INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hacienda Don Emiliano resaturant now serving delicious breakfast

+3
Parker
oncesubtle
BRLAhere
7 posters

Go down

Hacienda Don Emiliano resaturant now serving delicious breakfast Empty Hacienda Don Emiliano resaturant now serving delicious breakfast

Post by BRLAhere Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:58 am

Me and my new Mexican wife took her parents out for breakfast last week and all four of us remarked how delicious the food was. I had eggs Benedict with real Canadian bacon and a great hollandaise sauce. My wife had huevos rancheros and her folks had Mexican eggs. All was well prepared and nice presentation with fresh strawberry, etc.

Our pocket pool club moved our tables out there last week and it is a beautiful setting. We had their bacon cheeseburger Tuesday and it was good. Can't say much for their french fries, but my wife ate all of hers. They have a very extensive menu. They're located on the highway to Mezcala just past the water ski jump entrance. Although one of our pool tables is private (for our members' use only), there is another table for public use. Oh, and they have the coldest beer in the area!

Here's their flyer & photos

Hacienda Don Emiliano resaturant now serving delicious breakfast Restau10

Hacienda Don Emiliano resaturant now serving delicious breakfast 100_5310

Hacienda Don Emiliano resaturant now serving delicious breakfast 100_5311
BRLAhere
BRLAhere
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Hacienda Don Emiliano resaturant now serving delicious breakfast Empty Re: Hacienda Don Emiliano resaturant now serving delicious breakfast

Post by oncesubtle Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:27 pm

This place is huge and really nice, everything is new including the building and landscape. Not mentioned is the outdoor bbq pit where logs are used to cook a wide selection of meats held upright by sharpened rebar spears.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Hacienda Don Emiliano resaturant now serving delicious breakfast Empty Re: Hacienda Don Emiliano resaturant now serving delicious breakfast

Post by Parker Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:30 pm

It would really be nice, Thank You, if someone would mention if they thought it might be somewhat handicap accessible. We always check out the places first but if there’s more than a few steps we just can’t do it yet. Thanks again. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Parker:

Did you look at any type of establishment with that in mind prior to it becoming a factor in your life? Unless a person is in some way handicapped or very close to someone who is, it may be an unreasonable expectation to have that cross other people's minds.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:59 pm

uhhh,,,,I believe Parker is handicapped CG.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:29 pm

While I wasn't paying attention to access for handicapped persons it seems to me you could be driven right up to the front door and then the car could be parked next to the restaurant. Go for it Parker, I think you'll be pleased.
Surte
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:29 pm

CB:

Please see that I understood that in my post. From Parker's prior postings, I gathered that this was a relatively new condition.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:05 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:CB:

Please see that I understood that in my post. From Parker's prior postings, I gathered that this was a relatively new condition.

It is a fairly new condition, over a year, just trying to get the word out and those that can be helpful it sure would be nice. Thanks again, Parker

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:44 pm

O.k, we just got back from Hacienda Don Emiliano, not to enjoy the bbq lamb and cold beer mind you, but to check out the handicapped access.

Turns out our physically limited brothers and sisters can drive right up to the front door, take a few steps to the entrance where there is a one and a half inch step-up, then it's about 6' to the nearest table.

I going to drag my carcass back there Saturday morning for their Eggs Benedict which is billed as being on a English muffin with Canadian Bacon. (I can only hope.)

Last edited by oncesubtle on Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Do I need one?)
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:11 pm

I've made the same request as Parker in other posts. It certainly doesn't hurt to ask if the OP doesn't mention accessibility...and there's no need to jump on those who do ask. Consider your wrist slapped with a wet noodle CG!

Kudos to Oncesubtle for finding out...would like to hear if their eggs benny are as good as Delicias.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:58 pm

"Consider your wrist slapped with a wet noodle CG!"

