INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medical insurance seminar and discussion

+3
Solovino
gringal
larryc
7 posters

Go down

Medical insurance seminar and discussion Empty Medical insurance seminar and discussion

Post by larryc Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:24 am

I want to invite all to one of 3 events being held this weekend for all expats and locals too. Rudy Deutschmann, President of Brokers Assistance, Inc. one of the nations foremost authorities on Medicare and Medicaid and Global insurance for all expats and what you need to know to better understand your rights and options will be speaking the LCS this Friday and Sunday at 2 pm and Monday in Chapala at the American Legion Post at 1 pm
It's free and you might learn more about what and how it all works and impacts you and your loved ones living in Mexico. There are many misconceptions out there about how insurance really works and what is and isn't covered here in Mexico and globally. Any and all questions will be answered. Rudy has been dealing with expat health insurance problems for over 25 years and especially ones here in Mexico.

This will encompass the Canadians health care system and your rights and options too

This is will be avery informal gathering so please come and ask any questions that are on your minds

Any question you can call Larry Crowson at 765-3728 or cell 333-171-7800
larryc
larryc
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.gringosinparadise.com.mx

Back to top Go down

Medical insurance seminar and discussion Empty Re: Medical insurance seminar and discussion

Post by gringal Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:40 am

What are they selling?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Medical insurance seminar and discussion Empty Re: Medical insurance seminar and discussion

Post by larryc Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:52 am

Nothing
Yes he's affiliated with several insurance companies
Believe when i tell you there may no one in the US who's more knowledgeable about the Obama care and changes coming and how to better understand your options both here and back in the US. He has been a consultant or advisor to the US Government and the Colorado State insurance industry. Rudy operates in 46 US States.

You can't buy anything there, I will have signup sheet for anyone who wants to be contacted later for additional information on health insurance products available here and how they truly work.
Not trying to hide anything.
This man is a true resource and he's spending his own money to come down as he has all over Mexico.
larryc
larryc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:09 am

This crap should go in the For Sale forum.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by larryc Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:19 am

i'm sure you now everything you could possible need to know right, lucky to be you.

I meet folks every week living doen here who have no clue and are desperate for answers and sending emails. Just because you don't feel the need you need to lighten up, yes I said it.
larryc
larryc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:45 am

I do not claim to know everything with nothing more to learn.

What I do know is that Medicare coverage does not cover care given in Mexico to expats, and that private insurance is very expensive. That is, if you can get coverage at all.

On TOB, there's a post referring to Skymed, "leveraging" our Medicare "investment" and other stuff along the same lines. Free seminars to small groups. Maybe you get a bonus timeshare if you sign up. No specifics about plan given, even after a little pushing. I freely admit to having a suspicious mind about altruists who are willing to give free information to help us all out and who aren't selling anything.

I'm not saying this guy isn't legit. I don't have any way of knowing.

However, if I hear any more hooey-speak about Medicare being extended to Mexico in our lifetimes, my logic circuits will burn out. I've heard otherwise sane folks "explain" how Medicare would "save money" by covering us escapees....er....expats.... without getting past the problem of how you save money by spending more of it, and what would put the Congress in the mood to go that route. They happily kick us and our ailments off the bus at the border and we end up paying out of pocket for private insurance or having cross-your-fingers coverage plus the dubious benefits of IMSS or Seguro Popular.

Maybe we'll hear what this speaker has to add to our current knowledge after the event. So far, the cost of private insurance for old folks in Mexico is a real budget buster. Most of us don't relish the thought of scooting back to the U.S. for treatment under Medicare, either. Being sick is bad enough.

Maybe Larry would be kind enough to pass the information along on here so we wouldn't have to sit through the lecture.
Sleep

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by larryc Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:03 am

What would be the point of that? Sorry no 30 second sound bites here.

You have cracked open the door to your understanding.
Rudy has forgotten more than i know, You will just have to take a chance if you truly want to expand your knowledge base. I'm quite sure Rudy would agree with you on Federal dollars coming this way anytime soon.

