INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPEED TRAP @ ENTRANCE TO BRISAS TODAY 1:00PM

+10
borderreiver
CanuckBob
simpsca
David
Mainecoons
CheenaGringo
gringal
hockables
raqueteer
Jim W
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SPEED TRAP @ ENTRANCE TO BRISAS TODAY 1:00PM Empty SPEED TRAP @ ENTRANCE TO BRISAS TODAY 1:00PM

Post by Jim W Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:02 pm

AT LEAST 6 white validad pick ups, 8 cops with radios, approximately 15 vehicles pulled over....counting me Smokealot , issuing tickets...apparently radar car was radioing ahead.... Beer Citations included FM3 #, Drivers license info, and plate number.

How they could sort out who was who is beyond me. They let the car that past me thru, no ticket....they gave me ticket for 106km in a 60kmh zone. Beer Beer Beer Beer

Last edited by Jim W on Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

SPEED TRAP @ ENTRANCE TO BRISAS TODAY 1:00PM Empty Re: SPEED TRAP @ ENTRANCE TO BRISAS TODAY 1:00PM

Post by raqueteer Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Oooooop's what's that going to cost you Jim?

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

SPEED TRAP @ ENTRANCE TO BRISAS TODAY 1:00PM Empty Re: SPEED TRAP @ ENTRANCE TO BRISAS TODAY 1:00PM

Post by Jim W Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:18 pm

raqueteer wrote:Oooooop's what's that going to cost you Jim?

Raq, My understanding is 10 times daily wage....620 pesos 50% off if paid within 10 days. I feel bad for all of the Mexican plated vehicles that were pulled over just before Christmas....most of which were not in good condition. Who da thunk...speed trap @ high noon. Basta

Last edited by Jim W on Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:19 pm

NOW yer using the Power Of The Net for something usefull... atta boy Jim...

I always thought Speed Limit Signs in Mexico were merely a suggestion!!

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:36 pm

Jim W wrote:
raqueteer wrote:Oooooop's what's that going to cost you Jim?

Raq, My understanding is 10 times daily wage....620 pesos 50% off if paid within 10 days. I feel bad for all of the Mexican plated vehicles that were pulled over just before Christmas....most of which were not in good condition. Who da thunk...speed trap @ high noon. Basta

That's not good for the Mexicans, adios aguinaldo. Those transitos just have no Christmas spirit whatsoever. Just for that I really ought to get in that crappy car of mine, speed past them , then give 'em all the flu.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:42 pm

You'll have to stick your head out the window and blow on 'em, too.

Actually, those transistos have Christmas Spirit all right. As long as it benefits their own personal shopping funds.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:51 pm

gringal wrote:You'll have to stick your head out the window and blow on 'em, too.

Actually, those transistos have Christmas Spirit all right. As long as it benefits their own personal shopping funds.

Gringal, I saw no evidence anyone was looking for bribes...There were too many of them. They handled everything without a hint of payoff. It appears as though planned effort by policia. We were golfing today @ Atlas.....return to Ajijic....to pick up vino.
On return to Chapala Haciendas, looked over and saw my golfin buddy getting a ticket. He told the policia he had radar detector, and it didn't go off....Cop then changed story, it was PHOTO RADAR.....LMAO.

Feliz Navidad.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:04 pm

gringal wrote:You'll have to stick your head out the window and blow on 'em, too.

Well, that was the plan, however still slightly under the weather, I have made myself another one of those hot toddies so they'd likely ding me for a DWI as well. Next time. Very Happy

Just having a bit of Christmas spirit myself, all medicinal of course.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:14 pm

Earlier I had guessed that this topic was in the shopping section because Jim was returning from shopping in Guadalajara. Wrong! He was shopping for a ticket.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:34 pm

Only five shopping days until Christmas. Gotta get that money from the motorists!

I can't quite figure where this speed trap is/was.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:38 pm

Near the entrance to Brisas de Chapala in the Southbound lane.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:06 pm

hockables wrote:NOW yer using the Power Of The Net for something usefull... atta boy Jim...

I always thought Speed Limit Signs in Mexico were merely a suggestion!!

They are unless you have $$$
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:12 pm

David wrote:Near the entrance to Brisas de Chapala in the Southbound lane.

David this is so bull shit.......They claim Radar..........My friend got a ticket...Leaving Chapala Haciendas
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:33 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Earlier I had guessed that this topic was in the shopping section because Jim was returning from shopping in Guadalajara. Wrong! He was shopping for a ticket.

No Neil, not shopping for ticket...I sent Oncesubtle a request to move this thread messed up, belongs in general thread....
MY BAD....
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:40 pm

Police enforcing the law without expecting mordida.......strange times indeed.

Well maybe people will slow down in that section. There has been a few accidents there that I can recall.

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:04 pm

Jim W wrote:

David this is so bull shit.......They claim Radar..........My friend got a ticket...Leaving Chapala Haciendas

So they were working both sides? What is the limit there? 80 I think.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:06 pm

SPEED TRAP @ ENTRANCE TO BRISAS TODAY 1:00PM 18717 Bob, Lived here for 6 years....Never have I seen an accident on this stretch of road......this is the free and clear to Chapala....ending with 12 topes @ Sorianos SPEED TRAP @ ENTRANCE TO BRISAS TODAY 1:00PM 18717
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:07 pm

David wrote:
Jim W wrote:

So they were working both sides? What is the limit there? 80 I think.

David....60kpm
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:56 pm

"No Neil, not shopping for ticket...I sent Oncesubtle a request to move this thread messed up, belongs in general thread....
MY BAD...."

Just gooning you Jim!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:19 pm

Gotta feeling. That feeling says you'all can expect more of this. So be extra careful with your driving habits and legality. The $$$ for xtra police stuff is going to come out of expat pockets so heads up everyone.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:52 am

I just try to avoid driving during dec. through march. I make one trip on
tuesday to Wally world and the Organic market and hide the truck back
in its little castle. I take the bus most of the time but can see how people
with mobility problems can't. While I love cars/trucks they really are a giant
pain in the a** anymore. Everybody wants to tax/search/bribe and socially
manipulate ones ownership of a car anymore.

Think I will walk today.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:34 am

David, You are correct 80k is the speed limit. They were working the South Bound into Chapala. The radar car was parked on the North Bound, North of the entrance #2 to Chapala Haciendas. A dozen orange cones were set up @ the entrance to Brisas.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:39 pm

We went to Guadalajara today about 9 to see a friend in Hospital Del Carmen and returned at 12. No speed trap today.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:18 pm

Just remember Kids.... SPEED KILLS.... and Methamphetamine is no good for ya either!!

Say NO Ta DRUGS
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:18 pm

hockables wrote:Just remember Kids.... SPEED KILLS.... and Methamphetamine is no good for ya either!!

Say NO Ta DRUGS

Speaking of drugs - if you've been to the new hamberger restaurant TAJho in west Ajijic, probably La Cristina - did you notice they have "Hot Drugs" on the menu for 18 pesos?
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next