INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHO IS YOUR PRIVATE MEDICAL INS COMPANY AND AGENT?

+8
Dr. Sam Thelin
sm1mex
David
checkmate
Parker
Jim W
gringal
johninajijic
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WHO IS YOUR PRIVATE MEDICAL INS COMPANY AND AGENT? Empty WHO IS YOUR PRIVATE MEDICAL INS COMPANY AND AGENT?

Post by johninajijic Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:49 pm

What is the name of your Private Health Insurance company, name of the Agent and his phone number and email?

What has been your experience(s) with your company and Agent? What is your MXN peso deductible? What is your percentage of copay? How much are you covered for in the US?

How old are you, what is your deductible and what is the cost of your policy (only if you wish to disclose this)?

It would be nice to hear from those who have AXA, BUPA, Allianz, GNP, Met Life, etc, etc.

I have Seguros Monterrey, a Division of New York Life. It is a Mexican company. My agent is Edgar Cedeno Cadenas. Phone no. 045 333 106 6982 email: mexicoprotect@hotmail.com We are both insured with them for 10 years and I have had excellent success with 2 operations and physical therapy along with monthly facturas for Fosamax (an osteoporis medication).
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

WHO IS YOUR PRIVATE MEDICAL INS COMPANY AND AGENT? Empty Re: WHO IS YOUR PRIVATE MEDICAL INS COMPANY AND AGENT?

Post by gringal Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:03 pm

John, check out Dr. Mike's thread on Fosamax.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

WHO IS YOUR PRIVATE MEDICAL INS COMPANY AND AGENT? Empty Re: WHO IS YOUR PRIVATE MEDICAL INS COMPANY AND AGENT?

Post by Jim W Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:44 pm

I have Allianz, 6 years, Parker is the agent, can only see her by appt. Discovered when I went to cancel, when premium hit 50,000 for 25,000 pesos deductible, they had me on premium plan, changing to basic plan,,,,cut me to 17 hospitals in GDL...premium dropped to 30,000....cost me over 100,000 peso.
wife 58, me 64.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:11 pm

Personally, I would like to hear from anyone insured with Allianz, and has had claims, when did you sign up, and did you have claims?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:06 pm

johninajijic wrote:What is the name of your Private Health Insurance company, name of the Agent and his phone number and email?

What has been your experience(s) with your company and Agent? What is your MXN peso deductible? What is your percentage of copay? How much are you covered for in the US?

How old are you, what is your deductible and what is the cost of your policy (only if you wish to disclose this)?

It would be nice to hear from those who have AXA, BUPA, Allianz, GNP, Met Life, etc, etc.

I have Seguros Monterrey, a Division of New York Life. It is a Mexican company. My agent is Edgar Cedeno Cadenas. Phone no. 045 333 106 6982 email: mexicoprotect@hotmail.com We are both insured with them for 10 years and I have had excellent success with 2 operations and physical therapy along with monthly facturas for Fosamax (an osteoporis medication).

John , Thank You for starting this thread.....I think it is important that Newbies understand the medical system in Mexico......I have beened screwed and tattoed........by Allianz.....I am hopeful others will share there positive experience....my opinion is jaded
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:24 pm

Insurance cost about 45,000 pesos per year for two, with a 30,000 peso each deductible, per incident, age 64 & 62. For us this is strictly for catastrophic medical coverage. Must be 64 or under to start, once in if you continue to pay the premiums (as far as I understand) they can’t drop you. However they raise your premiums yearly, supposedly anywhere from 5 to 30% and everyone is charged the same, no extra charge if you have a claim. We’ll be in for a large increase this year because one of us will turn 65.

Our agent is IMHO the best. This company has paid about $750K (thousand) USD in claims and is still paying. When leaving the hospital everything has to be paid, all final bills need to be paid. I’d forgotten my passport so they wouldn’t accept my little over $10K USD check so Jesus took my check and wrote the check to the hospital, in the real world this just doesn’t happen. Now we have known each other for a while.

Also this happened in a foreign country and had to fly back to Guadalajara and by the time we arrived at the hospital septic shock had set in and IMHO if it hadn’t been for Jesus and his efficiency, I’m pretty sure this story would not be told. He had the ambulance and doctors waiting for our arrival.