OK Ferret: please stop and think about this for a moment. As I pointed out in my previous post, unless someone is personally handicapped or has a close friend/relative, the tendency would be to not consider this aspect when doing a review or comment on a restaurant and that is only natural. To use a appropriate example, John has mobility issues and if one reviews his lists, he doesn't make a single comment on accessibility. I can certainly see where someone with issues would appreciate comments about same but could they possibly be expecting too much out of posters who wouldn't consider this to be a factor in their comments?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:40 pm

Agreed...I have often simply called the restaurant in question and asked about accessibility. But, wouldn't it be nice if that information was included? On the other hand, you'd have to include a LOT of other info too...
1) take a flashlight 'cuz you can't read the menu or the bill
2) condition of washrooms
3) take a magnifying glass 'cuz the print on the menu is too small
4) take a translator 'cuz the menu is only in Spanish
Yeah, I see how it could get out of hand. :)
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:29 am

This is not an expectation just a reminder in case someone remembers. The last time I brought this up there we’re several really good suggestions.

Thank Bob, I know how much this cost you to eat this unbearable-ly (good) food to get this information, but thanks anyway. Hope your Eggs-B are great, let us know.

P.S. Our Spanish pretty much sucks but we continue to try. Menus we understand, I guess it’s the proper motivation. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:39 am

CheenaGringo wrote:"Consider your wrist slapped with a wet noodle CG!"

OK Ferret: please stop and think about this for a moment. As I pointed out in my previous post, unless someone is personally handicapped or has a close friend/relative, the tendency would be to not consider this aspect when doing a review or comment on a restaurant and that is only natural. To use a appropriate example, John has mobility issues and if one reviews his lists, he doesn't make a single comment on accessibility. I can certainly see where someone with issues would appreciate comments about same but could they possibly be expecting too much out of posters who wouldn't consider this to be a factor in their comments?

John is an epileptic and can walk, hardly in a wheelchair situation, hell he can even go to “The Hole in One”. Talk about comparing “apples to oranges”.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:48 pm

Not having the fortitude to wait another day as mi estomago now rules my life, I went to Don Emiliano's this morning to try their huevos benedicto. Apologizing profusely for not having Canadian bacon chef Jesus (you can call me Chuy) T. Solorio B. said it hadn't been delivered from Super Lake yet and asked if ham would do? You bet, and it was absolutely delicious, served on a English muffin with a delicate hollandaise sauce, a side of hash browns or frijolies, tortillas and coffee for 75 pesos. I'd have to rate this the best eggs benedict deal lakeside, better than Delicias or La Nueva Posada. (And to reinforce my bet I'm going back tomorrow morning for the Canadian bacon version.)

About the chef: Turns out ol' Chuy had chef'ed for 25 years on the central California coast at some of the finest restaurants and in Mexico. He was born in Chapala, plans to stay, (thank youuu) speaks English and accommodating enough to share his cell phone number with anyone wanting special orders or notice of large groups. His cell # is (045) 331 712 2238.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:21 pm

Very interesting discussion of accessibility of restaurants. I have serious mobility and vision problems, yet in all my restaurant reviews on my website, I have not thought to speak to those issues.

I always go with a magnifying glass and a stout young man to lean on when my cane is not enough. I can manage one or two steps, but I could never go up a flight of stairs. What I really hate are those little inclines. They are too steep. A step would be easier. I know they are there for a wheelchair, but often they are not wide enough for a chair.

México is just not handicap friendly.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:21 pm

Oncesubtle...wow! Better than Delicias is worth the drive out there. Thanks!

Rolly, I hear you about those "steep little inclines". My hubby says they're really hard to negotiate and put older ankles at an angle that they're not happy about. Mexico may not be handicapped friendly but the Mexicans sure go out of their way to help those who are handicapped. They do, however, wait until they are asked for help rather than proffering it. I choose to believe that this is done as a sign of respect.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:02 pm

The best thing these establishments could do, IMHO, would be to put up solid handrails. A few steps without handrails in most cases keep us out and probably many others too.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BRLAhere Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:57 am

Hey OnceAroundTheBlockBob,

Thanks for your comments about those huevos benedictinos out there on the Mezcala highway. I always enjoyed Delicias', but hadn't eaten any in several months. When I ordered them from Chuy, I just thought it was because I hadn't had EB in a long time. But the more I ate, the more delicious they became. When driving back to Chapala I thought, "Damn them there eggs benedict were GOOD!". I believe the hollandaise is the pleaser. They even have banana pancakes on the menu!

