INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pull out in front of a biker

+13
Intercasa
GBATRUCKS
Zedinmexico
CheenaGringo
johninajijic
Viajero-Tiempo
Jim W
borderreiver
CanuckBob
viajero
ferret
hockables
elgringo
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pull out in front of a biker Empty Pull out in front of a biker

Post by elgringo Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:06 pm

To the man that pulled out from Walmart into the inside lane in front of me almost hitting me on my motorcycle. You are a coward! You pulled out almost hitting me, then when I honk you have the nerve to flip me off ? Great move till you got caught at the red light. I bet you did not expect me to park and confront you did you? You showed what a coward you when I confronted you. ANYTIME you want to confront me again let me know. The satisfaction I have is knowing that you have to live with the fact that you left like a coward and you know you are my Bit%%ch and you have to live with this everyday.
People please watch out for bikers, we are just like you just a little crazier. We cannot stop on a dime and it hurts us a lot more in a accident.
This is why we get so upset.
elgringo
elgringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Pull out in front of a biker Empty Re: Pull out in front of a biker

Post by hockables Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:17 pm

so.... U think that wuz someone here?
*****************************************************************************************************
Years ago... on Isla Mujeres....I had taken a cab Centro...downtown... I paid the driver and went to exit the car from the rear passenger side.... as I opened up.... this guy on a moped sailed right into the door.... he was trying to pass the cab on the curbside between the car and the sidewalk. The guy started yell'n at me... even the cab driver seemed pissed about it...

I told em both ta F@#k @ff... don't know if they understood English... but I'm pretty sure they understood me....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:37 pm

Being cut off is not fun, especially on a bike. There seems to be a lot of aggressive drivers here. If nobody gives someone a break in the traffic then that someone doesn't give a break to anyone else either. Let 'em in and pass it on...let's see if courtesy breeds courtesy.

On the other hand, I was waiting to turn left onto the highway from Revolution this morning and some "gentleman" came along (the wrong way on the lateral) and put the nose of his truck in front of my car with the intention of also turning left. I honked the horn, flipped him the finger and yelled " Que paso cabron?"...two guys in business suits waiting to cross the highway started laughing so hard they just about doubled over. But, honestly, ya don't wanna mess with a pissed off white haired lady who follows rules. If I break 'em, let me have it!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:40 pm

You choose to ride a motorcycle in Mexico you best watch out for your own ass.
Macho biker dudes LOL.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:41 pm

hockables wrote:so.... U think that wuz someone here?
*****************************************************************************************************
Years ago... on Isla Mujeres....I had taken a cab Centro...downtown... I paid the driver and went to exit the car from the rear passenger side.... as I opened up.... this guy on a moped sailed right into the door.... he was trying to pass the cab on the curbside between the car and the sidewalk. The guy started yell'n at me... even the cab driver seemed pissed about it...

I told em both ta F@#k @ff... don't know if they understood English... but I'm pretty sure they understood me....

A buddy of mine has been cut off and involved in so many accidents... we nicknamed him " Ditcher "

It takes a set of Cahones to ride a Motorcycle in Sunny Mexico... it seems many drivers don't give a shit about much of anything...

Stop Signs... Speed Limits... No U Turns... merely a suggestion!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:48 pm

I used to ride NOB. Had a few crotch rockets and a Harley. Not sure if I will be riding here. I have taken a few unseen topes at 100km in my car and couldn't imagine having it happen on a bike.......jajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:00 pm

One of my first bikes was a Honda Elsinore,it ended up being confiscated by the San Blas, Nayarit municipal police in 1977,but thats another story.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Pull out in front of a biker Empty amazing new technology

Post by hockables Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:37 pm

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:32 am

Oh Hockables, you're so naughty. How do you find this shit?
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:31 am

Maybe they thought you were PEDRO? Dead Horse Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Viajero-Tiempo Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:27 am

Anyone that confronts another from their own car is asking for trouble.
We'll all know the color, the license tag, etc.
Broken headlights, keyed paint, etc etc

think

Save your heart attack or stroke for later

Count to 10

Viajero-Tiempo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:56 am

IMO, Most bike riders here think they're special and don't obey the rules of the road.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:09 am

The same could be said for the drivers of all other types of vehicles! And they have the false sense of security because they are surrounded by so much metal.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:41 pm

Stop it guys and gals. We all know bad drivers and riders come in all
flavors but do remember this if you are in the car you are involved in
an accident. If you are in a bike you are committed to an accident.
Any biker will understand what I wrote. Not sure how many four wheel
drivers do understand the difference. Everybody share the road and look
out for each other OK?

Peace

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:40 pm

The other name for bikers in Mexico is organ doners.
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:45 pm

I'm surprised there are not more gringos shot dead for their poor driving, i.e. cutting people off and then being a smart ass or driving 1 mile an hour over the limit in the fast lane.

This isn't the US and you need to be a gracious driver and kiss ass all the time or one day you may cross the wrong person, I've heard stories about people being shot for honking at others!
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by cane Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:04 pm

Intercasa wrote:I'm surprised there are not more gringos shot dead for their poor driving, i.e. cutting people off and then being a smart ass or driving 1 mile an hour over the limit in the fast lane.