Jesús Tejeda Mejorada
Insurance Agent
Seguros AXA
www.axa.com.mx
jtejeda17@hotmail.com
Tels/Fax (52 33)- 35 63 13 00 con 8 Líneas
Cell (52 33) 36670499

Perhaps this should be put in a file the only thing that changes is the amount that AXA has paid.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

WHO IS YOUR PRIVATE MEDICAL INS COMPANY AND AGENT? Empty Who is your medical insurance provider

Post by checkmate Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Has anyone heard of TioCorp Insurance Company. I just got a quote yesterday but I have not seen anyone on this board mention them. Would appreciate any feedback.

checkmate

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:04 pm

Many have heard of them including me. I have nothing good to say about them.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:17 pm

Bellon Insurance across from Handy Mail is excellent. I have Met Life with them and have had several hospitalizations and claims. They always meet me at the hospital, get me checked in and then get me release. I don't have to do a thing. Everything arranged. If there is an emergency, they will meet you at the hospital and help you. They have many companies they represent. Andre and Claude are at the office 9-5. Phone 766-5151
I changed to Bellon for my car insurance this year as they quoted me 2000 pesos less for twice the liability I had last year from a well know agent. They are the best. Stop and see them for any insurance needs.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:58 pm

sm1mex wrote:Bellon Insurance across from Handy Mail is excellent. I have Met Life with them and have had several hospitalizations and claims. They always meet me at the hospital, get me checked in and then get me release. I don't have to do a thing. Everything arranged. If there is an emergency, they will meet you at the hospital and help you. They have many companies they represent. Andre and Claude are at the office 9-5. Phone 766-5151
I changed to Bellon for my car insurance this year as they quoted me 2000 pesos less for twice the liability I had last year from a well know agent. They are the best. Stop and see them for any insurance needs.

I first learned of Bellon when Claude came to the Cruz Roja over an accident (above and beyond for a client). I then used him for a new policy on my auto, and have to say that the service and knowledge is impressive.

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:53 pm

Dr. Thelin. I was the person who sent my ill friend to Cruz Roja and then immediately called Andre and Claude. Claude went immediately to CR to assist. They have done this for several of their clients that have become ill. They are definitely there for their clients. Excellent customer service.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:40 pm

Actually with your friend was the second time I saw him there. Very Happy

sm1mex wrote:Dr. Thelin. I was the person who sent my ill friend to Cruz Roja and then immediately called Andre and Claude. Claude went immediately to CR to assist. They have done this for several of their clients that have become ill. They are definitely there for their clients. Excellent customer service.

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:20 am

Yes, I sent 2 friends to the Cruz Roja and called Claude each time. I am a nurse. When people are sick near me, they call me, then I send them to you.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

WHO IS YOUR PRIVATE MEDICAL INS COMPANY AND AGENT? Empty Bellon / MetLife

Post by Sherman Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:14 am

sm1mex wrote:Bellon Insurance across from Handy Mail is excellent.  I have Met Life with them and have had several hospitalizations and claims.  They always meet me at the hospital, get me checked in and then get me release.  I don't have to do a thing.  Everything arranged.  If there is an emergency, they will meet you at the hospital and help you.  They have many companies they represent.  Andre and Claude are at the office 9-5.  Phone 766-5151
I changed to Bellon for my car insurance this year as they quoted me 2000 pesos less for twice the liability I had last year from a well know agent.  They are the best.  Stop and see them for any insurance needs.

I also use Bellon.
I changed agents lakeside to Bellon from another local agent because of poor service. My claim was a mess and it took almost 6 months to get the needed facturas, etc. They got stuck with the mess and worked with me to get it sorted out. Andre's English is good, but Claude spent several years in the US, so his English is excellent.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:53 pm

Sherman wrote:
sm1mex wrote:Bellon Insurance across from Handy Mail is excellent.  I have Met Life with them and have had several hospitalizations and claims.  They always meet me at the hospital, get me checked in and then get me release.  I don't have to do a thing.  Everything arranged.  If there is an emergency, they will meet you at the hospital and help you.  They have many companies they represent.  Andre and Claude are at the office 9-5.  Phone 766-5151
I changed to Bellon for my car insurance this year as they quoted me 2000 pesos less for twice the liability I had last year from a well know agent.  They are the best.  Stop and see them for any insurance needs.

I also use Bellon.
I changed agents lakeside to Bellon from another local agent because of poor service.  My claim was a mess and it took almost 6 months to get the needed facturas, etc.  They got stuck with  the mess and worked with me to get it sorted out.  Andre's English is good, but Claude spent several years in the US, so his English is excellent.

I'm adding on to my own post based on a current claim.
I use Bellon and they are better than the agent(s) I had here lakeside. That means just that ... better than many other options here lakeside.
They go the extra mile on some things, but at the end of the day, they operate much the same way as many other things here.

