INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beware of scam outside Farmacia Guadalajara

Go down

Beware of scam outside Farmacia Guadalajara Empty Beware of scam outside Farmacia Guadalajara

Post by simpsca Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:22 pm

This scam just reported on lakesidecrime.com - http://lakesidecrime.com/ajijic/ajijic_1128_2011.php

Outside Farmacia Guadalajara Ajijic

My partner went in Guadajara Farmacia and took him time to get the right medicine.

Once out of store - trying to start car he noticed a smell of gasoline, the car didn´t want start.

Suddenly a guy on car window said that gasoline leaking and that he had called already transito police. then police called fire department.

Everybody told my partner(poor spanish speaking)how dangerous it is and car could explode and that he could get in trouble with authorities etc. my partner got very nervous and called me at home.I talked to the police officer and he said that "they" had already fixed the problem.

My partner gave them a quite good "tip". when I brought my car to garage this morning...they couldn´t find any damage at all and the vehicle in perfect condition.

Only that looked like that somebody pulled the gas cable and unplugged it from the filter so car could not start and gas leaking. Garage guy said obviously somebody tried to distract you offering help and then steal from you or just wanting a good "tip".

The mechanic mentioned he had had this kind of incidence already twice in the last 3 months. and another ocassion was a flat tire in front of ATM Chapala where his customer was offerred help and then got robbed, trying to fix tire. the two other cases with unplugged gasoline tube the persons got robbed and realized it later when save and sound home after a "friendly" helper had fixed their problem without any problem at the place of incidence.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down