INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARE HOUSES SELLING AT LAKESIDE?

+16
Solovino
viajero
Jim W
David
simpsca
brigitte
gringal
Zedinmexico
hockables
CanuckBob
arbon
hound dog
CheenaGringo
Mainecoons
Chapalagringa
johninajijic
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ARE HOUSES SELLING AT LAKESIDE? - Page 2 Empty Re: ARE HOUSES SELLING AT LAKESIDE?

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:24 pm

So by consensus, can we assume that there is only one "perfect' home on this planet?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

ARE HOUSES SELLING AT LAKESIDE? - Page 2 Empty Re: ARE HOUSES SELLING AT LAKESIDE?

Post by johninajijic Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:33 pm

simpsca wrote:Many houses for sale do not have "For Sale" signs. The last two houses I bought had no sign and my friends who have two houses for sale now have no signs. It's a precaution against possible break ins and having people knocking at your door.

I agree withyou that some don't have signs like mine. I don't agree with the possible break in scenario or knocking on the door since a buyer has to go to an Agency and come with a Realtor.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:44 pm

johninajijic wrote:
Gringal:
If your friend can't sell her $ 150 K house, she's either with the wrong Realtor or the development is not desirable or there's something you're not seeing that is wrong with the house. You don't get much for $ 150 K. Those are 10 year ago prices for dumps in Riberas and Mirasol. I know, I looked 10 years ago.

John:
If you can´t sell your $449,000 priced house, you´re either with the wrong real estate agent or your development is not desirable or there is something you´re not seeing that is wrong with your "PERFECT" house and, since no house or any other construct of mankind on the planet is "PERFECT", we know there is something wrong with your "chateau" you have yet to discern. Since you have already lowered the asking price for your house from over $500,000 to under $450,000 in relatively short order and still haven´t received an offer you have shared with us, perhaps you are still priced above market for what you have to sell. It is Dawg´s opinion that $400,000 is a serious price point at Lakeside these days for several reasons and you may have priced your property based on historic "asking" prices of other homes in the area rather than actual sales prices at closing which are not readily available to the public in Mexico.

You looked around here ten years ago and assert that $150,000 was a price level for "dumps in Riberas and Mirasol". Well, we looked around here eleven years when many houses in places like Riberas were going for under $100,000. One of us is misperceiving something.

By the way, your characterization of the Ajijic village as congested, noisy and polluted makes me wonder if you ever leave your treasured enclave or if, perhaps, you wear blinders when you do leave your castle on the arroyo. We have lived in the village since 2001 just a few feet from the beach, can walk to a largely deserted beach in a couple of minutes to walk our dogs in solitude or walk them on the malecon ten minutes distant or La Floresta 30 minutes distant (all on the beach), shop in the environs of Six Corners or hop the local bus to Super Lake without ever cranking the less-than-perfect car and the primary source of noise pollution on our property is those damn birds singing constantly during the day attracted in droves to our 1/3 acre garden or diving for insects in our swimming pool. For the life of me, I can´t understand why anyone would live up a steep hill and be a slave to their automobile to go just about anywhere. We went through that for years in San Francisco and vowed we would never trade easy on-foot mobility for a splendid view again and back then we were gazing out at beautiful San Francisco and its bay or the wild and beautiful open Pacific Ocean - views to die over - not a muddy sump backed by brown, scrubby, desicated hills.

I guess these varied assessments of what is and is not important in the quality and location of a residential property can be chalked up to the varying tastes of those who choose to live hereabouts. Thank God we don´t all like the same thing when it comes to where we choose to live or we´d be killing each other zeroing in on the same spot.

I realize this is difficult for you to comprehend, John, but just because your taste in housing differs from Dawg´s and that of others participating in this forum, does not infer superiority of taste for any of us - simply the fact that we are all human beings and often see things differently from each other. You will be a more pleasant fellow if you get over you superiority complex or, at least, keep your opinions as to the flaws of others not sharing your tastes to yourself.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:30 pm

However, it's a tough market in which to sell anything at all. I have a friend who can't sell her nearly new house in a new (gated) development on the west side. There isn't a thing wrong with it, and although she's made improvements, she can't get the under-150K she paid for it four years ago. It's sad all around.
(me)

What part of West of Ajijic don't you get, John? We are not talking dumps in Riberas or anything like that.

I'll give her a plug for the heck of it. She wants to return NOB to be with family. The development is Lago Encantado, well out there in the countryside on the carretera to Joco.
The whole development was brand new 4-5 years ago, with a long drive and a gate-guarded entry. Her house has two bedrooms, nice airy feeling, very tidy, modern kitchen, covered carport and a lake view. She added a sunroom with a lakeview. She paid $150. She's had it on the market now since Christmas, and is currently asking $139K, through a realtor who has had visible advertising in the magazines. What's the problem? Beats me, except that it's not walking distance to town. PM me if you know anyone looking for that kind of property and I'll pass it on.