Two days ago I was there shooting pool with one of the waiters (Jorge) and a couple came in ordered white wine and later Jorge delivered hamburgers to them (actually they are bacon cheeseburgers). When they finished eating and paid up, I heard her ask Jorge if she could get
the restaurant's business card. They don't have any available. She told him the hamburgers were the best she has eaten in all of Lakeside. So I approached her and asked her & her husband how they liked the burgers and she told me they were exceptional and she was gonna recommend them on the web board (the other board). They are delicious, so when you get in the mood for a burger, hit them up!

The best I understand, Chuy approached the restaurant last month (March) about offering a breakfast. The owner (a successful Guad businessman in a non-restaurant related business [his name is Sal...speaks English somewhat]) okay'd the idea and they began breakfasts on March 21. The owner is reluctant to wholeheartedly pour money into the breakfast-thing until the breakfast crowd grows. Chuy is a great guy & chef. I report to him every complaint (not many) our group has (with the wives, there's 25 of us). My wife ordered a ribeye medium rare the other day and it came to the table (beyond) super well-done and tough as leather. We sent it back, and received a medium rare steak, much tastier, yet just slightly on the tough side. That's not the restaurant's fault, their supplier doesn't have quality meat. Chuy wasn't there when this all came down. The next day when we were there again, he came straight to me and apologized then thanked me for sending the steak back, stating the kitchen help must learn from their mistakes. We told him that Black Angus steaks & meats are available with Guad suppliers and the owner should consider switching meats. He reports all this info to the owner and Sal is listening.

The restaurant is beautiful, it's a very nice country drive and the staff couldn't be more accommodating. Our group meets there around noon every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday. Come by sometime for some handshakes! It's a great group of folks.

Randy
BRLAhere
BRLAhere
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Hey RandyYouOldSackOfCrap,

Count me in. Dr. Juan insists I get some exercise and Candace wants me outta the house. So I figure shooting pool, drinking beer and eating hamburgers should make everyone happy, thanks! And thanks for the compliment, I've been around the block more than once.

Last edited by oncesubtle on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I wish I had one)
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by BRLAhere Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:47 pm

By the way, I just returned from the restaurant a few minutes ago. My American brother-in-law and I (we married Mexican sisters) decided to go shoot some pool this afternoon. He is very critical on foods because he's a good southern-style cook from Missouri. We decided to half a rack of ribs from the outdoor pit (with the meat on a stick). My, my, my.....talking about delicious.

We suspected they might be a little dried out. They were chewy and so flavorable (not the fall-off-the-bone kind of tender), but that charcoal flavor with a hint of delicious sauce just made them perfect. B-I-L said he would recommend those ribs to everyone and that's something he rarely says about food!!

Every table had customers, the outside dining was full and the music was a guy on a keyboard playing really great American & Latin music. There were dancers and applause. Just a great Sunday afternoon.

Bob, next time I visit Dr. Juan I'll tell him I see you jogging out to the restaurant all the time, okay?
BRLAhere
BRLAhere
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:33 pm

We checked out the Huevos Benidictino this morning. Muy Bueno as described. Once I showed my Canadian passport they pulled out the finest back bacon...............hmmmm, hmmm.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:51 pm

CanuckBob wrote:We checked out the Huevos Benidictino this morning. Muy Bueno as described. Once I showed my Canadian passport they pulled out the finest back bacon...............hmmmm, hmmm.

Not sure if you’re aware but the Chapala Mercado (in/beside) the Town Square and just as you enter from the Town Square, the meat shop on the left normally has really great bacon. If you haven’t tried it you should. They’ll slice it the way you want, just tell them.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down