INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Daddy's Sausage

+19
Jim W
Big Daddy Mexico
hockables
kipissippi
Solovino
David
CheenaGringo
Zedinmexico
prorader
Parker
borderreiver
fastrak
hound dog
Bartdude
gringal
johninajijic
viajero
ferret
CanuckBob
23 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Big Daddy's Sausage - Page 6 Empty Re: Big Daddy's Sausage

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:37 pm

David wrote:
kipissippi wrote:Can't please everybody but you can take away their expectation of what they're about to taste.

Well Kip that's a good point. However, some description would be good. "Smoky and spicy" for example.

We had a brief description on our first labels and now the top label is in Spanish. There will be a bottom label coming out in the next week or so and will be in English. Dependent on the printer. LOL

The bottom label will be more detailed and include heating and cooking tips along with the ingredients and nutritional label.

The recipes that we use are basic Old Country recipes. We try and stay as traditional as we can. We will Never have sausages tasting the same as the originals in their particular countries. We can only strive to come close to them.

However, unless you have tried sausages in other countries, or sausages made by old school artisans, the sausages that you try in local super markets will taste different and probably taste good because of all the ascorbic acid and MSG etc that is in them.

Our sausages are made by hand and are all natural. We will never please everybody all of the time. But if we can please a few people some of the time, then we will be happy.

We have been expanding rapidly and growing everyweek. We sell out everyweek also, so there are a few people out there that do like our sausage. And thank you to those people. flag waver

Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:43 pm

kipissippi wrote:Well.....since he has several varieties...he has to call them something!

Hola kipissippi,

A list our our products and prices are available under the Events around the Lake section. I posted in earlier. You are welcome to come by the Monday Market at the Hole-In-One between 10am -12:30pm and you can sample all our products. This is what most people have been doing then there are no surprises. Thanks.
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:26 pm

Big Daddy Mexico wrote:
kipissippi wrote:Well.....since he has several varieties...he has to call them something!

Hola kipissippi,

A list our our products and prices are available under the Events around the Lake section. I posted in earlier. You are welcome to come by the Monday Market at the Hole-In-One between 10am -12:30pm and you can sample all our products. This is what most people have been doing then there are no surprises. Thanks.

ARGH!! Wish I could! Sounds DEEE LISH! What I was trying to get across is since your's are going to taste different since there are no additives...why use the old names? Big Daddy's Chicken Extravaganza! Big Daddy's Spicy Delight, Big Daddy's Heaven on Earth! Whatever. The name doesn't really matter...just something to identify their favorites so they can reorder. You aught to have a contest for the best names for each one! Beer
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:43 pm

hound dog wrote:Dawg has found Big Daddy´s sausages purchased at a grocery in West Ajijic to be somewhat vapid and bland. Methinks these sausages are designed for unadventuras traditional Canadian palates favored among some hereabouts who have historically equated seal blubber with high cuisine . Perhaps Big Daddy could spice up his sausages packaging some as muy fuerte for those among his potential clientele seeking more robust flavors than those sought by denizens of the Frozen Tundra raised on Tim Horton´s 20 minute coffee and poutine.
New to this forum, so forgive me if I'm a little late with a response. As a Canadian, I am proud to state that we have better, more discerning taste buds than most Americans do or ever did... not to mention WAY friggin' better beer. We just let our government let you all think we're bland, to keep millions of crazies from stampeding up across the border to find out what real food is all about.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed May 02, 2012 1:25 pm

Not technically sausages but I thought you Trader Joe's addicts might appreciate the Fearless Flyer description of their new all natural Jumbo Franks:

"Jumbo Uncured Beef Franks

Jumbo Uncured Beef FranksGluten Free!

It’s springtime for hot dogs, at Trader Joe’s! We have a plethora of dogs in our stores – all of the non-barking kind, of course. No matter which dog you choose to take home as your mealtime companion, you can be sure that it’s made with natural ingredients and without all the additives and fillers found in most franks.

New to our refrigerated cases this Spring are Trader Joe’s Jumbo Uncured Beef Franks. They’re beef franks, with no fillers, no preservatives, no MSG, no gluten and no added nitrates or nitrites (except for the naturally occurring nitrates in celery and cherry powder). Better still, the beef used to make these franks is from cattle raised on a vegetarian diet and is minimally processed. They have a natural pork casing, so every bite yields a good “snap.” We see these pups as proof that great tasting hot dogs can, in fact, be 100% natural.

And did we mention they’re huge? Yes, this is why we call them “Jumbo.” They’re a full four ounces each – that’s twice the size of our traditional beef franks! So when you’re howling with hunger, grab one of these dogs and woof if down – you’ll certainly be barking up the right tree. And our price of $4.49 for each 16 ounce package of four dogs? Well, that might just inspire puppy love, all across the land."

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 02, 2012 1:30 pm

I just had Big Daddy's Breakfast sausage this morning. I took his advice and poached them in water in the frying pan. I poked some holes in them and let the water cook off, then browned them. They were superb. Not greasy on the inside at all and very firm.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed May 02, 2012 4:21 pm

I tried the pure pork bratwurst yesterday and they were delicious! Just warmed them in the zapper.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed May 02, 2012 4:50 pm

Ok, I'm dying to try the chicken apple. Big Daddy, can you tell me if there is wheat, rye, or barley, or any processed foods/spices or otherwise that may contain gluten in your sausages? Specifically, the chix apple?

Thanks mucho!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Wed May 02, 2012 10:56 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Ok, I'm dying to try the chicken apple. Big Daddy, can you tell me if there is wheat, rye, or barley, or any processed foods/spices or otherwise that may contain gluten in your sausages? Specifically, the chix apple?

Thanks mucho!