Meanwhile, assumptions are a long and winding way to reach Truth.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:06 pm

dawg - You DON't live in the village. You're constantly saying that you live in West Ajijic. No part of the village is in West Ajijic.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:11 pm

gringal - I will definitely PM you if I hear of anyone interested. I'm sure it's a nice house especially being only 4 - 5 years old. Tell her to wait it out.

Now that you've told me where it is, her problem is that it's too far out.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:28 pm

You're right, John. That's why it was in her "affordable" range in the first place.

You pays your money and takes your choice. She fell for the "new" thing. But then, you couldn't get much in that price range 4-5 years ago in a decent neighborhood.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:01 am

GOOD GRIEF!

Now John is telling the Dawg and Brigitte where they don't live! I certainly don't see either of them using "Dawginajijic" or Brigitteinajijic" as their "nom de plume"! It seems to me that a couple of years back, there was a question as to whether the "premier gated community" was even in within the Ajijic limits.

I can tell you John that we have had the pleasure of visiting Brigitte and Dawg's fine home and we would say that it is within the village - just not the heart of downtown Ajijic.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:03 am

CheenaGringo wrote:GOOD GRIEF!

Now John is telling the Dawg and Brigitte where they don't live! I certainly don't see either of them using "Dawginajijic" or Brigitteinajijic" as their "nom de plume"! It seems to me that a couple of years back, there was a question as to whether the "premier gated community" was even in within the Ajijic limits.

I can tell you John that we have had the pleasure of visiting Brigitte and Dawg's fine home and we would say that it is within the village - just not the heart of downtown Ajijic.

I thought he keeps saying that he lives in WEST Ajijic. Could be my mistake.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:24 am

I just had lunch with friends from England who own a house here - been on the market a few years. House just sold and closing is Tues. Woman from Guadalajara buying a house for her son. House is in El Limon so it looks like things are moving.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:37 am

Have you seen this guy lately?

[img]ARE HOUSES SELLING AT LAKESIDE? - Page 2 Questi10[/img]

[img]ARE HOUSES SELLING AT LAKESIDE? - Page 2 Matthe10[/img]

If he is sitting at an adjacent table to you in a restaurant, please feel free to approach him because he has all of the answers!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:44 am

You can have the most incredible house in the world for the best price
but if no buyers are around with 400/600K USD to buy it doesn't matter.
I am afraid the higher end buyer is not opening his wallet much down
here. Many people in higher priced housing might have to wait a while
for the high end buyer to get confidence back and return. Also a high
end buyer has a very large inventory to look at right now.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:45 am

johninajijic wrote:
CheenaGringo wrote:GOOD GRIEF!

I thought he keeps saying that he lives in WEST Ajijic. Could be my mistake.

He does live in West Ajijic. The village of Ajijic continues west BELOW the Caraterra, not above. You do NOT live in Ajijic.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:45 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Have you seen this guy lately?

[img]ARE HOUSES SELLING AT LAKESIDE? - Page 2 Questi10[/img]

[img]ARE HOUSES SELLING AT LAKESIDE? - Page 2 Matthe10[/img]

If he is sitting at an adjacent table to you in a restaurant, please feel free to approach him because he has all of the answers!

His last name is Lesko and he does have all the answers as CG said.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:49 am

I didn't realize that John's last name was Lesko! Now I understand where he got the money to purchase a home in the premier gated community!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:32 am

David - What an absolutely stupid statement. How long have you lived here?? Not long I suspect or you've never looked at a map or your geographically challenged. West Ajijic extends all the way to the border with San Juan Cosala.

Isn't the Japanese nursery, Roosevelt school, Los Sabinos, Arroyo Alto, La Reserva, Puerto Arroyo, La Canacinta, La Cristina, Tres Canadas and Las Palmas in WEST Ajijic?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:50 pm

LOL, that's a blast from the past, CG.

I'm wondering if the better strategy in this market isn't to price in pesos. I keep hearing these rumors that the Tapatios are the big buyers these days.

Just a thought.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Mainecoons wrote:LOL, that's a blast from the past, CG.

I'm wondering if the better strategy in this market isn't to price in pesos. I keep hearing these rumors that the Tapatios are the big buyers these days.

Just a thought.

They are the big buyers. A house priced at $ 649 K near me sold in just 6 weeks to a Mexican. A couple others I know sold to them also.

The target market is Mexicans and Canadians. Mine is advertised in pesos in GDL.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:30 pm

johninajijic wrote:David - What an absolutely stupid statement. How long have you lived here?? Not long I suspect or you've never looked at a map or your geographically challenged. West Ajijic extends all the way to the border with San Juan Cosala.

Isn't the Japanese nursery, Roosevelt school, Los Sabinos, Arroyo Alto, La Reserva, Puerto Arroyo, La Canacinta, La Cristina, Tres Canadas and Las Palmas in WEST Ajijic?

Been here 7 years. You're wrong again. Now who's stupid. You're such a nice polite man. Check with the Delagacion numbnuts. Here's a couple of indicators; garbage collection 6 days a week, city water on all the time. You got that? No, I didn't think so because you're in the campestre.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:54 pm

Because you get garbage collection 6 days, and we don't you're in Ajijijc!!! NOT!!! We're in a condo Community, they don't have to give us garbage collection, but we get it 4 days a week. What do you think we do with it, throw that filthy stuff on the street corner like in the Village, like you do? City water, so what, that crap that comes from the lake with all that sand that clogs your filters. We have a dedicated well over 300 feet in the ground, better water than you get with NO sand.

