INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My 1ST & ONLY Allianz MEDICAL approved claim..(.UNDER DISPUTE MY ME),

+3
simpsca
johninajijic
Jim W
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My 1ST & ONLY Allianz MEDICAL approved claim..(.UNDER DISPUTE MY ME),   - Page 2 Empty Re: My 1ST & ONLY Allianz MEDICAL approved claim..(.UNDER DISPUTE MY ME),

Post by hockables Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:34 am

Jim W wrote:Neil, still fighting for reimbursement....hired Spenser...Paid 35,000 pesos for for new year.

My 1ST & ONLY Allianz MEDICAL approved claim..(.UNDER DISPUTE MY ME),   - Page 2 968748 now he hasta declare it!!

hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

My 1ST & ONLY Allianz MEDICAL approved claim..(.UNDER DISPUTE MY ME),   - Page 2 Empty Re: My 1ST & ONLY Allianz MEDICAL approved claim..(.UNDER DISPUTE MY ME),

Post by Jim W Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:01 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Jim:

What I don't get is that you have been complaining about this insurance company for many months - why didn't you just cancel the first time they jerked your chain?

Neil, Mexican insurance is not like NOB. Once you have been diagnosed with say high blood pressure...most companies won't touch you here.....pre existing issues even though you have been covered prior to diagnosis. Dead Horse I tried to lower my deductible 3 years ago, and was told a physical would be required, and I may be cancelled if didn't pass.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:32 pm

Jim W wrote:Raq, The worst part of the whole thing is the anger and the subsequent deppression.......waiting for god...the insurance approval. Sadly, medical insurance was not what I anticipated 7 years ago.....it is far to invasive, rather than NOB, we pay as we go, and submit for reimbursement if we annually exceed our deductible.

Shitty part of the whole deal, I must meet with surgeon tomorrow, as Allianz didn't pay the team per contract....they paid NADA.....now they agree to pay, after I pay the team....whole thing sucks!

BTW...fine print says no smoking? Never saw than......was it tobacco, or Mary Jane?????? Smokealot Have a good night

lol

JimW

Mary Jane!!! Now you are dating yourself Jim. You probably need some of that before you meet with the surgeon.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:15 pm

simpsca wrote:You are getting the run around from Parker Agency. No one is doing anything this week because it is Easter. I don't see why it makes a difference that you went home the same day. Lot's of procedures don't need an overnight stay now.

And yes, just turn it over to Spencer. It's not worth having a stroke over.

Simpsca, just got the check....3000 pesos short....explanation from agent....because it was an "overnight proceedure" It was approved for direct billing with a 22,000 deductible. When the surgeon released me without spending the night in the hospital, actually they had me scheduled to stay 2 nights, the direct bill was cancelled by Allianz....changing terms to reimbursement...automatically increasing deductible to 25,000 pesos. Basta

I just don't get it!!!! My 1ST & ONLY Allianz MEDICAL approved claim..(.UNDER DISPUTE MY ME),   - Page 2 633732
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:08 pm

Insurance companies are slime - I used to have to deal with them as part of my job - trying to get claims paid for the company I worked for. But hey you got a check and I didn't expect that to happen until after Easter.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:12 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Jim:

What I don't get is that you have been complaining about this insurance company for many months - why didn't you just cancel the first time they jerked your chain?

Neil, It's not that I am complaining, just trying to make expats aware of what they are getting into with Mexican insurance. Most of us thought this was a good deal back in 2005-2006. Insurance companies in Mexico have been raising premiums 10 to 20 percent for the past five years, yet costs have not risen more than 2%, per year. In the states our premium was $10,000 with $5000 deductible, we didn't have to wait for the invasive insurance compay to review and approve....then tell us where to go....Hell....LMAO. In my case medically treated....all is good ....financially screwed again out of 25,000 pesos. Me going on Medicare in 6 months!

Neil, before you say it....I was el stupido.....LMAO

From my prospective it is important to new expats, to have access to experience, and not fall into the trap of safety with insurance here, that I have. JohnA, Simpsca and Parker have a medical history here and are quite happy. On the flip side people that signed up in 2005, and have had no claims play hell getting proper reimbursement.

I am hopeful newbies relocating here will benefit from our experience, and can make a more informed decision! Beer Beer Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:29 am

$200 pesos will buy you 5 lt tequila or 1/2oz bag o buds...

The pharmacy will sell you damned near anything over the counter...

U have Dr Juan for aches & pains and occasionally check the plumbing

U have Dr Mike ta tell you what to eat & what not to eat....

Shocked whatz the problem??
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:00 am

Hocks........Did we miss happy hour....LMAO
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2