INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here's another catchy thread to go in the pile...

+6
CanuckBob
Zedinmexico
brigitte
borderreiver
ferret
Chapalagringa
10 posters

Go down

Here's another catchy thread to go in the pile... Empty Here's another catchy thread to go in the pile...

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:23 am

Memorable thread happening now on TOB...what to do with your pet after they're gone. I'm aware that rednecks are out there but this about takes the cake...

"I have always cremated my own pets in my fireplace and then scattered the ashes NOB. Have not had to deal with this since arriving here."

when dogs pass away

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Here's another catchy thread to go in the pile... Empty Re: Here's another catchy thread to go in the pile...

Post by ferret Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:30 am

I read the thread before you posted it here. Made me wanna puke then and I still feel queasy. Maybe someone will please do the same to the poster although I'm sure it violates more than one health regulation here and NOB.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Here's another catchy thread to go in the pile... Empty Re: Here's another catchy thread to go in the pile...

Post by borderreiver Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:51 am

WOW !!! Make for an interesting pet wake. Would the invites suggest "bring your own nose plugs"? Bet "ferret" does a Youtube search. jajaja. This disturbing tidbit is now stuck in my mind. Didn't need it there.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:52 am

I wonder what they serve with their roasted puppy.

My dogs would not fit in the fireplace or the oven so I guess Iwould have to build a pit outside.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:45 am

What do you think happens when they cremate your pet? I admit
it is a little bit wierd especially if you watch it live but this is about
our own hangups not his/her. I also would be worried about the
smell. I think I would rather do it Viking style with a bonfire in the
back yard. Can't wait to see the posts on this on TOB. I do admit
I have handled bodies human and animal in my youth so I may be
less sensative than others. Not sure I would want to stuff a
Newfoundland into the fireplace.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:27 am

Need a big fireplace for the horse........jajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:34 am

Burial customs vary and what may seem disgusting to one culture is considered respectful by another, i.e., the custom of the funeral pyre which everyone stood around and watched, and on which the widow was expected to leap, or the custom of putting the body high up on poles where the vultures would pick it clean............and if you think about it, there's nothing too appealing about getting eaten by worms underground.

I'd say the major problem of fireplace cremation would be the aroma.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:49 am

Funeral pyres I get. That's a big ROARING fire...a fireplace doesn't cut it.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:32 pm

We're probably going to face this dilemma fairly soon, so have picked out a lovely spot in the garden with a view, have a special handmade blanket ready that she will be wrapped in, and that's where she'll be going. We'll plant a small garden in remembrance.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:08 pm

brigitte wrote:I wonder what they serve with their roasted puppy.

My dogs would not fit in the fireplace or the oven so I guess Iwould have to build a pit outside.

Maybe they could Google a few recepies.... Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:43 pm

It's called McDonalds.........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:08 pm

raqueteer wrote:We're probably going to face this dilemma fairly soon, so have picked out a lovely spot in the garden with a view, have a special handmade blanket ready that she will be wrapped in, and that's where she'll be going. We'll plant a small garden in remembrance.

That is wonderfully sweet and beautiful. Nothing more to be said IMHO.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:15 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
raqueteer wrote:We're probably going to face this dilemma fairly soon, so have picked out a lovely spot in the garden with a view, have a special handmade blanket ready that she will be wrapped in, and that's where she'll be going. We'll plant a small garden in remembrance.

That is wonderfully sweet and beautiful. Nothing more to be said IMHO.

Z

Thanks Z. Actually there is a bit more to say, this dog has brought so much joy into our lives that the end of her life is just as important as every other part of it. She's full of tumors now, and well past the normal lifespan for her breed. When she's no longer happy, or unable to eat and enjoy life, here in Mexico we have the option of asking the vet to come to the house so she doesn't have to suffer the trauma of being transported to an impersonal office when the time comes. That's an incredible bonus IMO. She also loves and trusts her vet.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:40 pm

This is my favorite poem about loving and losing companion animals. Written for a beloved horse, it applies to anyone who has shared their life with a much loved animal.

The Fragile Circle
"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives more temporary than our own live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.

Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan.

The life of a horse, often half our own, seems endless until one day. That day has come and gone for me, and I am once again within a somewhat smaller circle."

"The Once Again Prince" from Separate Life Times
— Irving Townsend

Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down