All our sausages and meatballs are gluten free. We use less than 2% corn flour in our sausages and meatballs as a binder. We are at the Monday Market in the Hole In One if you want to try some sample our our sausages. We will not be in the Wednesday Tianguis for awhile as we need to make deliveries in Guadalajara.
Thanks flag waver
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Wed May 02, 2012 11:04 pm

I had vowed not to make chorizo, as there is plenty of it out there. However, one of our Delis in Guadalajara needed Spanish Chorizo.

So, we made some smoked Spanish Chorizo and according to the Deli that puts it in their Paella, it was a huge success. They sold out last weekend.

We will be adding it to our list of products in the next week.

As I had never tried true Spanish Chorizo, we were very please with the comments.

We will have samples for people to try on Monday.
Thanks flag waver
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed May 02, 2012 11:27 pm

Big Daddy: I am now a member of your Congregation. I pierced and boiled one of the bratwursts with holes poked in and then sliced it up and put it in a stir fry.
Delicious. Not too salty or fatty. I'll be back for more.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Wed May 02, 2012 11:32 pm

gringal wrote:Big Daddy: I am now a member of your Congregation. I pierced and boiled one of the bratwursts with holes poked in and then sliced it up and put it in a stir fry.
Delicious. Not too salty or fatty. I'll be back for more.

Jajajajaj, thanks so much, I appreciate the feed back, both positive and negative.

The positive stuff does feel good sometimes. Especially after 17 hours of making sausage and wondering if it is all worth it.

Have a great night.
Beer
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu May 03, 2012 8:40 am

Big Daddy Mexico wrote:
Trailrunner wrote:Ok, I'm dying to try the chicken apple. Big Daddy, can you tell me if there is wheat, rye, or barley, or any processed foods/spices or otherwise that may contain gluten in your sausages? Specifically, the chix apple?

Thanks mucho!

All our sausages and meatballs are gluten free. We use less than 2% corn flour in our sausages and meatballs as a binder. We are at the Monday Market in the Hole In One if you want to try some sample our our sausages. We will not be in the Wednesday Tianguis for awhile as we need to make deliveries in Guadalajara.
Thanks flag waver

WOO HOO! Thanks so much for responding.
I'm from Northern CA and was used to getting Aidells sausage. Aidells also makes a breakfast sausage of chicken/mango - mmmmm good.

So glad you're here, thanks for doing this!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu May 03, 2012 8:46 am

Big Daddy's Sausage sure is getting a lot of free advertising.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu May 03, 2012 8:48 am

Si, good products deserve it. It's called 'word of mouth'.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Thu May 03, 2012 9:10 am

Trailrunner wrote:Si, good products deserve it. It's called 'word of mouth'.

We also do a Spicy Mango Jalapeno Chicken which has become very popular.
Thanks flag waver
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu May 03, 2012 11:58 am

Got 'em! Thanks, BD.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu May 03, 2012 1:28 pm

Ok, BD, the Chix/Apple is REEEEEEEALY good. Felicitades y gracias!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Sun May 06, 2012 7:32 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Ok, BD, the Chix/Apple is REEEEEEEALY good. Felicitades y gracias!

Gracias, glad you enjoyed them.

flag waver
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun May 06, 2012 8:20 pm

Myles, Plan on fishing club meeting.....Friday, You and Cbob, will pick you up......OK
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Sun May 06, 2012 8:28 pm

Jim W wrote:Myles, Plan on fishing club meeting.....Friday, You and Cbob, will pick you up......OK

Sounds great, how long does it usually go? I have a function at my kids school for a combined mothers/fathers day at 10:30 or 11:00. I can bring my own vehicle and leave a bit early as long as there is no initiation or hazing for the new guy. LOL
lol!
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon May 07, 2012 8:22 am

[quote="Big Daddy Mexico"]
Jim W wrote:Myles, Plan on fishing club meeting.....Friday, You and Cbob, will pick you up......OK

Sounds great, how long does it usually go? I have a function at my kids school for a combined mothers/fathers day at 10:30 or 11:00. I can bring my own vehicle and leave a bit early as long as there is no initiation or hazing for the new guy. LOL

Perfect, Meet you @ Dona Lola Rest. 9:30 Friday morning..(on the carretera accross from waffle house)...we just have breakfast, share lies about the one that got away...LOL. Usually an hour +/-. C U There.

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Tue May 08, 2012 10:11 pm

Big Daddy's Sausage will hopefully be at the Wednesday Tianguis tomorrow in Ajijic. Come by and introduce yourself if you have time.

Always free samples and huge discounts for CBobs BB. LOL

We have the Suicide Dawg and it is HOT. Plus all our other flavors.

We are sold out of Souvlaki and tzatziki and Chicken Apple.

Our new flavor is Spanish Chorizo. Goes great with Paella.

Not sure of our location this week. Two weeks ago we were on the side street, so if you can't see us on the main drag, look for us there.

Thanks flag waver

Last edited by Big Daddy Mexico on Tue May 08, 2012 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 09, 2012 11:49 am

I couldn't find you there Papa Grande so I settled on buying some of your product from Toritos.....
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Wed May 09, 2012 12:11 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I couldn't find you there Papa Grande so I settled on buying some of your product from Toritos.....

We couldn't get a good spot today at the Tianguis. Well, we could have gotten a spot on the side street past the taco guy, but our alternator went in the SUV just as we were pulling up to the Tianguis and I wasn't about to turn off the SUV. Our mechanic guy has it now and is fixin it.

Sorry we missed you.

We're sorry we missed out on the Tianguis also. Double whamy with no income from sales today and an alternator to fix.

Can't cry over spilt milk. But you can over Tequila.

Well, back to making more sausage. LOL

Take Care. Big Daddy's Sausage - Page 6 851398
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 09, 2012 12:12 pm

No problemo. Good luck with that alternator.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next