INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UBC Student & boyfriend - dead

4 posters

Go down

UBC Student & boyfriend - dead Empty UBC Student & boyfriend - dead

Post by awana Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:02 am

A University of B.C. student living in Mexico has been found dead in the town of Huatulco. Police discovered the bodies of Ximena Osegueda, 39, and her partner, Alejandro Santamaria Alvarado, 38, last week half buried on a beach in the tourist town, located in the state of Oaxaca, about 500 km south of Acapulco, according to reports.

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/student+found+dead+Mexico/5954092/story.html

or

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/01/05/bc-ubc-stduent-homicide-mexico.html

awana

Back to top Go down

UBC Student & boyfriend - dead Empty Re: UBC Student & boyfriend - dead

Post by awana Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:31 am

There is no doubt that the Mexican police are overworked with all that's going on but Osegueda's ex-husband has a point. You gotta protect that tourist industry, right?

“Over the course of three days, I found three bodies over six hours of looking. That tells me there's a lot more bodies,” said Wright.
He said he believes authorities had been keeping the existence of the apparent dumping ground quiet in order to protect the tourist industry."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/01/06/bc-student-slain-mexico-husband.html

awana

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:00 am

There is something that doesn't quite add up in this story. I hope they do an in depth investigation both in Mexico and in Canada. It just seems too convenient that the ex-husband flies to Mexico and finds all these bodies in short order. I know if I found a body buried on a deserted beach I would get the heck out of there real fast in case the bad guys come back. Instead they continue the search until they come across more bodies including that of his ex-wife. He was on the news telling the story quite calmly with no emotion what so ever. Alarm bells were going off for me and I hope there are investigators feeling the same way......just my opinion.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:14 am

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/01/06/bc-student-slain-mexico-husband.html

"Searched again.

Two days later, Wright and Osegueda's brother searched the beach again, this time bringing the dog Wright had bought Osegueda for her protection and focused on a lagoon during low tide."

“It didn't take long, 20 to 30 steps in and around the bend, the dog started doing circles, licking the ground,” said Wright. “I had a shovel this time. I hit it with a shovel immediately. [Alvarado’s] shoulder was down about six inches deep.”
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:17 am

Would you go back there again with only a buddy and a dog if you previously found a body? That is what baffles me.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by awana Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:17 am

The same thoughts struck me as struck C-Bob.... the guy is a lot braver than I but than, I think..... he is young and has lived in and experienced Mexico as a young man married to a Mexican girl with apparently strong family ties. He has moved in much different Mexican circles that I have experienced and is very familiar with the area he is searching, he is accompanied by his ex-brother in law and her dog. He is an ex- expat who knows areas other than the common tourist areas. So, why not feel confident in doing what he is doing. He had a friend to find to help ease the mind of a family he belonged to for twelve years and who called him for help in finding their daughter.
His perspective on that sad situation is not one shrouded by decisions made in the past that now need justification or positive re-enforcement by refusing to take the present reality for what it is.
His advice to tourist is to stay in populated tourist spots with All Inclusive and all else provided and stay away from isolated areas, roads and beaches, especially for naive tourists.

awana

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:24 pm

The descriptions of the beaches down there does not really reflect the reality. Huatulco is touristy but is not that crowded, the beaches around are not super crowded either and when you start to go a little further out from Huatulco, Puerto Angel or Puerto Escondido the beaches are really isolated with very often no one there.
There are 9 bays and each one may have several beaches, some small sm¿ome very large.
It would not be that easy to find someone unless you knew the beach they went to.

We went to several beaches down there that were a long way from the main road and were totally deserted when we got there.
You really are in the middle of nowhere and if the place is a burrying ground or a landing place for drugs and you happen to see something you should not see, you are in trouble with no where to go and no help.
If they found 3 bodies, who was the third body? There could be a lot of different scenarios there.
I would think that two determined men and a dog would be better at searching a beach that some policemen without much interest in the case.

I do not think you can call the people who were killed native tourists and they still got killed, remote place are fine as long as they really are deserted, it is the people you have to worry about unfortunately.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down