I said, look at the map NUMBNUTS. Obviously you didn't and get out and drive thru WEST Ajijic uop to SJC to see what's included in Ajijic. That's like saying Zapopan is not in GDL. WAKEUP!!!
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:20 pm

John one or two expensive houses selling does not make a market. Yes nice
good located houses will always sell and I am sure there are a few buyers
in your houses price range. But if you look at the number of buyers looking
at the 250 and below market you will see that that the 250 and higher group
have a lot more choice than the below 250 market. I hope you sell your
house and making it look better and showing it is well maintained really
helps. Not enough buyers in the high end market to reduce inventory while
the lower price housing is doing much better.

As far as your comment about Ajijic while I am sure you did not intend you
insulted everybody in the village. Our trash corner is cleaned by the
neighborhood at least twice a week including picking up all the small trash
on the street and washing the trash area. You know I don't make fun of
your choice to live and you should narrow your comments cause they don't
apply in my neighborhood nor Gringals neighborhood. As far as the water
goes it is pretty good in Lower Ajijic and I only change my filters three times
a year. Not that much sand. John while the raquet club is quite nice for what
it is many of us would prefer a root canal to living there but I don't pick on
your choice. Aim at your target like a rifle rather than firing a shotgun all
over Ajijic. Many of us would appreciate that.

Z

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Zed......you're being a real gentleman there......but I'm fairly sure John will fire back that he doesn't live in Racquet Club, but in the (pardon the caps...I'm just following John's usual way of putting it:) Premier Gated Community...etc. nowhere near the Racquet Club. Not that there's anything wrong with Racquet club if that's your cuppa.

What John seems to be describing is the very worst section of Ajijic, and every town has one. It certainly doesn't describe either your neighborhood or mine, plus those of a few other frequent posters' on here.

I hope he sells his house soon.........and for a good price, because sweating out a bad market is no fun, and usually has a negative effect on the disposition of the owner.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:36 pm

A friend of mine just called, he listed his home in Rancho d Oro 3 weeks ago, for $650 +/- and sold it yesterday for $620,000. Furniture was sold to buyer as a package between buyer and seller...no real estate comission on that portion. Very Happy

Buyers are members of Atlas CC, and live in GDL.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:05 pm

Jim W wrote:A friend of mine just called, he listed his home in Rancho d Oro 3 weeks ago, for $650 +/- and sold it yesterday for $620,000. Furniture was sold to buyer as a package between buyer and seller...no real estate comission on that portion. Very Happy
Buyers are members of Atlas CC, and live in GDL.

While this information is of limited use since we know nothing about the home that was sold in Rancho Del Oro or what its set asking price might have been prior to the U.S. market crash, Dawg suggests that higher priced homes may start selling more and more to well-to-do Tapatios such as those who own or have been acquiring lakefront poperties in Dawg´s neighborhood over the past couple of years or so. I think it´s a good trend if wealthier folks from Metro Guadalajara start moving in here and disenchanted NOBBERS start moving back NOB. A better mix of affluent people from different walks of life can only improve the community and make it more interesting and less midwesternerst from the U.S. lurking about would be a blessing and improve the local restaurant food.

My wife tells me I can view the Rancho Del Oro home that just sold on the MLS so I´m offf to see what sold at such a good price. I´ll bet, since it sold to Tapatios, that it´s a big house that would accomodate a large, successful family but maybe I´ll be proven wrong. Won´t be the first time.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:20 pm

Dawg, I was a little premie, as I was excited to post something more positive, as I believe, as stated earlier on another thread, focusing on GDL, for sellers will yield better results.....as the local piranha of realtors @ lakeside are trying to fish out the snowbird market of Lake Chapala. My friends purchased their home in Rancho, back in 07....put much money into it, and the buyer plans to add a couple more rooms. I think selling agent was Ajijic realty.

I listed my home in Chapala Haciendas a few months ago...I love the Haciendas, as it is quiet, 1 mile to Sorianos, 20 minutes to the airport, and, we enjoy learning GDL....we are in GDL 3 times per week, and have enjoyed fantastic food, and meeting people outside of lakeside.. Beer We can meet n greet Gringos without the trip...to MX..LOL I have 4300 sq. ft , pool home....tooooo fing big for us, pool , off street parking, never had an issue to fear.

We all made our choice, where to park our butt........LOL.....Gringal, Dawg, and me....I think are happy with our choices...........Dawg.....one question,
Is that a drink or a Bong in your Avatar.....LOL.

It's now cocktail hour for me, Talk soon,

Jim W

When my home sells ...cool....get to move from 2 level to one.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:52 pm

There's a LOT to be said for a one level home. We moved here to one level from a three level in San Miguel. Ouch. Hope you sell yours soon, Jim so you can enjoy the pleasures of less stair climbing.

Drink or bong? It's suspicious looking. Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next