INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Indian Restaurant in Ajijic

+5
Zedinmexico
hound dog
borderreiver
CanuckBob
simpsca
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Indian Restaurant in Ajijic - Page 2 Empty Re: New Indian Restaurant in Ajijic

Post by gringal Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:17 am

Now John............some of the locals, including me, feel Indian food deprived.
There were at least four good ones within easy driving distance of where we lived in CA, and we patronized all of them. I sorely miss them.

So, no, we don't need another mediocre restaurant serving the same stuff all the rest dish up, but we could definitely use a good Indian restaurant.

Also, the special cuisine of Transylvania is nice if your family tends to be up all night.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New Indian Restaurant in Ajijic - Page 2 Empty Re: New Indian Restaurant in Ajijic

Post by hound dog Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:53 pm

[quote="gringal"]Now John............some of the locals, including me, feel Indian food deprived.quote]

Gringal:
Count me in that group of Indian food lovers who welcome the Walker´s gutsy and much needed commitment to bring East Indian food to this community which is sorely deprived of this type of cuisine, Indian food being among the greatest and most sophisticated cuisines on the planet. Dawg wishes them the best of luck and recognizes that their good luck, if they accomplish their goal of providing really good and varied Indian food, will be my good luck and the good luck of other Indian food lovers around here as well. Thank God we have people who are willing to take risks to greatly improve the restaurant scene at Lakeside and a pox on petty, querulous carpers who, mean-spiritedly predict their business demise because "there are already too many restaurants around here". As one who lived in India for about six months and enjoyed the food tremendously in many different parts of the sub-continent, I am very excited about this development and wish them success as they expand their menu, learn from any mistakes they may have made (as most restaurateurs make when first opening) and bring the first tandoor oven of which I am aware into Ajijic.

Finally, restaurateurs who are willing to bring us a restaurant specializing in a type of cuisine so hard to find around here in the past instead of another mediocre Italian eatery or uninspired steak house serving beef that is only adequate at best - two types of restaurants of which we do, indeed, have a surfeit at Lakeside . I believe that, given time and assuming they have the resources to reach their goals, the Walkers will prove a great asset to our community. I really don´t understand why John, who is planning to leave this area and move back to the U.S. as soon as he can sell his house, would wish bad luck on those of us remaining here who have no intention of ever leaving except feet first. I wish John good luck in his new home when he gets there and have found his famous lists and even a few of his restaurant reviews to be useful but what is the point of criticising the entrepreneurial spirit that enlivens the community he is exiting. What difference does it make to him?

Since we live part time in Chiapas, Dawg won´t be able to try the Walkers´ restaurant consistently over time but I´v been there once on their opening night and, despite the fact that they have a few kinks to work out from that few hours they had been open, we´ll definitely be back when in Ajijic.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:45 pm

Amen, Dawg.
As mentioned before, the big problem with staying alive in the restaurant business is not the food part; it's the business part. Who knows how much to order and when, and how many diners in a given night? Who knows when you necessary ingredients won't be available, or your waiter goes out sick?

I wish them very well and can't wait to get my mouth around some Tandoori chicken.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:53 pm

Love it, is the Naan a permanent feature now? If so we'll be there for sure. Will tolerate chapatis as a substitute.

Do they serve sambals? How about samosas?

TIA

Last edited by raqueteer on Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add samosas)

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2