For claims and information on how to provide the proper information they need, everyone in the office has a different story on how to do this. And, I don't get the same instruction from the same person if I go back in a second time. They don't seem to talk to each other at all. Every time when I go back in to try and get something final on what they need, I continue to get another story. I've given up trying to work by email and telephone isn't any better.

And, with my current claim, I turned everything in they asked for and in the way they asked for it. Now the problem is that they can no longer deal with the Walmart Pharmacy bills because it has to have been done in the month in which the expense was incurred .... in this case, July. All the paperwork was submitted to Bellon in July. However, the 'office' is only now getting around to looking at the things that were submitted in July.

So, email and telephone is ruled out as far as communication. I've been repeatedly into the office and spoken with staff there ... and that has not worked very well either.

This is my second claim with them and the last one took 6 months of me repeatedly going into the office, and reminding them of what had to be done or asking for status. I was patient with them because the original mess up was not theirs.

But, if this is an every time occurrence, I would think there has to be other agents around where this is not the regular practice.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:10 pm

Sorry you have had this experience. I have had many claims and they have all been handled efficiently.
Andre is the agent and it is best to deal with him directly.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:19 pm

sm1mex wrote:Sorry you have had this experience.  I have had many claims and they have all been handled efficiently.
Andre is the agent and it is best to deal with him directly.

Unfortunately he is not there most of the time. In this last case, the paperwork I submitted was there in a timely manner and it sat. Now, I'm being told the claim cannot be processed.

I was patient the first time. And, I'm now wondering if I was being too gracious.
My claim was almost $5000US and more than 20% was not paid. I'm not questioning why.

In addition, my last premium was almost missed.
I went in early to find out exactly how much was due and when. Claude told me that it was too early to pay and that they would get back to me with a notice.

I contacted them again when I was a little more than a month out. Ultimately I was in there again just before the end of the 30 day grace period because I still had no notification. I just made the payment or my insurance would have been cancelled.

Now, this.

Andre is not here and there's no evidence that there is any communication within the office.
Around here it seems like there's a flavor of day which lasts awhile until the next one moves in.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

WHO IS YOUR PRIVATE MEDICAL INS COMPANY AND AGENT? Empty Claude no longer at Bellon unless something has changed very recently and Andre has only been lakeside one day a week for a long time. I understand that might have changed to two days a week .... but that does not replace Claude in the office 5 days!

Post by Sherman Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:49 pm

As things go around here, at last count, Claude parted ways with Andre. Unless they have 'mended' Claude is gone.
He was the main draw for me because he was going to be at the office 5 days a week from 9 to 5:00. This made for very convenient access to paying the premium or discussing a claim.

Unless Andre is physically in the office, which had been one day a week, it was difficult contacting him via phone because his computer in Guad had no access to information on the computer in Ajijic.

Andre's primary business is in Guadalajara. So, it will be interesting to see if you continue to get the same level of service.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:59 am

Andre has a new partner who will be in the office upon andre's absence. His name is Alejandro and is a licensed agent also.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:09 am

Licensed?  Insurance agents are licensed?  Tell me more please.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:23 am

Yes. Insurance agents must be licensed to sell policies. They have to take a very hard exam every 3 years in order to get their certification card renewed.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:42 pm

After 2 months in dealing with Bellon to try and get a small claim filed, this guy was recommended by someone lakeside who has used him for a few years. He speaks Spanish only and I use a lot of google translate ... but it worked. After I contacted him, he sent me the information he needed for the claim. It took 10 days to settle the claim and he then transferred the money to my bank account. No problems and no silliness.

His name and contact information is:
Carlos Gonzalez, Met Life Agent (he works at MetLife)
cell 333 677 8677, reg number is 331 522 0121
email: cvgonzalez@metconsultores.com

I met him once a couple of years ago. He's a young guy and seems very competent.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by NEGringos Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:08 pm

Is Bellon Ins still in business? I have tried the 766-5151 number given to me in another post and it is listed on his one. I cannot get through. All links to any web pages are not valid.

NEGringos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:11 pm

NEGringos wrote:Is Bellon Ins still in business? I have tried the 766-5151 number given to me in another post and it is listed on his one. I cannot get through. All links to any web pages are not valid.

Their office was open about an hour ago when I went by. If I get by there again today, I will try to get a valid phone no. for you.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:55 pm

Yes 766-5151 is valid. Just called it yesterday. Also the second line is 766-5717. Or direct cell 333 662 6915.
email: andre@bellon.com.mx

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next