He's a very open and honest man that I have known for some time he has no interest in wasting your time either.
He was the first person to go around in Baja and get the hospitals to understand and agree to take US insurance payments thru a new computer billing system that he helped design to help expats not hurt them.
How many folks have you heard of who needed throw down their Visa or Mastercard to get treatment here?

All I can do is open up th mariachi e possibliity that you might appreciate what he has to say, many others have already called thanking me for helping to do this.
larryc
larryc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:16 am

"Cracked open my understanding". Geesh.
Good luck on your project anyway.

Someone sent me a PM suggesting I read "Gringos in Paradise" and NOW I get it. Wow.
At least I don't have to worry about getting stuck for Obamacare since I left the U.S. over seven years ago and never went back. Got that information a long time ago, when they first passed the bill.
Shocked
Yes, I know there are lots of other expats who have one foot in Mexico and the other in the U.S....and who may need their understanding cracked. So read all about it on your website.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:21 pm

gringal - Gotta agree with you. Anyone thinking that the US Gov't is ever going to cover expats in Mexico or any othe country, has their head so far up their a*ss that they haven't seen daylight in years. It's already a broken system.

Who said Obummercrappycare is going into effect? No one knows yet.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by larryc Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:28 pm

Guy's already over 2,000 pages new regulations are going to be in effect and they have printed off over 30,000 pages of god knows what that will take years to sort out no matter who gets re-elected next. I know plenty od doctors who are quitting up north and getting out. My dad is a retired doctor and he believes that what we now see as Medicad & Medicare is going away and soon to a more screwed system than we have now. It takes years to unravel the mess that Mr. Hope & change has brought down on us as with all Presidents. The pen is indeed mightier than the sword, ask any politician.
larryc
larryc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:53 pm

I'm smelling scam all the way.
I remember the advice Loretta Lynn's (played by Sissy Spacek) mother gave as she was about to leave here hodunk town to seek fame and fortune elsewhere.
"Loretta" said her Mama, "don't you trust nobody that says 'trust me', ya hear".

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by larryc Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:11 pm

You guys need a life as much as i love all of this back and forth I got to get a few things down today.
larryc
larryc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:23 pm

A little "attitude" showing there, dude. "Get a life" and its derivatives was on the overused list along with "awesome" a number of years ago
Got another for you: "Get over yourself".
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by larryc Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:39 pm

my point exactly

If you really have something to say, I have website with an uncernsored writers forum that reaches thousands weekly and they always want to hear from a real expat
i'm serious
larryc
larryc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Tell them to check in here. Why oh why should we go there?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by larryc Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:28 pm

It's not so much for those of us already living here but the thousands of Americans struggling to make sense out of our governments screwed up agenda to ruin what's left of America and if they should consider getting out while they still can.

People want to read more about what actual expats are doing an dhow we all got to this place in our lives and there's a million different reasons.

Forums have gotten a bad name because they seem to just get bogged down in petty bickering that folks looking to visit or potentially live are scared off bye.
It was horrible in belize and over in Tulum. Todos Santos was pretty good and this one seems to be reasonable.
larryc
larryc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:33 pm

You seem to move a lot. Con men do that too.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by larryc Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:38 pm

I don't know you but your attack like that on me is uncalled for.
Your beyond pathetic.
Your exactly what I was talking about.
larryc
larryc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:39 pm

David wrote:Tell them to check in here. Why oh why should we go there?

I agree with this type of insight. I guess we’ve all been there too many times to support the other “sucker” roll.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:50 pm

THis has been one hilarious thread. Watching LarryC come to pieces under Solovino´s withering gaze has been priceless. I feel, however, that Solovino is being a bit unfair. Here LarryC is extending a hand to Lakesiders in need of a hand even though he lives in far off Tulum which I find to be an extraordinarily friendly gesture. Dawg will not be attending this proposed meeting but the discourse on this thread has been highly entertaining to the point that I went back and re-read the whole thing. Highly amusing stuff.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:47 pm

I thought Larry moved to Lakeside, no?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down