INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you Rate these Restaurants for Food Quality?

+10
hound dog
raqueteer
Mainecoons
CheenaGringo
Parker
David
gringal
CanuckBob
hockables
johninajijic
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How do you Rate these Restaurants for Food Quality? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you Rate these Restaurants for Food Quality?

Post by raqueteer Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:45 pm

I noticed that nobody has rated Vita Bella, which is one of the best IMO. As for the others, Tango is pretty consistent. We like Robertos and the Hacienda. Panino's is great for lunch as is Rikki's.

Mostly we eat at home because most restaurants here are dubious at best.

Number 4 is overpriced and the food mediocre IMO, bad service every time we've been there, bad food and ridiculous wine prices.

Let's face facts here, this is hardly restaurant heaven.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

How do you Rate these Restaurants for Food Quality? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you Rate these Restaurants for Food Quality?

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:43 pm

How many years has John been asking people for their restaurant opinions and then belittling them when they don's agree? In some books, that might be the definition of a TROLL!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:20 pm

You guys should stop picking on John whose primary restaurant experience is from his hometown of the Boston exurb of Quincy, Mass. - a noted redneck shithole where McDonalds raised the level of local cuisine to "edible" in the 1960s. John thinks a fine sauce is ketchup in little packets to be opened by white plastic knives supplied by the restaurant and discarded in bins the detritus from which would fill an area large enough to contain the city of Akron, Ohio in less than 45 minutes.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:56 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:How many years has John been asking people for their restaurant opinions and then belittling them when they don's agree? In some books, that might be the definition of a TROLL!

Because of the recent altercations concerning the word “Troll” which most find a demeaning description of anyone’s character and definitely an effort of “banishment” of any individual, I spent considerable time trying to understand. This is what I learned; it’s not as simple as one would like to think. What I found is we all have a little “Troll” in us. It’s hardly a simple 3 question questionnaire. Just as it's common for people to call any kind of malware a computer virus, it's not unusual for people to call any kind of disruptive person online a troll. Here are a few of the categories where trolls might fit in:

[b]Internet Troll Help[/b]

The first step to dealing with trolls is learning how to recognize them. The following traits are clues:

• Does the person ask the same questions worded in different ways? Does the person ignore suggestions or responses from other members of the community? If the community has a frequently asked question (FAQ) section, does the person seemingly refuse to read it?

• Has the person posted inflammatory remarks that have no real substance to them?

• Does he or she make it a habit to post messages that include insults and vulgar language?

• Does he or she respond to other members in a purely negative, critical way?

• Does the person post messages that are generally off-topic? Does he or she seem to want only attention rather than discuss the topic at hand?

• Does the person resurrect old conversations or discussions that were once controversial within the community? Some trolls enjoy bringing back old arguments to encourage dissent within a group.

• When confronted with a counter argument, does the person in question change tactics rather than answer the points made by another member? Does the person employ logical fallacies within their posts?

If the answer to these questions is yes, there's a good chance you're dealing with a troll. Whether the member is consciously trying to troll the community or not is another matter. There are times when even respected members of an online community might behave like a troll. But if it's a new member who is very active and displays these qualities, you've probably got a real troll on your hands.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:32 pm

Living in Joco I didn't get to Ajijic often for dinner and I like my own food. I just vote for that Italian/Pizza place about 4 blocks east of the 7-11. Best pizza I've had in Mexico
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:26 pm

Is that the 7-11 in Ajijic? Notice there was no mention of the great "goat Stew" places in Joco. My 1st local Mx food experience was that 24/7 600 seat taco joint between the airport and Chapala. My taxi driver begged me to stop. He loaded up with takehome and I bought us snacks. Too cool. What a great intro. What a great place. Do it urself, no service, and, a salsa BUFFET. A 10.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:05 am

7-11 east of Walmart
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:14 am

I think that would be Toscana. Good pizza and other offerings.

Best pizza I've had in Mexico was on a side road going to the beach in Sayulita.
A bit long drive, though.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:19 am

gringal wrote:I think that would be Toscana. Good pizza and other offerings.

Best pizza I've had in Mexico was on a side road going to the beach in Sayulita.
A bit long drive, though.

Maybe they deliver............????
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:20 am

Best Pizza in Mexico is at John's house, but you'll never find out coz you're not invited.

Best Italian food is at John's house. All our friends think so and most of them don't like the "so called" Italian restaurants in Ajijic. After Bob and Sharon eat here, Bob can write his review.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:10 am

Such arrogance.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:42 am

David wrote:Such arrogance.

Yup. And I'm not going to invite John for Italian food at my house. Or Cal-Mex tamale pie, either. lol!

It's easy to make claims of being "the best".........but he's not in a Chili-Cookoff type contest where he's judged by anyone but his friends.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:55 am

gringal wrote:

Yup. And I'm not going to invite John for Italian food at my house. Or Cal-Mex tamale pie, either. lol!

It's easy to make claims of being "the best".........but he's not in a Chili-Cookoff type contest where he's judged by anyone but his friends.

I entered into The American Legion Chili Cookoff... really just wanted to try other's stuff...
Last minute plans... a friend arrived unexpectedly in Guad that afternoon.... never went to the competition...
never tried other's recipies... not even sure how mine rated ( not in top 5 )
But I know in my heart.... mine is the BEST.... screw em....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:31 pm

gringal wrote:

What?????? He has friends?

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Chuckle, Raq. He apparently is not the sole member of his "dining club" and it will be a chilly day in Hades when folks won't accept a dinner invite, for free.