This isn't the US and you need to be a gracious driver and kiss ass all the time or one day you may cross the wrong person, I've heard stories about people being shot for honking at others!

That could happen any where

cane
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideways Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:11 pm

Studies of motorcycle accidents indicate that the majority of car drivers do not "see" motorcycles; the most common accident between a biker and a car is when the car turns left directly in the path of an oncoming bike. It is NOT a willful act on the part of the car driver and veteran bikers are aware of this lack of brain registration of a bike in the mind of most car drivers and we drive in a very defensive manner when we are in heavy traffic areas.

To make a scene as described by the OP and intimidate/threaten the car driver is simply a mean-spirited over-reaction.

Sideways
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:19 pm

This is a macho culture (many, many people carry guns, you'd be surprised), not as much respect for the law and the bad guys are rarely caught. I'm fine swallowing my pride and staying alive.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:23 pm

Replying to Intercasa:You've got to be kidding,what an absurd post,I drive in GDL every day and it never ceases to amaze me how ignorant and rude the drivers are here,for a polite people they lose it when they get behind the wheel.Kiss ass and be gracious,I don't think so.I grew up driving in LA and thought I'd seen it all till I got here,if the drivers here tried their bullshit driving tactics in LA they'd be getting shot at right and left or at the very least a hefty ticket to teach them a little"cultura vial"something very lacking in Mexico.I'm not saying all mexican drivers are like that, maybe only 20%,that still leaves you with alot of clueless,macho idiots driving around.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:01 pm

That's exactly what my mom told me. Motorcycles scrared her to death because she just didn't see them.

Sideways wrote:Studies of motorcycle accidents indicate that the majority of car drivers do not "see" motorcycles; the most common accident between a biker and a car is when the car turns left directly in the path of an oncoming bike. It is NOT a willful act on the part of the car driver and veteran bikers are aware of this lack of brain registration of a bike in the mind of most car drivers and we drive in a very defensive manner when we are in heavy traffic areas.

To make a scene as described by the OP and intimidate/threaten the car driver is simply a mean-spirited over-reaction.

kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:04 pm

viajero wrote:Replying to Intercasa:You've got to be kidding,what an absurd post,I drive in GDL every day and it never ceases to amaze me how ignorant and rude the drivers are here,for a polite people they lose it when they get behind the wheel.Kiss ass and be gracious,I don't think so.I grew up driving in LA and thought I'd seen it all till I got here,if the drivers here tried their bullshit driving tactics in LA they'd be getting shot at right and left or at the very least a hefty ticket to teach them a little"cultura vial"something very lacking in Mexico.I'm not saying all mexican drivers are like that, maybe only 20%,that still leaves you with alot of clueless,macho idiots driving around.
Chris

Don't worry Chris I assure you we country folks coming down from Oregon to go to Disneyland thought your normal LA driving to be crazy enough to drive us Loco. Not
meaning anything by it but you know it is all relative. I spent the last 30 years of my life before I moved down here living in a place that actually enforced traffic laws.
Figured things out now even pull to the right before I make a left turn on a two lane road now that I am over the virgin phase of lakeside life. Not enough nerve to
drive in Guad yet other than the Joco to Cosco/mega or airport run. In fact we are very proud to add the Home Depot to our small but important skill set of comfort
zone driving. Pathetic I know but we did manage to drive from Seattle back and forth about six times now and not die or kill each other. I consider that the biggest
accomplishment.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:26 pm

I have voiced this opinion before but I don't find the drivers in Mexico all that bad and actually will compliment them on their defensive driving skills.

Here in New Mexico, we have more than our share of Hispanic drivers and I can honestly say that it is the female persuasion that tends to be the most aggressive so that may contradict the macho aspect. It is the same with them driving a shopping cart in a supermarket whereas the males tend to be polite and courteous. Now give the young males a motorcycle or a tricked out car and all bets are off.

Zed: I will certainly admit to being somewhat apprehensive about driving in Guadalajara going back to the late 90's. We had no problem with driving to Tlaquepaque or Tonala but were intimidated by attempting to drive into centro Guadalajara. If we were going into centro, we would drive to Tlaquepaque and then take a taxi from there. It was probably 2002 when I finally decided that I wanted to find Costco and Home Mart (now Home Depot) and said the heck with it. Sure I got turned around a few times but I was really proud of myself when I found both on my own. Once that door was opened, we no longer are hesitant about heading out to find anything we want in the entire metro area. There is no one watching you to see if you took the most direct route and making a few wrong turns is part of the educational process. Not only in Guadalajara but in our fairly extensive travels in other areas of Central Mexico making a wrong turn or finding our way has produced some interesting and educational experiences. Besides, nothing better than a great story to tell!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:39 pm

Zed, six round trips from Seattle, I'd say you can handle GDL traffic no problem.After 7 years of daily driving in GDL I've adapted,more aggressive and more defensive if that makes sense,I still yield for pedestrians,can't get past that,must be a character flaw.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:32 pm

Macho drivers eh? Well, even macho drivers have grannys and mothers to whom they show great respect. He knew he was wrong...and gave me a blinding smile, nodded and used his left hand to give the motion of "calm down".
And, yes, I could have been dead right but logic and good sense doesn't always prevail. I'm not a robot.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next