INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patzcuaro Candles

3 posters

Go down

Patzcuaro Candles Empty Patzcuaro Candles

Post by ferret Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:49 pm

Just got off the phone with Diane Pearl and she does, indeed, stock the Sta. Teresa candles that are made in Patzcuaro. They have the gold logo on the side and, according to her, they are 100% beeswax. She carries various sizes of columns and tapers. Her store is located at the corner of Ocampo and Colon and the phone number is 766-5683

Any candle will drip in a breeze. These are outstanding value for the money.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Patzcuaro Candles Empty Re: Patzcuaro Candles

Post by raqueteer Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:06 pm

How much are they ferret?

Here's an American website for comparison. Lot of good tips on what to do with the left over wax.

http://www.beeswaxco.com/

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:07 pm

Finally got into Diane Pearls to buy my candles. There are quite a variety of sizes and I can't remember all the prices. Votives were 20 pesos each and a 3" diameter by 3" tall was 60 pesos each. Compared with the website that you provided Raqueteer, these are not overpriced. I bought the 3"x 3" candles and starting burning one last night and am keeping track of the time burning. So far, these are indeed the real deal and I will save money in the end. Quality and price.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:45 am

No they're not pricey at all. The 3" candle on that website was $11. So, we're really looking at a very good price. I was pretty convinced that candle of ours that melted in the sun had to be mostly, if not all bees wax. It took us 2 days to clean off the glass container with a hairdryer and paper towels. Paraffin is gonzo in minutes.

By the way, check out the recipes on that site. Hand cream, moisturizer etc. if you're into that sort of thing. I ran into a very attractive woman in the health food store, who made her own moisturizer using bees wax. I figured maybe a pretty well preserved late forty something. No, she's a grandmother. I am sold!

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:54 pm

OK! My candle is still burning. It's about 1/2" tall now and has burned for 22 1/2 hours. I'll probably get another 3 hours out of it tomorrow night...no drips, no splits and no puddles. Sweet!

Raqueteer...did your ever ask her how old she was? Our housekeeper in San Miguel was a grandmother at 35.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:12 am

Sounding better and better. Save those leftovers.

No, I didn't ask, however her husband/boyfriend was getting very close to 60, which shocked me because I wouldn't have thought he was a day over 45.
In any case, I have been using a hand cream which has bees wax as an ingredient. Pelter, available at Sam's. This is the greatest stuff since sliced bread, and I really know my hand creams, since due to peripheral neuropathy I have to use them every day. So, here's the deal, I'm going to get myself at least one of those candles, and make some of that moisturizer.

Will post positive results, if any, here.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieSunshine Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:27 am

Are they scented? I love candles and if it burns a true 24 hours, that is a good price.

SusieSunshine
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:31 am

SusieSunshine wrote:Are they scented? I love candles and if it burns a true 24 hours, that is a good price.

I hope not, it's not the best of ideas with bees wax, and would pretty much render it useless for making creams of any type.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieSunshine Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:38 am

That's what I was thinking, but when I called Diane Pearl they said that all the candles were the same scent??? I like to burn several candles, but you can't burn a bunch of different scents so I get unscented and then burn one or two of the same scent with the unscented ones.

SusieSunshine
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:42 am

Well, they do have a natural honey scent so that might be what she meant. Maybe ferret can answer this.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieSunshine Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:35 pm

Gotcha! Does it provide a lot of scent while burning? Or just a soft sweetness? The beeswax candles in the states always smelled like crayons to me.

SusieSunshine
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:46 pm

There's no smell whatsoever...just a pure, clean burn. I kept the wick trimmed to about a 1/4" height.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieSunshine Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:06 pm

Ok...thanks!

SusieSunshine
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down