile and then Santa Cruz.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

2011 US Citizen Deaths Up in Mexico Empty Re: 2011 US Citizen Deaths Up in Mexico

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:21 am

Scariest place I ever lived was Minneapolis, MN because I didn't like the thought of freezing to death!

By the way Dawg, you have been pretty darned quiet about what happened on Saturday evening.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:38 am

Here is a government website that shows various crime numbers by municipality in each state.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:16 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Scariest place I ever lived was Minneapolis, MN because I didn't like the thought of freezing to death!
By the way Dawg, you have been pretty darned quiet about what happened on Saturday evening.

Neil:

I´m sorry but I´m drawing a blank. We just got in here last Sunday and have not been attentive to the local news. Here it is Sunday night and what happened on Saturday evening? Should we pack it back to San Cristóbal. We have seriously been incommunicado so this is no joke.

Dawg
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:01 pm

A reminder for you - LSU vs Bama?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:39 pm

LSU Vs. Bama. A true crime. Indefensible. God has lost his values. How can he permit a bunch of ignorant cajun redneck swamp bunnies to exit the repulsive cypress barrens of Baton Rouge and take the nearest pirogue through the Gulf and up the Black Warrior River from Mobile to Tuscaloosa and humiliate our Alabama heroes at Tuscaloosa when they know so much of Alabama´s collective fragile ego is dependent on winning football games because it is either that or crude lap dancing for troglodyte Wisconsin Cheeseheads flaunting hundred dollar bills to stuff into the panties of forlorn Birmingham pole dancers whose fathers molested them way back in 1983 and, no matter how you slice it. things were sad in Tuscaloosa that night except for the excuse to get drunk and have endless sexual encounters in order to assuage the pain and get really druck on rum and coke and, as anyone who ever attended Alabama at Tuscaloosa as a student knows; it is not the winning of the game that counts but the winning of the poontang thereafter. Yáll boys take that pirogue back to Baton Rouge. We´ll get by.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by suelou Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:32 am

Try living in New Orleans, 16 murders on Burbon St. Holloween night.

suelou

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:45 am

you all lived in these remote god forsaken places. sleeze pits of the world. no wonder you think its safe here, or paradise. depends upon from where your looking.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:18 am

suelou wrote:Try living in New Orleans, 16 murders on Burbon St. Holloween night.
There have been two murders this year in the French Quarter, where Bourbon Street is located.

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:31 am

@Newbies...when you state something like "16 murders" or "2 murders" in rebuttal, it would be a good idea to provide a link to back up your facts.

@susan...parts of every town and city on earth have sleazy sections or sections that become sleazy after a certain hour. If you haven't been to a place, you should limit your comments... otherwise you sound like all those NOB who know so much about Mexico but have never been here. We haven't been to New Orleans since Katrina...parts of it were very charming and beautiful and that included the French Quarter and Bourbon Street. Would I hang out there after 10 p.m.? Not a chance.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by canadiangirl Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:32 pm

ferret wrote:They sure aren't paying those kind of prices...they sure aren't paying cash...they aren't going to be taxed on their world wide income...they aren't going to give up their health insurance...and they only want to be there when it's cold in Canada.

A better deal? Don't think so.

"Newbies" Ferret:it would be a good idea to provide a link to back up your facts.[quote="ferret"]
If you haven't been to a place, you should limit your comments...

canadiangirl

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:51 pm

Can't provide a link to friends and family who have purchased in the U.S. during the recent economic crisis. They purchased as second homes to spend the winter months...unfortunately most bought condos and are getting hit with skyrocketing condo rates. C'est la vie.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by canadiangirl Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:07 pm

I hope the purchase price makes up for the skyrocketing condo fees. Hope they enjoy their home away from home!!!

canadiangirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:53 pm

ferret wrote:@Newbies...when you state something like "16 murders" or "2 murders" in rebuttal, it would be a good idea to provide a link to back up your facts.

@susan...parts of every town and city on earth have sleazy sections or sections that become sleazy after a certain hour. If you haven't been to a place, you should limit your comments... otherwise you sound like all those NOB who know so much about Mexico but have never been here. We haven't been to New Orleans since Katrina...parts of it were very charming and beautiful and that included the French Quarter and Bourbon Street. Would I hang out there after 10 p.m.? Not a chance.

This site maintained by the Times-Picayune of all murders in New Orleans this year shows one murder in the French Quarter on Nov. 1 and one on Oct. 16.

http://media.nola.com/graphics/other/OrleansParishMurders.swf

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:09 pm

New Orleans is a hell hole and I speak as one who lived up the road in Mobile in the 70s´- another crime ridden stew pot. Nightmarish places haunted by violent crime and civic corruption. And these people make fun of Mexico. We now live on Lake Chapala and the Zapatista stronghold of San Cristóbal de Las Casas and I would trade neither of those places for the New Orleans cesspool.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

2011 US Citizen Deaths Up in Mexico Empty I'm glad I'm Canadian

Post by Bill Phillips Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:59 pm

Canadian Statistics:

Timeline: Canadians killed in Mexico since 2006
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:45 pm

http://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/montreal/images/consulado/prensa/2011/Bol08-11CanVistanMex-Eng.pdf

The above link gives some interesting stats of the number of visitors to Mexico from Canada...there's also a stat given for U.S. visits.

The U.S. ranks #1 and Canada is #2.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:44 pm

Given that the basis for their statistics are the years 2008 & 2009, it may be that people are more frightened by health warnings about swine flu than warnings about bullets flying? Reflecting back to that period, swine flu got plenty of press attention worldwide and it had a noticeable negative effect on visits to Mexico. To this day, agents at border crossings are still quizzing heavily about pork products.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:17 am

SNORK... the biggest drop in Tourism I noticed occurred Jan 1, 2000

We were on the Island for New Years Eve and it wuz Empty.... as was Cancun...

Dopey B@st#rds were all huddled at home cause they heard a rumor

computers would crash and planes were gonna fall outta the sky...

Last edited by hockables on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ddddd do I stutter?)
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:20 am

Have another coffee Neil and read it again...those stats are for 2010.

17 MILLION visitors from the U.S. in 2010...kinda puts your OP into perspective doesn't it?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:31 am

I got the fact that the statistics were from 2010 but the stated increases were related to figures from 2008 & 2009. These base years (especially 2009) were negatively affected by the swine flu scare. I have zero problem with the statistics from 2010 and hopefully the numbers from 2011 will be even better!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:58 am

Ah! I see your point now...my bad!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:53 pm

hockables wrote:SNORK... the biggest drop in Tourism I noticed occurred Jan 1, 2000

We were on the Island for New Years Eve and it wuz Empty.... as was Cancun...

Dopey B@st#rds were all huddled at home cause they heard a rumor

computers would crash and planes were gonna fall outta the sky...

Now this is funny. We specifically took a flight that put us in the air between Singapore and a US Territory during this switch over (Great rate deduction) and they actually shorten our visit by 3 hours so we would be on the ground before the time change. Shit, if we had known this we could have joined our friends at the “New Year Eves” party. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:07 am

This post isn't intended to alarm but rather to inform. Geo-Mexico in their daily article titled: "The diffusion of violence in Mexico since the early 1980s: http://geo-mexico.com/?p=5378 had an interesting and informative map.

[img]2011 US Citizen Deaths Up in Mexico Maps-d10[/img]

If you read the article, you will note that the author points out that differing sets of evidence were used to construct the maps.

Last edited by CheenaGringo on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next