But, nevertheless............this ain't the Olympics Food Contest.
My cooking ain't world class.........but everybody cleans their plates. Nuff said.
cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:20 pm

[quote="
Best Italian food is at John's house.

John has never, ever, tasted real Italian food nor a real Italian pizza. That Dawg, who has, as of today, spent 41 year married into a French Parisian family with exquisite culinary Italian and Algerian and Alsatian and Meditteranean and Moroccan and Tunisian food skills and Vietnamese and Thai and Chinese food skills to say nothing of Alabamian food skills and East African and East Indian food skils imtroduced by Bama Dawg, can circle John´s food experiences just by opening one can of garbanzo beans. As far as John is concerned; the turnip truck has still not arrived. John is still searching for that prize in that Cracker Jack box and he´ll never find it.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:23 pm

gringal wrote:Chuckle, Raq. He apparently is not the sole member of his "dining club" and it will be a chilly day in Hades when folks won't accept a dinner invite, for free.

But, nevertheless............this ain't the Olympics Food Contest.
My cooking ain't world class.........but everybody cleans their plates. Nuff said.
cheers

Well, I look at it differently and have refused more than a few dinner invitations. Listening to idiots rabbiting on about things they know nothing about is likely to give me heartburn or worse. In other words it ain't worth the stomach lining.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:35 pm

So, Canuck Bob moved in next to John in Ajjic and will be writing a review of John´s superb Italian food. I hope he brings a can opener since Chef Boy-Ar-Dee cans explode if heated without proper ventillation. Just remember that raviolios always taste better with ketchup on a bed of kudzu greens. The closest John has ever been to Italy is that pizza joint in the Boston exurb of Redneck Quincy covered with insipid tomato sauce stolen from trucks on their way to Moline, Illinois.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:40 pm

Yes, there are any number of people I know casually whose dinner invitations would be refused on some excuse of the other. The price exacted by attending would require listening , and gawd forbid, participating in the blathering............t'aint worth it.

I overstated the case in saying it would be chilly in Hades when a free dinner would be turned down. "Depends", would be more accurate.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:06 pm

johninajijic wrote:Best Pizza in Mexico is at John's house, but you'll never find out coz you're not invited.

Best Italian food is at John's house. All our friends think so and most of them don't like the "so called" Italian restaurants in Ajijic. After Bob and Sharon eat here, Bob can write his review.

I went to high school in a small town of Italians, Polish, and Irish. Now the best italian food was in those small houses. Maybe John grew up in one of those houses.
Not saying I know but I would eat in any of those poor italian or polish houses than all the fancy resturants. Also if you think Hillshire farms is polish sausage you
are not getting it. When Dad would die early Mom would just turn the parlor into a dining room and feed people. I was very lucky to live near a polish and italian
house as I described. I wish I could eat some now right now. I never had bad food in any Italians home and frankly it was much better than most of the so called
italian resturants. Kinda like the difference between texmex food and real mexican food. John might have very very good italian food. Ethnic food is very good in
the NE U.S. We don't have a single good italian resturant in Oregon. Believe it or not I go to the Venitian in Las Vegas for real Italian food.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:06 pm

Hmmm. I always liked Pazzo downtown and Nick's in McMinnville. De Nicola's was always good too.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:26 pm

No one else going to offer their opinion on the list of restaurants?

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:40 pm

I noticed GO wasn't on the list. I'd give it a 7. I'd give Cinco Potrillos an 8. Has anyone dined at Zona Zero? Does anyone have favorites in Guadalajara?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:41 pm

I would also give Viva Mexico an 8.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:51 pm

hound dog wrote:So, Canuck Bob moved in next to John in Ajjic and will be writing a review of John´s superb Italian food. I hope he brings a can opener since Chef Boy-Ar-Dee cans explode if heated without proper ventillation. Just remember that raviolios always taste better with ketchup on a bed of kudzu greens. The closest John has ever been to Italy is that pizza joint in the Boston exurb of Redneck Quincy covered with insipid tomato sauce stolen from trucks on their way to Moline, Illinois.

Look who's blathering, the redneck from a State (I'm being generous) that I would never live in. Since you have never eaten here and never will you cannot criticize authentic Italalian food. Keep eating at those phony Italian restaurants in Ajijic. La Taverna, puts chiles in his sauces, Tratorria di Axixic, a Mexican who knows NOTHING about Italian food, Toscana who can't make a decent Pizza or Italian sauce. The only decent place is Angelica's Bistro. Pablo is a true Italian and has good sauces.

BTW, I have never eaten Chef Boy R Dee in my life. Anyone who buys that crap and serves it to their kids should be shot dead.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:55 pm

hound dog wrote:[quote="
Best Italian food is at John's house.

John has never, ever, tasted real Italian food nor a real Italian pizza. That Dawg, who has, as of today, spent 41 year married into a French Parisian family with exquisite culinary Italian and Algerian and Alsatian and Meditteranean and Moroccan and Tunisian food skills and Vietnamese and Thai and Chinese food skills to say nothing of Alabamian food skills and East African and East Indian food skils imtroduced by Bama Dawg, can circle John´s food experiences just by opening one can of garbanzo beans. As far as John is concerned; the turnip truck has still not arrived. John is still searching for that prize in that Cracker Jack box and he´ll never find it.

Just your usual arrogant opinion. No one can cook that many styles of food and be good at it.

Tell us your Italian food experiences and where. I think you are slinging your usual BS. You and CG must be very good friends.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next